Michael J. Molina is an Associate Attorney at Belluck & Fox, where he represents families and victims of asbestos-related Mesothelioma and Lung Cancer against corporations who caused the disease through environmental hazards and dangerous consumer products.
Before entering private practice, Michael served his community as an Assistant District Attorney in Brooklyn, New York, where he prosecuted over a thousand criminal cases before New York State Supreme and Criminal Court.
At the Kings County District Attorney’s Office, Michael was progressive in his approach to policing and public safety by focusing on key issues impacting urban communities, including the decriminalization of marijuana and implementation of modern bail reform.
Michael obtained his undergraduate and legal degrees at St. John’s University, where he was the Research Editor of both the St. John’s Journal of International & Comparative Law and the New York International Law Review. Michael received a 1 st Place commendation for the Professor William R. Ginsberg Memorial Contest of the Environmental Law Section of the New York State Bar Association for his writing on environmental safety issues.
He was honored with induction into numerous prestigious societies, including the Order of Omega, the Phi Alpha Theta National History Honor Society, and the Gamma Sigma Alpha National Society. Additionally, he was the sole recipient of the NALFO Excellence Award and bestowed the St. John’s Gold Award for his dedication and work in the community.
He currently devotes his time as the alumni advisor to La Unidad Latina at his alma mater and as a board member of the subsidiary, La Unidad Latina Law Guild, which focuses on the advancement of students of color in higher education by providing positive role models, mentorship, and networking opportunities.
When he is not zealously advocating for his clients, Michael enjoys speaking at diversity functions, engaging in fitness activities, and supporting locally owned restaurants and businesses in his Brooklyn hometown.
- Mesothelioma and Asbestos
- Personal Injury
- St. John’s University School of Law, Juris Doctorate
- St. John’s University, Baccalaureate of Arts, cum laude
- Council of Urban Professionals, Member
- La Unidad Latina, Inc., Law Guild Board Member
- Puerto Rican Bar Association, Member
- Council of Urban Professionals Fellow 2020
- St. John’s Journal of International & Comparative Law Review, Research Editor
- New York International Law Review, Research Editor
- 1st Place – NY State Bar Association, Environmental Law Section 2014 Professor William R. Ginsberg Memorial Contest
- NALFO Excellence Award, 2011
- SJU Gold Award, 2011
- Order of Omega, Induction 2011, President
- Gamma Sigma Alpha National Honor Society, Induction 2011, Treasurer
- Phi Alpha Theta National History Honor Society
- A.L.F.S.A., 2010 – 2011, President