TOP RATED MESOTHELIOMA LAWYER NEW YORK CITY
If you or a family member has suffered an unexpected injury or illness due to someone else’s negligence, you understand how quickly your whole life can change. Doctor’s appointments, rehabilitative therapy and financial hardships can consume you. The road to recovery can seem impossible at times.
At Belluck & Fox, we want you to know that you are not alone in this fight. Our nationally recommended lawyers for mesothelioma are:
- Aggressive litigators who have recovered more than $1 billion for deserving clients
- Strategic negotiators who put in the extensive legal legwork necessary to argue for full and fair compensation from a position of strength
- Compassionate people who treat clients with the respect and sensitivity they need during what is often the most difficult time in their lives
When you are at your weakest, it is important to have a strong team fighting for you.
Please contact the award-winning New York mesothelioma lawyers at Belluck & Fox now to set up a free case consultation. Reach us by phone at (212) 681-1575, email us or complete our online form to learn more about how we can help you.
Why Put Your Trust in Our New York Mesothelioma Law Firm?
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Put Your Trust in Our New York Mesothelioma Law Firm?
- 2 What to Expect from a Trusted Mesothelioma Attorney
- 3 The Importance of Choosing a Top-Ranked Mesothelioma Trial Attorney
- 4 Our Highly Recommended Asbestos Law Firm Demands Maximum Compensation
- 5 Top-Reviewed New York Asbestos Attorneys Focused on Client Satisfaction
- 6 Asbestos Exposure and Mesothelioma In New York
- 7 New York Mesothelioma Statute of Limitations
- 8 Driving Directions to Our NYC Asbestos Law Firm
- 9 Community Involvement
- 10 NYC Legal Resources
- Top-rated NYC mesothelioma lawyers with decades of experience
- Nationally recognized asbestos attorneys for high-quality representation and compassionate customer service
- Excellent track record of success, recovering more than $1 billion for clients
- Top-reviewed lawyer and top-ranked mesothelioma law firm, highly recommended lawyer by former clients and fellow legal professionals
- Trustworthy and available to meet with clients at home or in emergency rooms across New York
- Committed to maintaining good communication throughout the claims process
- Reasonable rates and no fee unless we recover money for your diagnosis
- Authorized to handle a wide range of asbestos claims
- Trusted meso lawyers always focused on your best interests
What to Expect from a Trusted Mesothelioma Attorney
At Belluck & Fox, our compassionate meso attorneys are dedicated to providing excellent customer service and outstanding results. When you contact us to talk about your case, you can trust that:
- A knowledgeable asbestos attorney will personally meet with you to answer your questions and explain all your options. Our lawyer can meet with you in your home or go to a medical facility, wherever is most convenient for you.
- A caring mesothelioma lawyer will take the time to get to know you and understand the challenges you are facing due to your injury or illness. We believe that our genuine compassion for clients and their families is one of the qualities that sets us apart.
- Our firm will lead an independent investigation into your case to determine every potentially liable party and document all the damages you have suffered, as well as expected future losses related to your injury. Our goal is to obtain maximum compensation for you and your family.
At Belluck & Fox, we believe that mesothelioma victims and their families should not have to worry about whether they can afford high-quality legal representation. Our law firm has the resources to investigate and develop your case with no upfront payments from you. In fact, you pay us nothing unless we recover compensation for you.
Contact us now to set up a free case review to receive the professional legal advice you need.
The Importance of Choosing a Top-Ranked Mesothelioma Trial Attorney
If you’ve been seriously injured, it is crucial that you choose an attorney with extensive litigation experience. Although most personal injury cases do end in a settlement, the fact is that the best settlements are a result of thorough trial preparation, with the defendant facing the looming threat of a courtroom battle.
Unfortunately, there are asbestos law firms in New York City that operate on a model of taking in a high volume of cases and cranking out fast and easy settlements. At Belluck & Fox, we focus on quality over quantity. We are selective in the cases we take because we put an immense amount of time and resources into preparing them for trial. Our top-rated trial lawyers fight fiercely for the best possible outcome, and we are proud to have obtained multi-million dollar verdicts for our deserving clients.
Our Highly Recommended Asbestos Law Firm Demands Maximum Compensation
We understand that there is no amount of money that can reverse the damage that has been done to your health and your emotional outlook after a serious accident. However, pursuing compensation through a mesothelioma lawsuit can ease the financial burdens you and your family are facing, allowing you to afford the best possible care during the recovery process.
That’s why our respected asbestos lawyers in New York City will fight aggressively for compensation for:
- Current, past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity in the future
- Pain and suffering related to your injuries or illness
- Punitive damages, which are awarded in extreme cases to punish the negligent party
From the very beginning, our dedicated NYC trial attorneys will manage every aspect of your claim, taking the burden off you and allowing you to focus on your health and your family.
