As a pedestrian, you have a right to feel safe on the streets. You shouldn’t have to fear for your life as you cross intersections or walk along sidewalks. Yet, pedestrians often find that the old saying about “always having the right of way” does little to protect against negligent and careless drivers.
Table of Contents
- 1 New York Pedestrian Accident Lawyers at Belluck & Fox
- 2 How a NY Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Can Help After An Accident
- 3 How Compensation Works in New York Pedestrian Accident Cases
- 4 Call The Top Rated New York Pedestrian Accident Lawyer at Belluck & Fox For Help With Your Claim
- 5 Types of Compensation We Fight for in NY Pedestrian Accident Cases
- 6 Common Causes of New York Pedestrian Accidents
- 7 Contact NY Pedestrian Accident Attorneys at Belluck & Fox for a Free Consultation
New York Pedestrian Accident Lawyers at Belluck & Fox
At Belluck & Fox, our top New York lawyers for personal injuries will help those who have been senselessly hurt or lost a loved one in a serious crash or pedestrian accident. For more than 20 years, we have represented people who were needlessly put in harm’s way and deserve compensation for what they’re been through. Victims of pedestrian accidents choose our firm because:
- Our tough litigators have secured more than $1 billion for our clients and their families. In fact, our success in securing full and fair verdicts and settlements has earned our firm many professional honors, such as Largest Verdicts of the Year recognition in the National Law Journal. Our skilled attorneys have also been recognized by Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers, and Martindale Hubbell.
- Our attorneys fight fiercely to hold negligent parties accountable, but our clients see our compassionate side. We know that people who have been hurt in pedestrian accidents face intense struggles to heal, and we go above and beyond to take the burden of pursuing compensation off you.
- Our skilled pedestrian accident lawyers conduct an in-depth investigation and enlist a team of experts to help build a strong case for you. We frequently call on accident reconstruction professionals, medical specialists, and financial experts to show how seriously you were injured and who should be held accountable.
If you have been severely hurt or lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident in New York, contact us today to learn how we can help you fight for the justice you deserve. We do not charge anything for a case evaluation, and there are no legal fees to get started on your claim. That’s because our firm works on a contingency fee basis, which means you only pay fees if and when we recover compensation for you.
How a NY Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Can Help After An Accident
After a serious accident, you shouldn’t be worried about arguing with insurance companies and their aggressive legal teams by yourself. Instead, you should be focused on healing, while our skilled personal injury lawyers at Belluck & Fox focus on fighting for your rights.
You can trust our dedicated pedestrian accident lawyers to:
- Take on insurance companies that are trying to minimize what you’re going through. Insurance company lawyers and adjusters do this for a living. They’ll low-ball you if you have a great case, and they’ll unfairly try to shift blame in your direction to reduce their payout. We know the games they play and how to build a solid strategy for beating them.
- Identify and pursue all possible sources of compensation. Not all pedestrian accidents are the fault of an individual driver. Was it a taxi, bus, or other on-the-job vehicle that struck you? We could go after the driver and the company. Was the motor vehicle that hit you unsafe because of a faulty or defective part? We could file a claim against the manufacturer. Is coverage available under your own insurance policy? We’ll comb through the documents to find out.
- Thoroughly assess what maximum compensation should be in your case. Your injuries aren’t over when the cast comes off or stitches come out. You might need physical therapy, vocational training, and psychological counseling to adapt to a new lifestyle. Not to mention the wages you’ve lost and the pain and suffering you’ve been through.
- Build a strong wrongful death case if the worst has happened. As you deal with your grief, you shouldn’t be forced to also deal with insurance companies. Our experienced New York wrongful death attorneys will handle your claim with compassion and sensitivity during this difficult time.
Schedule a free, no-obligation case consultation today to learn how we can help you and your family fight for the justice you deserve after a tragic pedestrian accident. Call or fill out our online form to get started.
How Compensation Works in New York Pedestrian Accident Cases
A pedestrian accident victim is subject to New York’s “no-fault” insurance laws, but being on foot makes a difference:
- From the start, an injured pedestrian can tap the insurance of the at-fault motorist or motorists involved in the accident to recoup medical expenses, lost wages, and other reasonable costs. If the insurance policy has supplemental coverage, that, too, may be available to the injured pedestrian.
- The injured pedestrian can also use the “no-fault” laws to tap his or her own auto insurance policy or the policy of a relative who was part of his or her household at the time of the accident.
- If the pedestrian does not have access to the motorist’s insurance information, such as in a hit-and-run, and if the pedestrian cannot tap into his or her own policy, the pedestrian can file a claim with the state’s Motor Vehicle Accident Indemnification Corp.
- If the accident was caused by public or private infrastructure problems such as potholes that should not have existed, the injured party can seek damages from the responsible government body or property owner.
Filing claims for compensation after a serious pedestrian accident can be extremely complicated in New York, and having an experienced attorney on your side can make all the difference. Contact us today to learn how about the process for pursuing compensation and the various time limits that may affect your case.
Call The Top Rated New York Pedestrian Accident Lawyer at Belluck & Fox For Help With Your Claim
- Respected NYC attorneys with a long track record of fighting for the rights of injured pedestrians
- More than $1 billion in compensation secured for injured victims and families
- Committed to pursuing the best possible outcome for pedestrians hurt in serious car accident
- Law firm with the resources and manpower to thoroughly investigate claims and uncover essential evidence
- Available to handle pedestrian accident claims throughout New York City and across the state
Types of Compensation We Fight for in NY Pedestrian Accident Cases
During your initial consultation with Belluck & Fox, we will review the types of compensation our skilled New York pedestrian accident lawyers can pursue for you. Depending on the circumstances of your case, we might fight for:
- Payment for past and future medical bills related to your injury
- Compensation for lost wages and diminished earning capacity in the future
- Awards for the pain and suffering you have endured as a result of the accident
- Punitive damages, which can result in cases where the at-fault party showed extreme misconduct or even malicious behavior
You should not be forced to pay for someone else’s mistakes. Let us help you demand the compensation you deserve after a serious pedestrian accident. Call or fill out our online form to schedule a free case consultation.
Common Causes of New York Pedestrian Accidents
A New York City Pedestrian Safety Study & Action Plan report from 2010 found that “pedestrians account for 52% of all New York City traffic fatalities and 33% of all severe injuries.” Yes, drivers must yield to pedestrians, but 36 percent of vehicle-versus-pedestrian accidents cited in the report were blamed on drivers’ failure to do so. The other top causes of pedestrian accidents listed by the report were:
- Driver inattention.
- Motor vehicle lane changing from cars, trucks, bicycles, and motorcycles (The report says this is the accident scenario that poses the greatest risk for pedestrians.)
- Turning vehicles. (Left-turn incidents outnumbered right-turn cases by a ratio of 3-to-1, the report says. It cites the challenge of greater blind spots for a truck driver making a left turn.)
- Drivers impaired by alcohol.
- Pedestrians crossing against signals. (New York law requires pedestrians to follow all traffic signals, signs, and street markings.)
Contact NY Pedestrian Accident Attorneys at Belluck & Fox for a Free Consultation
Schedule a free consultation with our trustworthy New York personal injury attorneys at Belluck & Fox now, and learn how we will fight for the justice you and your family deserve.