With large commercial trucks typically weighing 20 to 30 times more than standard passenger cars, crashes between them generally result in serious injuries, from broken bones to wrongful death cases. In these types of horrific motor vehicle accidents, the drivers and passengers in cars are at a much greater risk of injury. For example, of the 79 truck accident victim deaths in New York in 2014, only seven were truck drivers.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a serious crash, you need help from New York personal injury attorney and related cases at Belluck & Fox. They can help you fight for the compensation you need to get through this ordeal. Our aggressive attorneys have recovered more than $1 billion for our deserving clients. Our team has been recognized for our success by Best Lawyers, Martindale Hubbell, and Super Lawyers.
When you put your trust in our skilled legal team, you can count on our dedicated truck accident attorneys to:
- Quickly assess your case and craft a smart legal strategy designed to recover maximum compensation
- Identify every party that could be held accountable, from the truck driver to the truck’s owner to the company responsible for maintaining the vehicle
- Put together a team of medical experts, accident reconstruction specialists, and financial professionals to show what caused the accident and how your injuries are impacting your life
- Aggressively negotiate with insurance companies and prepare for a courtroom battle in case the at-fault parties will not agree to a full and fair settlement
- Treat you and your family with the compassion and personalized attention you deserve during this difficult time
Visit our locations near you or you can contact us today to schedule a free case consultation with one of our knowledgeable New York truck accident lawyers. Let us start fighting for the compensation you need today.
Table of Contents
- 1 New York Truck Accident Attorneys Prove Liability After A Truck Accident
- 2 Semi Truck Accident Lawyers Discuss Common Causes of Truck Accidents:
- 3 Common Types of Trucks Involved in Accident Injury Cases
- 4 Contact The NY Truck Accident Lawyers at Belluck & Fox for a Free Consultation
- 5 Call A Top Rated Truck Accident Attorney at Belluck & Fox For Help With Your Truck Accident Claim
New York Truck Accident Attorneys Prove Liability After A Truck Accident
Big rigs have complicated operating systems and are governed by an array of federal and state regulations. All this comes into play when determining liability in a truck accident. Depending on the circumstances of your case, our New York truck accident attorneys may pursue compensation from:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- Trucking company customers or vendors who had a role in unsafely loading the big rig
- Manufacturers and distributors responsible for defective parts on the vehicle or equipment that failed
- Corporations that hired the truck driver or trucking company
- Owners of the tractor or trailer that caused the crash
- The garage or mechanic who did not properly maintain the truck or failed to find a problem that caused the wreck
- Drivers of other vehicles, such as in a multiple-vehicle crash
Regardless of who or what caused the truck accident, the professionals on the Belluck & Fox team will identify every possible liable party and build a strong case for full and fair compensation for you.
Semi Truck Accident Lawyers Discuss Common Causes of Truck Accidents:
Every truck accident case is different ─ different drivers, different vehicles, different circumstances. However, there are some common causes of truck crashes. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration identified several common factors in their Large Truck Crash Causation Study. Some of the common causes include:
- Equipment failure such as tire and brake problems
- Traffic flow interruption, such as congestion from another crash
- Prescription or over-the-counter drug use
- Unfamiliarity with the road or problematic road conditions
At Belluck & Fox, we will launch a thorough investigation into your accident, including obtaining information from trucker’s logs and the vehicle’s data recorder. Our skilled New York truck accident lawyers will determine exactly what caused the accident and who should be held liable for compensating you.
Common Types of Trucks Involved in Accident Injury Cases
The seasoned New York truck accident attorneys at Belluck & Fox work with clients who have been injured in all types of crashes. We know that the type and size of the truck matters, as does the load it’s carrying ─ from explosive and corrosive cargo on tankers to potentially unsecured loads on other types of trucks. For example:
- Tanker trucks have significant blind spots and high centers of gravity. In addition to the injuries caused by a collision with a tanker truck, victims may also face breathing hazards if toxic loads leak or spill.
- Tractor-trailers (also known as 18-wheelers, semi-trailers, or big rigs) have significant blind spots and high centers of gravity, as well. Drivers also must compensate for significant differences in weight, such as when they are driving without cargo or “bobtailing” without the trailer itself. Tractor-trailers need 40 percent more time to stop than regular passenger cars, according to TruckersReport.com.
- Tow trucks are often thought of as a help, not a danger. However, improperly trained drivers can pose a significant risk, and improperly secured vehicles on the back of a tow truck can break loose and wreak havoc on the road.
- Flatbed trucks can lose their loads in accidents that occur due to dangerous driving, poor road conditions, or improperly secured cargo.
- Garbage and dump trucks have large blind spots, need to stop frequently, and operate regularly in residential areas. This makes them a risk not only to other drivers, but to pedestrians, motorcycles, and bicyclists as well.
Contact The NY Truck Accident Lawyers at Belluck & Fox for a Free Consultation
At Belluck & Fox, our skilled New York truck accident attorneys will review your case for free to determine what types of compensation we can pursue for you. Depending on the circumstances of your case, we may fight for:
- Payment for past and future medical bills related to your injury
- Money to replace or repair your vehicle
- Compensation for lost wages and diminished earning capacity in the future
- Awards for the pain and suffering you have endured as a result of the accident
- Punitive damages, in extreme cases where the at-fault party showed severe misconduct
Contact us today to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation, and learn how we will fight for your compensation in your personal injury claim.
Call A Top Rated Truck Accident Attorney at Belluck & Fox For Help With Your Truck Accident Claim
- Top-rated law firm with a long track record of success handling complex truck accident cases
- More than $1 billion in compensation secured for deserving clients
- Always focused on achieving the best outcome for clients injured in serious accidents
- Extensive experience successfully resolving claims involving all types of trucks, including semis, tractor- trailers, garbage trucks, box trucks, moving trucks, etc.
- Available to meet with clients throughout New York City and across the state