Top-Reviewed New York Asbestos Attorneys Focused on Client Satisfaction
We are proud that our former clients have consistently recommended us for the outstanding service and excellent results we have secured for them during extremely difficult times:
“I know it was a lot, but I don’t think I’ll ever fully understand the amount of time, effort, expertise, etc. that went into finishing this job. When I was given the opportunity to find legal help, it was a true relief to hear that you would take the case. … Thank you for keeping me involved only when I needed to be – this helped keep my anxiety and stress at bay, so I could focus on taking care of my girls and myself. I am forever grateful to you all for every single moment of time you put into helping us.” – Amy
“The firm gave me guidance and support while I was going through something I did not want to go through ─ allowing us to go on with our lives.” – former client
“I would like to say that everyone at Belluck & Fox is absolutely wonderful and that the culture of your company must come from the top. Our family appreciates all that you have done for us.” – former client
If you are in New York in search of a mesothelioma attorney give us a call, start a live chat or speak with a lawyer at our New York City office on
Asbestos Exposure and Mesothelioma In New York
Throughout New York State work sites, asbestos was used for decades in products including automotive brakes, textiles, building materials, fireproofing materials, pumps, valves and boilers. It also was used to insulate sewage treatment plants and many public establishments such as schools, housing units, offices, churches, bars and restaurants.
Although their exposure to asbestos may have been decades ago, New Yorkers still are being diagnosed with mesothelioma, lung cancer, asbestosis and other serious asbestos-related diseases.
Mesothelioma is an aggressive and incurable cancer only caused by asbestos exposure. It is known to develop 15 to 60 years after exposure according to the department of health. If you or a loved one has been experiencing symptoms and were diagnosed with mesothelioma, you likely breathed in or handled asbestos fibers years ago at your workplace, during your time in the military or in your home.
The tragedy is that asbestos companies never warned New Yorkers that the fibers they worked with or were exposed to could one day sicken and kill them and their relatives.
Asbestos Job Sites & Manufacturers
- A & I Corporation
- A&P Co.
- A.P. Green Industries
- ABB Lummus Global Inc.
- A-Best Products Company
- AC&S Inc.
- Advance Auto Parts Inc.
- Albany Felt Company
- Albany Steam Station
- Albright-Knox Art Gallery
- Alco Schenectady
- Alcoa Massena
- Alfa Laval Inc.
- Alfred University
- Allied Chemical
- Allied Signal
- Amatex Corporation
- American Biltrite Inc.
- American Brass in Buffalo
- American Cyanamid
- American Laundry in Rochester
- American Olean Tile Company
- American Optical
- American Standard American Radiator Company
- Amherst Central High School
- Anchor Packing Company
- API Inc.
- Armstrong International
- Armstrong World Industries
- Ashland Oil in Tonawanda
- Auburn Plastics
- Babcock & Wilcox
- BASF in Rensselaer
- Bath Iron Works
- Bausch Lomb
- Beech Nut
- Bennett High School
- Bestobell Steam
- Bethlehem Steel
- Blue Circle Cement
- Boise Cascade Corporation
- Bondex International
- Borg Warner
- Boston Navy Yard
- Bristol Myers
- Buffalo Electric in Buffalo
- Buffalo Forge
- Burns and Roe
- Burrows Paper Corporation
- C.E. Thurston & Sons
- Carborundum Company
- Carrier Corporation
- Chase Tower (The Metropolitan)
- Chevrolet Buffalo Tarrytown
- Chicago Pneumatic
- Clarkson University
- Consolidated Edison Company
- Cornell University
- Corning Glass Works
- Crane Co.
- Crucible Steel
- DeGraff Memorial Hospital
- Domino Sugar
- Donner Hanna Coke Corporation
- Dresser Rand Painted Post
- Dunkirk Radiator Corporation
- Eastman Kodak
- Empire State Plaza
- Endicott Johnson Plant
- Erie County Medical Center
- Fairchild Republic Co.
- Federal Reserve Building in Buffalo
- Ferro Corp. in Buffalo, N.Y.
- Finch Pruyn Paper Mill
- Ford Stamping Plant in Buffalo
- Foster Wheeler
- Garlock Sealing Technologies
- GE Schenectady
- General Dynamics Electric Boat
- General Foods in Tarrytown
- General Mills
- General Motors in Salina
- Genesee Brewing Company in Rochester, NY
- Georgia-Pacific Paper Mill
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company in Niagara Falls
- Goulds Pump Plant
- GTE Sylvania
- Hercules / Ciba Geigy Plant Glens Falls
- Hobart and William Smith Colleges
- Hooker Chemical in Niagara Falls
- IBM Endicott
- Ingersoll Rand
- International Paper
- International Paper Corinth Mill
- Ironworkers Local 6-Buffalo
- James A. Fitzpatrick Nuclear Plant
- Jennison Generating Station
- Kimberly-Clark in Niagara Falls
- Knolls Atomic Power Laboratory
- Kraft Foods in Lowville
- Mobil Oil Refinery
- Nassau Smelting and Refinery Co.
