If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a bicycle accident, you need a dedicated NYC injury attorney who will fight for the compensation you need and the justice you deserve. At Belluck & Fox, our skilled New York bicycle accident attorneys are widely recognized for:
- More than 20 years of experience fighting for the rights of people who have been injured due to someone else’s negligence
- More than $1 billion in verdicts and settlements for deserving clients and their families
- Commitment to compassionate customer service, making clients feel comfortable by keeping them up to date on every aspect of their case
The seasoned New York bicycle accident attorneys at Belluck & Fox will conduct a free consultation to assess your case and go over all your options for compensation. Call or fill out our online form to get started.
Table of Contents
How a Lawyer Can Help After a Bicycle Accident
After a serious bicycle accident, you shouldn’t be forced to wade through the complexities of the New York state legal system alone, facing hard-nosed insurance companies and their legal teams. You can rely on Belluck & Fox to:
- Protect you from aggressive insurance companies that just want to short-change you. We know the tactics and strategies that insurance companies and their lawyers use to try to take advantage of accident victims. And we will stand strong for you.
- Prove who was at fault and who should pay. You know the driver caused your accident, but you may find that the insurance company will try to make you share the blame. Our skilled legal team will employ accident reconstruction specialists and other professionals to build a solid case for who is at fault.
- Make a strong case for maximum compensation. It’s tough to think about money during one of the hardest times of your life, and you don’t have to. The New York bicycle accident lawyers at Belluck & Fox will compile a record of all expenses related to the accident, gather proof of lost wages and diminished earning capacity, and document the pain and suffering you have endured to determine what full and fair compensation should be in your case.
When you choose us, you can count on our dedicated legal team to stand with you throughout this ordeal, taking as much of the burden off you as possible. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help.
Types of Compensation We Fight for in Bicycle Accident Cases
Because bicyclists are at such a disadvantage in collisions with cars, our attorneys are particularly sensitive when it comes to determining how much compensation you may need to recover from your injuries. Depending on the circumstances of your case, our New York bicycle accident lawyers may demand:
- Compensation for medical bills, including estimates for any ongoing treatments you will need in the future related to your injury
- Payment for lost wages and diminished earning capacity if you are no longer able to do the work you did before
- Property damage to your bike
- Awards for the pain and suffering you have been put through
- Punitive damages, which are meant to punish the at-fault party for extreme misconduct
You need all the help you can get after a serious bike accident. Let us stand up for your rights. Call or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free case evaluation.
Sources of Compensation in Bicycle Accident Cases
New York laws are complicated when it comes to recovering compensation after a bicycle accident. For example, depending on the specific details in your case, we may be able to pursue compensation through:
- The insurance of the motorist or motorists involved in the accident
- Your own auto insurance policy
- The policy of a relative who was part of your household at the time of the accident
- The state’s Motor Vehicle Accident Indemnification Corp.
- Property owners or municipalities that are responsible for hazardous road conditions
- Manufacturers of dangerous or defective auto or bicycle parts
When you sit down for your initial consultation with us, we will discuss exactly what happened in your case to start crafting a smart strategy for pursuing maximum compensation.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
The Pedestrian and Bicycle Information Center warns that 29 percent of all bicycle accident injuries result from bike-versus-auto crashes. Falls are next, at 17 percent, followed by “roadway/walkway not in good repair,” at 13 percent.
Other common causes of accidents include:
- Vehicle doors, often taxi doors, being opened in front of a rolling cyclist
- Automobiles, taxis, delivery vans, trucks, and buses turning into the path of cyclists
- Autos rear-ending bicycles
- Bicycles rear-ending autos
- Careless behavior at intersections
- Vehicles forcing cyclists off the road
- Cyclists riding against the flow of traffic
Cyclists have a right to the road just as much as motorists, and they should be respected. If you have been hurt during a run-in with a vehicle, do not hesitate to seek legal advice on your rights to compensation.
Schedule a Free Case Consultation Now
Unfortunately, although there’s no limit on how long a bicycle accident injury will affect your life, there is a limit on the time you have to file a claim for compensation after a crash. That’s why it’s so important to get an experienced New York bicycle accident attorneys on your side as quickly as possible.
Schedule a free consultation today to find out how we can fight for the compensation you need to get your life back on track. We do not charge anything to get started on your case, and there are no fees unless and until we secure compensation from those responsible for harming you.
You can visit our New York office now.