Recent Mesothelioma Fundraising and Donation Events
The legal team at Belluck & Fox, LLP works closely with mesothelioma victims and their medical teams. Our attorneys know that it takes strength, courage and ongoing research to battle this rare cancer. The scientific research to find new and effective treatments is expensive; donations from businesses and private citizens are critical to funding those research projects. We are proud to be a part of those funding efforts.
- Belluck & Fox, LLP donated funds to the NYU Langone Medical Center’s Cancer Institute to purchase a highly-advanced molecular analysis system for cancer research. The NanoString Technologies Counter Analysis System is a fully-automated, multi-application digital detection and counting system that provides assays for gene expression, miRNA analysis and copy number variation. Learn more.
- Belluck & Fox, LLP provided an educational grant to the Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation to help support the Foundation’s annual Mesothelioma Symposium.
- Joseph W. Belluck, a partner in the New York law firm Belluck & Fox, which concentrates on representing victims of mesothelioma, was one of approximately 130 people who participated in the Kayaking 4 A Cure event on the Hudson River. Kayakers paddled from Schuylerville, NY through Stillwater and finished at Mechanicville boat dock. The funds he raised went to mesothelioma research.
- Jessica Russell, a mesothelioma attorney at Belluck & Fox, LLP, rappelled nearly 500 feet down the side of a 34-story high-rise in Jersey City, New Jersey as a participant in the American Cancer Society’s Over the Edge rappel for cancer.
- Members of the law firm Belluck & Fox, LLP joined walkers in their fight against mesothelioma in the Fifth Annual 5k Walk for Hope held at Eisenhower Park in East Meadow, New York.
Paddling for Mesothelioma
Once again this year, attorney Joseph W. Belluck and others from the New York law firm of Belluck & Fox will kayak 16 miles to raise awareness and donations to fight mesothelioma, an aggressive cancer caused by asbestos exposure.
Belluck, a partner at Belluck & Fox, which concentrates on representing victims of mesothelioma, and approximately 130 others will participate in the Kayaking 4 Meso event, to be held September 12, on the Hudson River. Kayakers will paddle from Schuylerville, NY through Stillwater, where they will pick up other kayakers, and finish at the Mechanicville boat dock. There will be festivities and a celebration at Mechanicville.
Mark Wells, whose daughter Linda was diagnosed with peritoneal mesothelioma at age 16, organized the annual Kayaking 4 Meso event to help educate the public about the dangers of asbestos and to raise money for mesothelioma research. Peritoneal mesothelioma affects the lining of the abdominal cavity and is less common than pleural mesothelioma, that affects the lungs. Linda has been battling the disease for approximately 10 years, enduring six major surgeries and several rounds of chemotherapy, her father said.
Mesothelioma is a cancer caused by inhaling or swallowing asbestos fibers. There is as yet no known cure and researchers are seeking more effective treatments to manage the disease. Approximately 2,500 to 3,000 people in the United States are diagnosed with mesothelioma each year.
Money raised will be donated to the Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation, a national non-profit “dedicated to eradicating the life-ending and vicious effects of mesothelioma.”
Belluck & Fox, LLP is one of the sponsors of the event.
Visit the Kayaking 4 Meso website for more information and to register for the event.