New York Personal Injury Lawyers
Due to a personal injury, your life has changed.
Debt is piling up because you can’t work.
You’re in pain, physically and emotionally, and can’t afford top-notch medical care.
The insurance company is treating you like you’ve done something wrong and is refusing to step up financially.
New York is an expensive place to live and bills are piling up.
You’re feeling helpless and are overwhelmed by the questions that must be answered before you can decide how to move forward.
You need help from personal injury attorneys.
Top Reasons To Trust Belluck & Fox As Your Personal Injury Law Firm
- Top-rated NYC personal injury lawyers with over 20 years of experience
- Excellent track record of success, recovering more than $1 billion for clients, including million dollar settlements
- Nationally recognized attorneys for high-quality representation and compassionate customer service
- Top-reviewed and top-ranked law firm, highly recommended by former clients and fellow legal professionals
- Trusted legal advice that is always focused on your best interests
- Committed to maintaining good communication throughout the claims process
- No fee unless we recover money for your injuries
- Authorized to handle a wide range of personal injury claims
File Your Personal Injury Claim ASAP
If you have suffered a serious personal injury in New York, it is important that you take immediate action. New York law imposes strict deadlines on personal injury actions and if you fail to act, you may be barred from ever pursuing your case.
In certain cases, New York law requires that you give “notice” of your claim within a specific period, you will be barred.
Becoming sick or getting hurt because of another’s negligence or maliciousness does more than create physical and emotional trauma.
A lawsuit with the help of a personal injury lawyer can be an integral part of recovering your health while living in New York.
Belluck & Fox Personal Injury Lawyers in New York
The Belluck & Fox law firm was founded with the intent of helping New Yorkers and people in other areas.
Our New York City personal injury attorney does that by getting excellent legal results for clients and treating them with compassion and respect through the process. Your personal injury attorney will always be available to speak with you about any issue, even on weekends and after office hours.
Too often in personal injury, it feels as though the law only benefits the powerful in New York, even in medical malpractice cases.
Belluck & Fox uses the law to protect everyday New Yorkers.
We’ve been recognized as some of America’s top trial lawyers by Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers, and Martindale-Hubbell.
More importantly, we’ve been recognized by former New York based clients for the service of helping them through a difficult period.
It costs nothing to discuss your case with a personal injury attorney.
To get started, call our New York based law firm at (212) 681-1575 or send us a message.
Practice Areas Our NY Personal Injury Attorney Can Help With:
- Auto Accidents
- Car Crashes
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Bodily Injury
- Bicycle Accidents
- Brain Injury
- Burn Injury
- Children Injured At School
- Construction Accidents
- Dangerous Pharmaceuticals
- Defective Products
- Dog Bite
- Motorcycle Wrecks
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Revel™ Scooter Accidents
- Skydiving Accidents
- Slip And Fall Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Tractor Trailer Wrecks
- Workplace Accidents
- Workers Compensation
- Wrongful Death
In New York, a personal injury can occur at work, like construction accidents, be caused by a motor vehicle accident or premises liability, or result from bad products or drugs, medical error and hazardous substances.
The causes of serious personal injury are wide-ranging, as are the injuries themselves, which include the following:
Types of Catastrophic Injuries in Personal Injury Cases
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): TBI is personal injury that can have lifelong debilitating effects, leaving you in an unresponsive state or dramatically impacting employment, family, and all social aspects of life.
- Spinal cord injury (paralysis): Complete spinal cord damage can leave you a paraplegic (paralysis in the lower portion of the body) or quadriplegic (paralyzed from the neck down).
- Amputations: Limbs can be amputated in an accident or crushed so severely that they must be medically amputated after vehicle accidents.
- Severe burns and scarring: Severe burns can be a devastating personal injury and often leads to scarring and disfigurement, infection, numerous surgeries, infection, loss of mobility and even loss of a limb.
- Dog attacks and mauling: Approximately 4.5 million people are bitten every year – most of them children – and 27,000 undergo reconstructive surgery in my areas as a result.
- Fractures: Multiple broken bones from injuries can lead to serious and life-threatening complications such as vascular damage, disruption to the femoral artery, pneumonia, respiratory problems, and infection.
- Internal organs: Damage age to internal organs can result from medical malpractice, construction accident, car accidents, falls, and many other injuries.
- Medical Malpractice: Medical malpractice errors are a leading cause of personal injury and death in the U.S. Malpractice mistakes by physicians and others contribute to as many as 400,000 malpractice patient deaths and millions of injuries each year.
- Birth injuries: Medical errors during labor and delivery can cause serious and permanent injuries to the infant such as cerebral palsy and brachial plexus.
Contact the Belluck & Fox Firm for Free
If you have been seriously injured due to someone else’s negligence, including after a car accident, don’t wait to get the legal help you need. Contact Belluck & Fox New York personal injury lawyers today.
An initial consultation with us is always free, and we do not charge attorneys’ fees unless and until we win. Call our New York offices or fill out our online form to speak about representation.
I want to thank you all for your hard work in helping me and my family these past three years. My only regret is Ken did not live to see what you all did for us. I still miss him very much, after all we had 54 years together, but you have made my life a lot easier and more independent. Thank you all again.
Barbara | Mesothelioma
Whether I last another 6 months or 6 years, I’ve done what I can to provide for my family, and Belluck & Fox was the instrument I used to do that.
