Product Liability Legal Services in New York City
Whether it’s a medical device for your father, a toy for your child, a toxic material such as asbestos or a part in your car, a dangerous or defective product can cause serious harm and instantly change your world forever.
You should be able to trust that the products you are sold in the United States are safe to be used as intended. In fact, companies that manufacture and distribute products in this country have a serious legal obligation to consumers. When a corporation fails to honor this obligation, disregarding the public’s safety and putting everyday people in danger, it must be held accountable.
If a dangerous or defective product has left you seriously injured or caused a wrongful death in your family, the New York City product liability attorneys at Belluck & Fox will aggressively fight for justice for you. Our nationally recognized attorneys will identify every potentially responsible party in the chain of distribution and demand maximum the compensation you deserve.
Our top-rated NYC personal injury lawyers stand ready to help you now. Please contact us today so we can review the details of your claim and talk about all of your legal options. Call our Manhattan law office at (212) 681-1575 or fill out our online form to get started.
How Our New York City Product Liability Lawyers Can Help You
Table of Contents
- 1 How Our New York City Product Liability Lawyers Can Help You
- 2 Why Choose Belluck & Fox?
- 2.1 Highly recommended New York City product liability lawyers with more than two decades of litigation experience Successful track record of recovering more than $1 billion for individuals and families harmed by defective or dangerous products Dedicated to the aggressive pursuit of the best outcome for our deserving clients Top rated law firm with the manpower and resources to go up against large corporations
- 3 Know Your Rights as a Consumer
- 4 Compensation for Victims of Dangerous Products
- 5 Examples of Dangerous Consumer Products
- 6 Who Can Be Held Responsible in a Product Liability Lawsuit?
- 7 Types of Product Liability Cases
- 8 Statute of Limitations on Product Liability Claims in New York
- 9 Contact Our Award-Winning NYC Product Liability Lawyers Today
- 10 Client Testimonials
- 11 Our Top-Rated Lawyers Demand Full and Fair Compensation
- 12 About the Law Firm
- 13 About the Location
Defective and dangerous consumer products have injured millions of people throughout New York and the United States. Companies that manufacture and sell such products in the United States have a significant safety obligation to consumers because distributing a product that is dangerous or defective is a breach of the public’s trust.
Any company that fails to uphold its safety obligation to the public and, in turn, causes harm to consumers should be held accountable — it’s that simple. For more than two decades, our dedicated NY product liability attorneys have helped victims and their families get justice for the harm they have experienced. Our clients trust our compassionate and experienced New York City legal team to:
- Evaluate your case at no charge and explain all the options for moving forward
- Investigate the cause of your injury and identify all potential compensation sources
- Thoroughly research to determine whether others have been harmed by the same dangerous or defective product
- Document the damages suffered so far ─ and anticipated in the future ─ as a result of this injury
- Aggressively pursue fair and full financial compensation for you and your loved ones
If you would like to speak with an experienced Belluck & Fox product injury lawyer, please call our law firm at (212) 681-1575 or contact us through our website today. We’re available whenever victims need help, including after office hours and on weekends, and we respect your privacy. Everything you tell us will remain completely confidential.
Why Choose Belluck & Fox?
- Highly recommended New York City product liability lawyers with more than two decades of litigation experience
- Successful track record of recovering more than $1 billion for individuals and families harmed by defective or dangerous products
- Dedicated to the aggressive pursuit of the best outcome for our deserving clients
- Top rated law firm with the manpower and resources to go up against large corporations
Know Your Rights as a Consumer
There are many scenarios in which a person can be harmed by a dangerous or defective product, so each case we handle is unique.
First, you should know that you do not have to be the original owner of a product or device in order to bring a product liability claim. In addition, you don’t have to be the one who bought the dangerous product.
Product liability claims can involve:
- Patients who were harmed by dangerous medications that were administered to them
- Children who were hurt by unsafe toys or dangerous products
- People who were injured after renting or borrowing defective equipment or tools
- Passengers who wereinjured in an auto accident caused by a defective part
No matter the circumstances surrounding your injury, if you have been hurt by a defective or dangerous product, you need to talk to an NYC product liability attorney as soon as possible. At Belluck & Fox, our legal team will go over the details of your case and explain your legal options for pursuing financial compensation.
