Long Island, NYC, and New York State Work Injury Attorneys for Workplace Accidents
Whether you spend your days in a New York-based office or on a construction site, statistics show the threat of a workplace injury is one that could change your life forever. Serious workplace injuries due to improper construction or office place safety protections and defective equipment are a tragic reality for workers of all occupations. These workplace accident injuries often leave people unable to support themselves and their families without a living wage, and the long-term effects can be devastating.
The New York attorneys and legal staff at Belluck & Fox, LLP have extensive experience with workplace injuries compensation and representing those who have been injured in accidents on the job by negligence. Our New York workplace injury lawyers have successfully represented people with complex cases who have been seriously hurt in falls, injured by defective products or poorly maintained equipment, suffered severe injuries resulting in disability, and other types of workplace accidents affecting wages.
If you have been injured on the job or workplace and need to talk to a workplace accident lawyer in New York, contact Belluck & Fox, LLP today by filling out our online form or calling our law firm. We will review your workplace accident claim immediately, at no cost or fee to you, and go over all of your options for pursuing just compensation or lawsuit for your injuries.
Types of Serious Workplace Accidents and Injuries within New York
Table of Contents
- 1 Types of Serious Workplace Accidents and Injuries within New York
- 2 Who Is Most Often Injured in New York Workplace Injuries and Accidents?
- 3 Know Your Workplace Injury Rights in New York
- 4 Contact a New York Workplace Accident Lawyer Today
- 5 Call The Top Rated Personal Injury Attorneys at Belluck & Fox For Help With Your Work Injury Accident Claim
In many cases, workplace accidents and injuries are preventable for any employee. In New York state, NYC, and Long Island, workers have a right to feel safe at their jobs without risk of injuries, and they should be properly trained and equipped to perform their daily duties without risking a work-related injury.
According to an article in Business Insurance magazine, the most common types of serious workplace injuries or accident in New York and throughout the United States are:
- Workers who overexert themselves when they lift, push, pull, hold or carry more than their bodies can handle (i.e. back, knee, shoulder injuries, etc.)
- Employees who are injured in serious slip-and-falls, trip-and-falls, or falls to a lower level, such as when a construction worker or employee falls from unsafe scaffolding.
- Those who experience a “bodily reaction,” caused by bending, climbing, reaching, standing, sitting, slipping, or tripping (without falling) injury.
- Workers being struck by an object while on the job or working.
- Other common workplace accidents or injuries can be traced to accidents on the highway, workers getting hurt when they are “caught in/compressed by” something, repetitive motion and poor ergonomics, equipment failure while using transportation, and lack of the appropriate safety precautions.
No matter what type of workplace accident or injury you have suffered while on the job, you should always seek advice from an attorney or experienced workplace accident lawyer to identify your legal options for pursuing any compensation or lawsuit. In New York, people injured on the job are most often entitled to workers’ compensation benefits for their injury, which can involve detailed documentation, strict deadlines, and a statute of limitations. At Belluck & Fox, LLP, our New York workplace accident lawyers and legal team can help you with your work-related injury. Contact our attorneys and legal staff now to discuss your workplace accident case and find out what steps you need to take to start seeking the compensation you deserve for your workplace injury.
Who Is Most Often Injured in New York Workplace Injuries and Accidents?
If you have been seriously injured in a workplace accident in New York State, NYC, or Long Island, you are not alone in your personal injury case or lawsuit. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were 213,300 nonfatal workplace injury cases and accidents reported in New York in 2014. In addition, more than 200 people died in workplace accidents or a wrongful death claim that same year. Of course, some occupations, jobs, and companies had more reported injuries than others, for example:
- Health care and social assistance worker injuries: 40,000 New Yorkers reported being injured on the job while working for hospitals, nursing homes, home health care providers and other similar employers and companies in 2014.
- Retail trade employees related injuries: 21,200 people reported workplace accident injuries while working at grocery stores, department stores and other retail establishments.
- Leisure, entertainment, and hospitality worker related injuries: 18,500 people were hurt during a workplace accident on the job at places such as restaurants, bars, amusement parks, and other entertainment establishments.
- Manufacturing worker related injuries: 14,000 people reported injuries from working in manufacturing facilities such as those that produce food, machinery or chemicals.
