Your life has changed.
Debt is piling up because you can’t work.
You’re in pain, physically and emotionally, and can’t afford top-notch medical care.
The insurance company is treating you like you’ve done something wrong and is refusing to step up financially.
You’re feeling helpless and are overwhelmed by the questions that must be answered before you can decide how to move forward.
You need help.
Top Reasons To Trust Belluck & Fox As Your Personal Injury Law Firm
Table of Contents
- 1 Top Reasons To Trust Belluck & Fox As Your Personal Injury Law Firm
- 2 Belluck & Fox Personal Injury Lawyers in New York
- 3 Practice Areas Our NY Personal Injury Attorney Can Help With:
- 4 Types of Catastrophic Injuries in Personal Injury Cases
- 5 Frequently Asked Personal Injury Questions
- 5.1 How do you prove fault?
- 5.2 What types of compensation can a personal injury lawyer get for you?
- 5.3 Should I accept a personal injury settlement offer from the insurance company?
- 5.4 Will I have to go to court for my personal injury lawsuit?
- 5.5 How long does a case take?
- 5.6 How much does it cost to hire a personal injury lawyer?
- 5.7 How long do I have to file a claim in New York state?
- 6 TRUST MUST BE EARNED
- Top-rated NYC personal injury lawyers with over 20 years of experience
- Excellent track record of success, recovering more than $1 billion for clients, including million dollar settlements
- Nationally recognized attorneys for high-quality representation and compassionate customer service
- Top-reviewed and top-ranked law firm, highly recommended by former clients and fellow legal professionals
- Trusted legal advice that is always focused on your best interests
- Committed to maintaining good communication throughout the claims process
- No fee unless we recover money for your injuries
- Available to meet with clients in our law offices, at home or in emergency rooms across New York
- Authorized to handle a wide range of personal injury claims
File Your Personal Injury Claim ASAP
If you have suffered a serious injury, it is important that you take immediate action. New York law imposes strict deadlines on personal injury actions and if you fail to act, you may be barred from ever pursuing your case.
In certain cases, the law requires that you give “notice” of your claim within a specific period, you will be barred.
Becoming sick or getting hurt because of another’s negligence or maliciousness does more than create physical and emotional trauma.
A lawsuit can be an integral part of recovering your health.
Belluck & Fox Personal Injury Lawyers in New York
The Belluck & Fox law firm was founded with the intent of helping New Yorkers and people in other areas.
Our New York City personal injury attorney does that by getting excellent legal results for clients and treating them with compassion and respect through the process. Your injury attorney will always be available to speak with you about any issue, even on weekends and after office hours.
Too often, it feels as though the law only benefits the powerful.
Belluck & Fox uses the law to protect everyday New Yorkers.
We’ve been recognized as some of America’s top trial lawyers by Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers, and Martindale-Hubbell.
More importantly, we’ve been recognized by former clients for the service of helping them through a difficult period.
It costs nothing to discuss your case with an attorney.
To get started, call our law firm at (212) 681-1575 or send us a message.
Practice Areas Our NY Personal Injury Attorney Can Help With:
- Auto Accidents
- Car Crashes
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Children Injured At School
- Construction Accidents
- Dangerous Pharmaceuticals
- Defective Products
- Dog Bite
- Motorcycle Wrecks
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Slip And Fall Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Tractor Trailer Wrecks
- Workplace Accidents
- Workers Compensation
- Wrongful Death
Injuries can occur at work, like construction accidents, be caused by a motor vehicle accident or premises liability, or result from bad products or drugs, medical error and hazardous substances.
The causes of serious harm are wide-ranging, as are the injuries themselves, which include the following:
Types of Catastrophic Injuries in Personal Injury Cases
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): TBI can have lifelong debilitating effects, leaving you in an unresponsive state or dramatically impacting employment, family, and all social aspects of life.
- Spinal cord injury (paralysis): Complete spinal cord damage can leave you a paraplegic (paralysis in the lower portion of the body) or quadriplegic (paralyzed from the neck down).
- Amputations: Limbs can be amputated in an accident or crushed so severely that they must be medically amputated after vehicle accidents.
- Severe burns and scarring: Severe burns can be devastating and lead to scarring and disfigurement, infection, numerous surgeries, infection, loss of mobility and even loss of a limb.
- Dog attacks and mauling: Approximately 4.5 million people are bitten every year – most of them children – and 27,000 undergo reconstructive surgery in my areas as a result.
- Fractures: Multiple broken bones from injuries can lead to serious and life-threatening complications such as vascular damage, disruption to the femoral artery, pneumonia, respiratory problems, and infection.
- Internal organs: Damage age to internal organs can result from medical malpractice, construction accident, car accidents, falls, and many other injuries.
- Medical Malpractice: Medical malpractice errors are a leading cause of injury and death in the U.S. Malpractice mistakes by physicians and others contribute to as many as 400,000 malpractice patient deaths and millions of injuries each year.
