New York Pharmaceutical Lawyers
At Belluck & Fox, LLP, our New York defective pharmaceutical product lawyers have successfully argued many of these complicated cases in court and have won impressive drug injury settlements involving a variety of pharmaceutical products. Both Jordan Fox and Joseph Belluck have been professionally recognized for their work in product liability litigation, including cases involving dangerous drugs and defective medical devices. In addition, Jordan Fox has served on the Product Liability Committee of the New York City Bar Association.
Our firm has the in-depth knowledge and extensive experience necessary to pursue maximum compensation for our injured clients. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation. We will discuss your rights and the details of your pharmaceutical product liability case and review all of your legal options for seeking the justice you deserve.
How We Have Helped Clients with Pharmaceutical Product Liability Claims
Table of Contents
- 1 How We Have Helped Clients with Pharmaceutical Product Liability Claims
- 2 Dangerous Drugs Litigation
- 3 Medical Devices and Product Related Litigations:
- 4 Types of Pharmaceutical Product Liability Claims
- 5 Whether to Join a Class-Action Pharmaceutical Product Liability Lawsuit
- 6 Contact Our New York Defective Pharmaceutical Lawyers Today
At Belluck & Fox, LLP, we have dedicated our practice to helping those who have been injured due to negligence. When it comes to protecting the public from dangerous and defective pharmaceutical products, our attorneys stop at nothing to help our clients. Cases we have handled include:
- Hormone Replacement Therapy: This type of medical treatment aims to help women who are going through menopause. It can come in the form of estrogen-only medicines, progestin-only medicines, combination estrogen and progestin medicines, and combination estrogen and other medicines. However, the FDA warns that it also has serious side effects such as increased chances of blood clots, heart attacks, strokes, breast cancer, and gall bladder disease. At Belluck & Fox, LLP, we have helped women who suffered from the serious side effects of Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) drugs.
- Osteoporosis medicine: Our attorneys have worked on cases involving victims who suffered injuries related to the drug Fosamax, which the FDA reports has been shown to cause esophagus problems, low calcium levels in blood (or hypocalcemia); bone, joint, or muscle pain; severe jaw bone problems; and unusual thigh bone fractures.
- Dietary supplements: When the FDA warned about the dangers of Hydroxycut, our pharmaceutical product liability lawyers were there to help clients who had been injured by the weight loss products, which faced extensive recalls after reports of serious side effects came to light. The FDA warned that side effects included jaundice, elevated liver enzymes, liver damage requiring a transplant, and even death.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs): Our attorneys worked diligently for patients who suffered serious side effects from Celebrex, an anti-inflammatory drug whose manufacturer, Pfizer, settled a suit in 2012 for millions of dollars after being accused of misrepresenting clinical trial results. The FDA has continued to add to and strengthen warnings about the serious side effects of Celebrex and other NSAIDs.
- Painkillers: Our dedicated lawyers helped clients who were harmed by the painkiller Vioxx, whose manufacturer — Merck, Sharp & Dohme — was eventually sentenced to pay a criminal fine of more than $321 million in connection with its promotion and marketing of the painkiller, according to the FDA. This criminal payment was in addition to a civil settlement of more than $628 million to resolve allegations of off-label marketing.
- Defective hip implants: Hip replacement surgeries that used the DePuy ASR™ XL Acetabular Hip System and DePuy ASR™ Hip Resurfacing System may have a higher rate of failure and cause significant complications for patients. Our defective medical device lawyers represent patients who have suffered serious complications from hip implants.
- Birth control: The birth control medication Yaz made headlines when the FDA ruled the manufacturer had been minimizing risks and exaggerating benefits in TV commercials. Our attorneys were there to help women who had suffered complications from taking Yaz.
If you are coping with unexpected side effects or serious complications related to a dangerous drug or defective medical device, contact our dedicated New York lawyers for personal injuries to discuss how we may be able to help you.
Dangerous Drugs Litigation
- Infuse Bone Graft
- Naturalyte and Granuflo
- Prilosec, Nexium, Prevacid
- Yasmin, Yaz or Ocella
- Bair Hugger Warming Blanket
- Da Vinci Surgical Robot
- Failed Knee Replacements
- Hip Implants
- Depuy Hip Implant
- Profemur Hip Implants
- Riata Defibrillator Recall
- Transvaginal Mesh (TVM)
Types of Pharmaceutical Product Liability Claims
At Belluck & Fox, LLP, we have stood strong for patients’ rights in a variety of pharmaceutical product liability lawsuits, so we have extensive knowledge of the ways manufacturers, distributors, pharmacies or other third parties can be held responsible for the injuries caused by dangerous drugs and defective devices. This includes:
- Defectively manufactured drugs and medical devices: Pharmaceutical products can be compromised in the manufacturing process, en route to stores and medical facilities, or even at a pharmacy. Defects in products and tainting of drugs can occur anywhere in the chain of distribution, and any party in that chain may be held responsible for the defective pharmaceutical product.
- Drugs with dangerous side effects: You may be shocked at the long list of side effects and warnings in the prescription drug advertisements on TV and the over-the-counter medication boxes on store shelves. However, as serious as some of these listed side effects are, additional side effects can emerge after a drug has gone to market, and they can cause serious injuries for unsuspecting consumers. Particularly if the manufacturer knew of these side effects and refused to reveal them, victims can be unduly subjected to extreme and possibly life-threatening injuries.
- Drugs that were improperly marketed: When a manufacturer, pharmacist, doctor or other health care provider gives inaccurate information about a drug, patients can suffer. Injuries may be caused when a professional who should understand the drug and its intended use gives patients wrong instructions or does not go over all the potential side effects a patient may experience.
Depending on the circumstances leading to your injury, your case for compensation may include all of these claims. You can count on the New York defective pharmaceutical product lawyers at Belluck & Fox, LLP to identify all responsible parties and pursue maximum compensation for the suffering you have been through.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation about your case.
Whether to Join a Class-Action Pharmaceutical Product Liability Lawsuit
When you see reports about dangerous pharmaceutical drugs or defective pharmaceutical products on the news, there’s often talk of a class-action lawsuit. You may even have been alerted that you are eligible to join a class-action pharmaceutical product lawsuit. It is extremely important that you consult with a knowledgeable product liability lawyer before committing to a class-action suit.
At Belluck & Fox, LLP, our experienced attorneys will guide you through all your options, including:
- Deciding whether you should file your claim in state or federal court.
- Considering pursuing an individual claim.
- Consolidating your individual claim in multi-county litigation (MCL).
- Consolidating your individual claim in multi-district litigation (MDL).
- Participating in a large class-action lawsuit.
Pharmaceutical product manufacturers have deep pockets and expensive legal teams to fight these types of battles, but at Belluck & Fox, LLP, we have the resources and the experience to make sure our clients’ rights are fiercely protected. We will also help connect clients with others who have suffered similar injuries from the same dangerous pharmaceutical product to put pressure on the manufacturers to take responsibility.
No matter what path your case takes, you can count on our New York defective pharmaceutical product lawyers to always be looking out for your best interests. We treat every client with the individual attention and compassion that you deserve, and we will always fight for full and fair compensation for you.
Contact Our New York Defective Pharmaceutical Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries related to a defective pharmaceutical product, you have a limited amount of time to file a claim. Contact the dedicated New York injury lawyers at Belluck & Fox, LLP to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case. Our highly skilled attorneys will provide you with fast, personalized and professional legal representation.
Get started on your case now by calling or filling out our online contact form.