- Professional and business services related injuries: 11,700 New Yorkers were injured during a workplace accident while working in jobs such as waste management, administrative services, security positions, building services, and other professional fields such as architecture and engineering.
- Construction worker related injuries: 9,800 people were injured while working in construction and experienced an accident. This includes electricians, plumbers, scaffold workers, foundation workers and many others who contribute to the building process.
The list of New York workplace injury statistics goes on and on, but the fact is that no workplace is immune to people getting injured or a workplace accident on the job. And a serious workplace injury can forever change a person’s life and the lives of his or her family members.
If you have been the victim of a serious workplace injury or accident, no matter what field you work in or company, contact the New York workplace accident lawyers and injury attorneys at Belluck & Fox, LLP today to discuss your legal options for your case. Our experienced legal staff and attorneys are dedicated to help and can manage all aspects of your lawsuit or claim while you focus on your recovery from a workplace accident.
Know Your Workplace Injury Rights in New York
The New York Occupational Safety & Health Administration specifically outlines your worker’s rights and how your employer must provide an environment “free of known health and safety hazards.” When you are injured on the job or experience a workplace accident in New York, you have a legal right to seek compensation. This can come through:
- Workers’ Compensation: As soon as you are injured on the job or have a work-related injury, you should seek medical treatment for the accident and report the injury to your employer to start the workers’ compensation claim process. You should also talk to an experienced New York workers’ compensation attorney about your case, as the claims process can be complicated and an attorney can help you prepare the proper documentation. Keep in mind that there are many deadlines to meet in a workers’ compensation case, including notifying your employer in writing within 30 days of the accident.
- New York Labor Law: Often referred to as the “Scaffold Law,” there are specific protections in the state of New York for construction workers who risk serious injury when proper safety precautions are not taken. If you have been injured on a construction site — whether it be due to a fall, being hit by an object or other serious accident — it is important that you speak with a work injury attorney who is well-versed in New York labor law to review all your options for compensation.
Wrongful Death: “No one should have to sacrifice their life for their livelihood, because a nation built on the dignity of work must provide safe working conditions for its people.” This statement from U.S. Labor Secretary Thomas E. Perez on the OSHA website sums up the tragedy of losing a loved one in a workplace accident. Under terrible circumstances such as these, surviving loved ones may be able to pursue justice and compensation through a wrongful death claim. The compassionate and dedicated workplace accident lawyers and legal staff at Belluck & Fox have experience in such cases and can explain your legal options as you struggle to cope with your loss.
Contact a New York Workplace Accident Lawyer Today
We understand the feelings of shock and anxiety that often plague injured workers as they try to figure out how to keep their lives on track after an accident. The physical pain of an injury can sometimes be eclipsed by the mental stress of coping with daily life when you are not able to go back to work immediately.
So if you have been injured or lost a loved one in a serious workplace accident, contact the experienced personal injury attorneys at Belluck & Fox, LLP today for a complimentary evaluation of your case. Our workplace accident lawyers take pride in fighting for the rights of injured workers in New City, and we will provide you with personalized and professional legal representation. Whether you are seeking justice on behalf of yourself or a loved one, our attorneys are ready to start investigating your claim and identifying legal options for compensation.
Call The Top Rated Personal Injury Attorneys at Belluck & Fox For Help With Your Work Injury Accident Claim
- Top-rated New York injury attorneys with more than 20 years of litigation experience
- High-quality legal representation in cases involving all types of work injuries
- Excellent track record of success, securing more than $1 billion for clients and their families
- Top-ranked injury law firm, consistently recommended by both satisfied clients and fellow legal professionals
- Focused on crafting solid legal strategies with the goal of achieving the best possible outcome for clients
- Strong relationships with popular and respected expert witnesses who can consult on complex work injury claims
- Devoted to maintaining good communication with clients throughout the recovery process to ensure they are always up to date on the progress of their claim
- Authorized to handle a wide range of workplace injury claims, including Scaffold Law claims and wrongful death cases
- Business Insurance: Top 5 workplace injury causes make up 72% of direct workers comp costs: Analysis
- New York State Workers’ Compensation Board: Understanding the Claims Process
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration: Know Your Rights
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: New York Occupational Injuries, Illnesses, and Fatalities