- Birth injuries: Medical errors during labor and delivery can cause serious and permanent injuries to the infant such as cerebral palsy and brachial plexus.
Contact the Belluck & Fox Firm for Free
If you have been seriously injured due to someone else’s negligence, don’t wait to get the legal help you need. Contact Belluck & Fox New York personal injury lawyers today.
An initial consultation with us is always free, and we do not charge attorneys’ fees unless and until we win. Call or fill out our online form to speak about representation.
Frequently Asked Personal Injury Questions
How do you prove fault?
In order to secure compensation you must prove:
- There was negligence. (This could be on the part of a person or a company.)
- The negligence led to your suffering.
- You were physical, emotionally, or financially damaged.
Proving fault and documenting damages in an injury case is a complex process. At Belluck & Fox, our experienced personal injury attorneys have built a team of experts – construction accident, medical specialists, economists, accident reconstruction pros, and investigators – to consult on your case.
Armed with evidence, the injury attorney at our personal injury law firm will devise a smart legal strategy to pursue the compensation needed to get your life back on track after a serious accident.
What types of compensation can a personal injury lawyer get for you?
Depending on the circumstances in your case, our Manhattan personal injury law firm may demand compensation for:
- Existing and expected medical expenses
- Lost income, including diminished earning capacity
- Property damage, such as to your vehicle
- Pain and suffering resulting from injuries
- Punitive damages, which are meant to punish the at-fault party in cases involving extreme misconduct
To learn more about how much your claim could be worth, schedule a free consultation with us today.
Should I accept a personal injury settlement offer from the insurance company?
Do not accept a settlement offer without speaking to Belluck & Fox. Insurance companies always want to pay out as little as possible. In fact, they have teams of claims handlers and injury lawyers working for them to protect their profits.
The insurance company will try to pay you as little as possible. Accepting a settlement offer without consulting an injury lawyer is not a good idea. Especially right after an accident, you may not fully know the extent of the damages you will suffer or all the facts involved in your case.
Take advantage of our free initial consultation to learn what your personal injury case is really worth and how our skilled injury lawyer will fight for maximum compensation.
Will I have to go to court for my personal injury lawsuit?
Most cases are resolved with a settlement, rather than a jury verdict. However, that settlement might come at the last possible minute, including in the middle of a trial.
At Belluck & Fox, our experienced accident injury law firm consists of both skilled negotiators and fierce litigators.
And we always pursue maximum compensation for accident victims, whether that comes in the form of a settlement or jury award.
How long does a case take?
There’s no simple answer to that question because every case is different. When you sit down for a free, no-obligation case consultation with our attorneys, we will review the details of your claim and map out a legal strategy tailored to your needs.
How much does it cost to hire a personal injury lawyer?
At Belluck & Fox, we will take your case on a contingency fee basis. That means you do not pay anything upfront for us to start working on your claim, and we only collect legal fees if we recover compensation for you. A contingency fee is a percentage of your compensation and is typically one-third of your recovery.
How long do I have to file a claim in New York state?
It’s important to take legal action as soon as you are injured because New York puts a statute of limitations, or time limit, on filing personal injury claims.
You may only have 90 days to file your claim. Standard time limits are:
- Three years to file a slip-and-fall claim
- Three years to file for vehicle accidents
- Three years to file a product liability claim
- Three years to file a claim for personal injury resulting from other negligence
- Two years to file a claim for wrongful death
- One year to file a claim for assault/battery
Based on the statute of limitations, it may seem like you have plenty of time to file your claim, but remember: It takes time to build a strong case, and evidence disappears as time goes by. So the longer you wait to contact an attorney, the more difficult your case becomes.
And in some cases, you may have as little as 90 days to file your claim. There are also many shorter deadlines that need to be met when filing claims through insurance companies, and failing to meet those deadlines can hurt your case.
Suffering an unexpected injury or illness can be a major setback.
When your health suffers, the energy that was previously put towards career, family and personal goals is now goes towards managing symptoms and recovering.
Your choice of treatment providers has a major impact on how quickly and completely you bounce back.
But if your injury was caused by somebody else, your choice of NYC Personal Injury Lawyers is as important as the doctors you see for treatment.
It’s not possible to put a dollar amount on a person’s wellbeing, but it can go a long way towards ensuring that you are properly cared for and that justice is served.
Serious injuries deserve serious legal representation.
The nationally-recognized personal injury attorneys at Belluck & Fox are here to help you. We have locations at New York City, the Capital District, Woodstock, and Rochester. Contact us today to speak with our award-winning NYC injury lawyers.
If you’ve been injured because of negligence or diagnosed with an asbestos disease, we can care for you.
TRUST MUST BE EARNED
Belluck & Fox LLP
52 Laura Lane
Woodstock, NY 12498