One of New York’s most experienced and effective asbestos and product liability attorneys.
Jordan Fox is a founding partner of Belluck & Fox, LLP. He is nationally recognized as a trailblazer in the legal field and has a proud history of defending the public.
Over the course of his 30+ year legal career, Jordan has recovered tens of millions of dollars on behalf of his clients in settlements and verdicts for victims involving asbestos, environmental hazards, products liability, and crime. Twice his cases were named by the National Law Journal as “verdicts of the year.”
Jordan won the first major asbestos case against a major retail company when Sears Roebuck was found liable for selling products which caused mesothelioma.
On behalf of the citizens of Baltimore, Maryland, he recovered extensive damages against the asbestos industry, resulting in two separate jury awards of $23 million and $12 million – including punitive damages against the asbestos companies.
In another case, Jordan obtained a verdict of $18.2 million on behalf of five individuals who died from mesothelioma. Jordan also secured two groundbreaking asbestos verdicts in New York City: $32 million in the Dummitt case and $20 million in the Konstantin case.
Prior to founding Belluck & Fox, LLP in 2002, Jordan was a prosecutor in the Special Victims Bureau of the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office. He continues his dedication to crime victims in special practice and has won millions of dollars in civil lawsuits for such victims.
Jordan is passionate about staying involved in the legal community. He is a member of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, the American Association for Justice, and the National Crime Victim Bar Association.
Jordan earned his law degree from the Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University and obtained his license to practice law in 1985. He holds an active law license before all New York State courts.
- Mesothelioma and Asbestos
- Product Injury and Defective Products
- Environmental Injury
- Lead Paint Injury
- Crime and Civil Practice
- Hofstra University School of Law
- University of Maryland, B.S., 1989
- New York
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- National Crime Victim Bar Association, Member
- U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms (2010 – Present)
- New York SuperLawyers (2007 – Present)
- New York Best Lawyers (2006 – Present)
- Best Lawyers in America (2006 – Present)
- Best Lawyers’ New York City Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions – Plaintiffs “Lawyer of the Year” (2013)
- New York Magazine, Best Lawyers in the New York Area (2009)
- National Law Journal’s Largest Verdicts of the Year