- New Process Gear/New Venture Gear
- Northern Steel Corporation
- Occidental Chemical Corporation
- Olin Mathieson Chemical Corporation
- Owens Corning Delmar Plant
- Owens-Illinois Glass Co.
- Pfaudler Inc
- Pilgrim State Hospital
- Plattsburgh Air Force Base
- R.E. Ginna Nuclear Power Plant
- Remington Arms
- Republic Steel
- Revere Copper Rome
- Reynolds Massena
- Rochester, NY Products Division of General Motors
- Schenectady Chemical
- Sealtest Ice Cream
- Seneca Army Depot
- Smith Corona Typewriters
- Stone & Webster
- Syracuse University
- Union Carbide
- Watervliet Arsenal
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with an asbestos-related illness, trust the top-rated lawyers at Belluck & Fox to help you pursue financial compensation from the responsible companies and manufacturers.
Occupational Asbestos Exposure
Throughout the state, there are countless occupations at risk of asbestos exposure:
- Powerhouse workers
- Factory workers
- Construction workers
- Maintenance workers
- Navy veterans
- Shipyard workers
- Merchant seamen
- Asbestos Abatement
- World Trade Center
The New York law firm of Belluck & Fox has extensive records about the occupations and companies that may have put you at risk. Our experienced New York mesothelioma attorneys can help you determine how, where and when you were exposed.
New York Mesothelioma Statute of Limitations
Each state has laws that limit the amount of time an individual has to file a lawsuit in various matters. This is called a statute of limitations. Failure to comply with these rules may result in you being prevented from taking legal action against these companies.
The law states that you must file a claim within 3 years from the date of diagnosis or – if you have lost a loved one to an asbestos-related disease – 2 years from the date of death. In some cases, the time limit may be as short as 90 days.
Based on this statute of limitations, you might think you have plenty of time to file your claim, but remember: It takes time to build a strong case. The longer you wait to contact a knowledgeable lawyer, the more difficult your case becomes.
Driving Directions to Our NYC Asbestos Law Firm
New York City is the most populated city in the U.S. and one of the most iconic destinations in the world. The main law office of Belluck & Fox is located in Midtown Manhattan, near such famous landmarks as the Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, St. Patrick’s Cathedral and the Waldorf Astoria.
From this office at 546 Fifth Ave., Fourth Floor, our experienced serve clients throughout Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island and surrounding areas. With additional law offices in Rochester, the Capital District and Woodstock, our firm also handles complex personal injury cases from across the state. In addition, our respected mesothelioma attorneys take on cases from across the U.S.
Our Manhattan law office is easily accessible via the B, D, F or M train to 42nd Street/Bryant Park, connecting to the 5th Avenue stop for the 7 train. You can also reach us via these MTA bus lines:
- M1 (Harlem to the East Village)
- M2 (Washington Heights to the East Village)
- M3 (Fort George to the East Village)
- M4 (Penn Station to The Cloisters)
- M5 (the George Washington Bridge to South Ferry)
- Q32 (Jackson Heights to Penn Station)
If you are too injured, ill or busy to travel to our office, we will send an experienced lawyer to meet with you wherever it is convenient. Our goal is to take the burden off you.
Belluck & Fox partner Joe Belluck has set the tone for a firm-wide culture of giving back. In 2001, he volunteered for six months at Trial Lawyers Care, a legal organization dedicated to helping survivors and families after the Sept. 11 attacks. He also serves on the New York State Commission on Judicial Conduct and was elected Chair of the Commission in 2017.
In 2010, he was appointed as trustee at the State University of New York, and a professorship at SUNY Buffalo Law School is named for Joe and his wife: the Joseph W. Belluck and Laura L. Aswad Professor of Civil Justice.
In 2017, Joe joined the advisory committee for the New York State Rockefeller Institute Center for Law and Policy Solutions. He also is an active member of the state’s Medicaid Redesign Team.
In addition, Joe serves on the boards of Children’s Rights, a national advocacy group; the Woodstock Byrdcliffe Guild, an artist colony; Precious Dreams, a national organization supporting foster and homeless youth; and CMind, an organization that promotes the benefits of meditation on college campuses.
NYC Legal Resources
Most of the people we work with have never needed a lawyer before and are not familiar with how the court system works. We will explain exactly what to expect as your case progresses.
If you are in the New York area and have questions contact our mesothelioma lawyer group today!
If you want to know where your local courthouse is, you can search for it on the New York Unified Court System website. The main courthouse in New York City is at Foley Square:
New York County Courthouse
60 Centre St.
New York NY 10007
Phone: (646) 386-3600
Depending on the circumstances of your personal injury case, you may need to go to the U.S. District Court vs. a state courthouse. New York City is in the Southern District of New York, which also includes Dutchess, Bronx, New York, Putnam, Orange, Rockland, Sullivan and Westchester counties. The Manhattan courthouse is located at:
Daniel Patrick Moynihan U.S. Courthouse
500 Pearl St.
New York NY 10007-1312
Phone: (212) 805-0136