Compassionate 18-Wheeler Accident Attorneys in New York - We will fight for the justice you deserve
We have spent 20 years fighting for “the little guy” ─ everyday people who have been severely injured or lost a loved one due to negligence on the part of a truck driver or a company. Accident victims choose us because:
- Our seasoned attorneys for accidents involving trucks have recovered more than $1 billion in compensation for clients. Our success has earned us a string of professional honors that includes Largest Verdicts of the Year recognition from the National Law Journal.
- Our aggressive litigators have put together a team of top-notch experts to help build your case. We frequently work with accident reconstruction specialists, medical experts, and financial professionals to determine what caused your accident and how your injuries have changed your life.
- Our nationally recognized legal team is tough on insurance companies but sensitive to your needs. Clients appreciate our attorneys’ compassionate bedside manner and the one-on-one attention we give to every case.
We will provide you with a free initial consultation, and you do not have to pay anything to get started on your case. Instead, we recover attorneys’ fees only if and when we win compensation in your claim.
Call or fill out our online form to learn how we will fight for justice for you.
18 Wheeler Accident Lawyers Discuss Why Truck Accidents Are Different?
Table of Contents
It’s simple physics on the common causes.
The bigger and heavier the hammer, the more damaging the blow.
With 18-wheeler crashes, the passenger vehicles are on the receiving end.
However, that’s not the only thing that makes these crashes different.
Cases involving 18-wheelers are complicated because:
18 wheeler crashes often involve multiple vehicles, severe injuries, and fatalities.
That means there is often more money on the line, and the negotiations and litigation that follow can be more of a war than a battle. You need a New York truck accident law firm that is strong enough to take on teams of insurance company lawyers representing large corporations, individuals, and even truck part manufacturers.
A truck driver isn’t the only one who can be held liable.
In an 18-wheeler accident, our attorneys may pursue compensation from the trucking company and any of the parties involved with loading and unloading the vehicle, along with those responsible for training and supervising the driver. Some trucks are leased, and the driver is an employee of the owner. Some drivers own their trucks and work under contract. This is just part of the liability maze our attorneys will navigate for you after a crash.
Defective auto parts or poor maintenance can also lead to an accident.
When auto parts are defective or systems fail, the manufacturer or distributor could be held liable. In addition, the mechanic or garage that installed the part or failed to properly maintain the truck could also be to blame. Our 18-wheeler accident attorneys at Belluck & Fox will identify all the players who could be held liable for defective parts or improper maintenance.
There are strict federal and state regulations and local rules governing 18-wheelers.
These regulations cover hours spent driving, the number of miles driven, cargo, insurance coverage requirements, and licensing for the hauler and the driver. At Belluck & Fox, our attorneys are extremely knowledgeable about these complicated trucking regulations, including federal guidelines and those imposed by New York state.
There are complex insurance requirements for 18-wheelers.
Because of the huge potential costs and risks of property damage, injury, and death, coverage often is layered and involves a number of insurers. Our attorneys are prepared to negotiate with multiple parties to pursue the full and fair compensation you deserve.
At Belluck & Fox, we appreciate that trucking companies and drivers work hard to deliver the things that keep this country running. It isn’t an easy job, and it can be dangerous.
However, for those who have been seriously hurt in an 18-wheeler accident, recovering the compensation you need from a web of insurance companies can seem impossible without a skilled attorney on your side.
Contact us now to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation. Our attorneys can meet with you and your family at your home or in the hospital, wherever is most convenient for you.
18 Wheeler Accident Attorneys Get You Compensation After a Truck Accident
The horrendous physical damage produced by 18-wheeler accidents can result in tremendous financial burdens for crash victims and their families.
Our New York 18-wheeler accident attorneys may demand compensation for:
- Medical expenses, such as hospital bills, rehabilitative therapy, assisted mobility devices, and medication
- Lost wages due to time missed from work after the accident, as well as payment for diminished earning capacity in the future
- Property damage, such as the cost to repair or replace your vehicle
- The pain and suffering you have been put through due to your injuries
- Punitive damages, in rare circumstances where the at-fault party exhibited extreme misconduct
Putting a dollar value on your injuries is difficult, but our skilled attorneys will thoroughly evaluate your case to demand full and fair compensation for what you have been through.
If you have lost a loved one in a truck accident, our compassionate New York wrongful death attorneys can also help you file a claim for compensation to ease the financial burdens your family is facing.
Contact The 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyers at Belluck & Fox for a Free Consultation
The last thing you should have to worry about after a serious truck accident is how you can afford to pay your bills. Contact the knowledgeable trucking accident lawyers at Belluck & Fox, LLP today to learn how we may be able to help take that pressure off you. We have locations at Woodstock, The Capital District, New York and Rochester.
Call or fill out our online form to schedule a free consultation, and learn how we will fight for the compensation you need and the justice you deserve.