Belluck & Fox Client | Mesothelioma
Just wanted to drop you a line and wish you and your Staff a “Happy Holiday Season” … Thanks for all you did for our Family … Stay Safe …
Bob Gates | Mesothelioma
How’s everything? Just a quick note to say thanks again for all you did for dad. Every time a check is cut, i feel he’s taking care of us in is own way. Hope all is well w/you & family.
Barb W. | Mesothelioma
It must be so rewarding to know that someone was compensated for the negligence and deceit in knowingly allowing asbestos products to be sold and used.
Belluck & Fox Client | Mesothelioma
Speak to a New York Personal Injury Lawyer Now For Help
Frequently Asked Personal Injury Questions
How do you prove fault?
In order to secure compensation for personal injury you must prove:
- There was negligence. (This could be on the part of a person or a company.)
- The negligence led to your suffering and personal injury.
- You were physical, emotionally, or financially damaged.
In New York State, proving fault and documenting damages in an injury case is a complex process. At Belluck & Fox, our experienced personal injury attorneys have built a team of experts – construction accident, medical specialists, economists, accident reconstruction pros, and investigators – to consult on your case.
Armed with evidence, the personal injury attorney at our personal injury law firm will devise a smart legal strategy for the New York court system to pursue the compensation needed to get your life back on track after a serious accident.
What types of compensation can a personal injury lawyer get for you?
Depending on the circumstances in your case, most Manhattan personal injury law firms like Belluck & Fox may demand compensation for:
- Existing and expected medical expenses
- Lost income, including diminished earning capacity
- Property damage, such as to your vehicle
- Pain and suffering resulting from injuries
- Punitive damages, which are meant to punish the at-fault party in cases involving extreme misconduct
To learn more about how much your claim could be worth, schedule a free consultation with us today.
Should I accept a personal injury settlement offer from the insurance company?
Do not accept a settlement offer without speaking with Belluck & Fox personal injury attorneys. New York insurance companies always want to pay out as little as possible. In fact, they have teams of claims handlers and injury lawyers working for them to protect their profits. An experienced car accident lawyer like Belluck & Fox can help you navigate these challenges.
In previous personal injury cases we found the insurance company will try to pay you as little as possible. In New York State, accepting a settlement offer without consulting an injury lawyer is not a good idea. Especially right after an accident, you may not fully know the extent of the damages you will suffer or all the facts involved in your case.
Take advantage of our free initial consultation to learn what your personal injury case is really worth and how our skilled injury lawyer will fight for maximum compensation.
Will I have to go to court for my personal injury lawsuit?
Most cases in New York are resolved with a settlement, rather than a jury verdict. However, that settlement might come at the last possible minute, including in the middle of a trial.
At Belluck & Fox, our experienced New York based accident injury law firm consists of both skilled negotiators and fierce litigators.
And we always pursue maximum compensation for accident victims, whether that comes in the form of a settlement or New York jury awarded.
How long does a case take?
There’s no simple answer to that question because every personal injury case and car accident claim in New York is different. When you sit down for a free, no-obligation case consultation with our attorneys, we will review the details of your claim and map out a legal strategy tailored to your needs.
How much does it cost to hire a personal injury lawyer?
At Belluck & Fox, we will take your case on a contingency fee basis. That means you do not pay anything upfront for us to start working on your personal injury claim, and we only collect legal fees if we recover compensation for you. In New York, a contingency fee is a percentage of your compensation and is typically one-third of your recovery.
How long do I have to file a claim in New York state?
It’s important to take legal action as soon as you are injured because New York puts a statute of limitations, or time limit, on filing personal injury claims.
You may only have 90 days to file your personal injury claim. Standard time limits are:
- Three years to file a slip-and-fall claim
- Three years to file for vehicle accidents
- Three years to file a product liability claim
- Three years to file a claim for personal injury resulting from other negligence
- Two years to file a claim for wrongful death
- One year to file a claim for assault/battery
Based on the statute of limitations in New York, it may seem like you have plenty of time to file your claim, but remember: It takes time to build a strong case, and evidence disappears as time goes by. So the longer you wait to contact qualified personal injury attorneys, the more difficult your case becomes.
And in some cases, you may have as little as 90 days in New York to file your personal injury claim. There are also many shorter deadlines that need to be met when filing claims through insurance companies, and failing to meet those deadlines can hurt your case.
Suffering an unexpected personal injury or illness can be a major setback, especially in a place as expensive as New York.
When your health suffers a personal injury, the energy that was previously put towards career, family and personal goals is now goes towards managing symptoms and recovering.
Your choice of treatment providers has a major impact on how quickly and completely you bounce back.
But if your injury was caused by somebody else in New York, your choice of NYC Personal Injury Lawyers is as important as the doctors you see for treatment.
It’s not possible to put a dollar amount on a person’s wellbeing, but a personal injury settlement can go a long way towards ensuring that you are properly cared for and that justice is served.
Is There A Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me?
Belluck & Fox has offices throughout New York including New York City, the Capital District, Woodstock, and Rochester and Gloversville.
A serious personal injury deserves serious legal representation.
The nationally-recognized personal injury attorneys and car accident lawyers at Belluck & Fox are here to help you. We have locations at New York City, the Capital District, Woodstock, and Rochester. Contact us today to speak with our award-winning NYC injury lawyers.
If you’ve been injured because of negligence or diagnosed with an asbestos disease, we can care for you. Read more about experienced car accident attorneys Belluck & Fox.
Learn more about Belluck & Fox,LLP.
Glossary of Personal Injury Law terms.