Compensation for Victims of Dangerous Products
We understand that after a serious accident, there’s often no amount of money that can make you whole again. However, our dedicated personal injury attorneys in NYC will fight tirelessly for the compensation you need to ensure you receive top-quality medical treatment and do not face financial hardships down the line related to your injury.
Depending on the details of your case, our lawyers may demand payment for:
- Past and future medical expenses related to your injury
- Lost income and reduced earning capacity in the future
- Pain and suffering as a result of your injury
- Punitive damages, in cases where the at-fault party demonstrated extreme misconduct
Schedule a free consultation today with an experienced NYC product liability lawyer to learn about your right to recover compensation.
Examples of Dangerous Consumer Products
Many of the products sold in the U.S. are regulated by government agencies such as the Food and Drug Administration, the Consumer Product Safety Commission and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. These agencies have implemented various checks and balances to review product safety before products go to market, as well as after. Unfortunately, harmful products do slip through ─ often because the companies making the products conceal information and data from these government agencies.
A few of the most common types of products involved in product liability claims and product recalls include:
Tools and Electrical Equipment
Even when a worker is adhering to the recommended safety precautions, he or she can be severely injured by faulty equipment or unforeseen dangers. Even the most skilled workers are not immune to injuries caused by defective power tools or equipment.
Not every car accident is caused by a negligent driver. For example, throughout New York, about 10,000 accidents were attributed to vehicular problems such as steering failures and defective brakes in 2014, according to the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles. Even people who bought cars used rather than new have a right to pursue compensation from the manufacturer if they are injured because of defective automotive parts or systems.
Dangerous Drugs and Defective Medical Devices
Drug companies are highly competitive and driven by profit. They sometimes rush a medicine or medical device to market before it has been adequately tested. This practice can lead to serious safety risks to consumers. If a dangerous drug or defective medical device has caused catastrophic harm to you or a family member, you have a right to hold the drug company accountable.
Industrial Chemicals and Building Materials
Sometimes common building materials and chemicals can cause serious health risks to those who are exposed to them. For example, asbestos materials were used for decades in household and industrial products. These materials have been shown to cause mesothelioma, lung cancer and other serious illnesses. Also, the chemical benzene —used in glues, gasoline, paints, degreasers, cleaners, detergents and other products — is a carcinogen that can cause leukemia.
Toys and Children’s Products
The Consumer Product Safety Commission keeps a running tally of the many children’s products that are recalled each year. Sadly, hundreds of thousands of toy-related injuries are reported every year.
If you or a family member has been harmed by a dangerous product or defective device, you can count on the NYC product liability lawyers at Belluck & Fox to aggressively fight for the compensation you deserve. Our trusted attorneys will investigate exactly what happened and build a strong case against the at-fault party.
Who Can Be Held Responsible in a Product Liability Lawsuit?
When you have suffered a serious injury due to a dangerous consumer product, you have a right to hold every party involved in bringing that product to market accountable. This may include:
- The product’s manufacturer
- The designer of the product
- The company that supplied a defective part
- The company that distributed the product
- The retailer that sold the dangerous product
Types of Product Liability Cases
Product liability claims can stem from different types of wrongdoing on the part of the at-fault party. The New York City Bar explains three kinds of product liability cases involving:
In these cases, the manufacturer did not take necessary precautions to make sure the product was safe, or it failed to warn about dangers caused by the product. This negligence led to the plaintiff’s injury.
Breach of Warranty
In these cases, a warranty was either specifically expressed or implied, indicating that a product was fit to use for a specific purpose. When the product fails to live up to that warranty, leaving a person injured as a result, the victim can pursue compensation from the company(s) responsible for making the dangerous product.
These cases center on the product itself and proving how it was dangerous, rather than showing that the parties involved knew of the danger.
At Belluck & Fox, our top-rated NYC product liability lawyers have years of experience successfully handling complex personal injury and wrongful death claims. Our law firm takes on cases throughout New York and across the United States, with a commitment to holding large companies accountable for the harm they have caused to everyday individuals and families.
Statute of Limitations on Product Liability Claims in New York
If you or a member of your family has suffered a life-changing injury due to a dangerous or defective product, you need to act quickly to protect your right to compensation. The State of New York limits the amount of time you have to file a product liability injury claim to three years from the date of the injury. If you have lost a loved one due to a dangerous or defective product, you have two years from the date of death to file a claim.
However, your NYC product li