Have You or Someone You Love Suffered a Serious or Catastrophic Injury in New York?
Table of Contents
- 1 Have You or Someone You Love Suffered a Serious or Catastrophic Injury in New York?
- 2 Types of Catastrophic NYC Personal Injury Cases We Take
- 3 Get Your Free Consultation with Belluck & Fox, LLP New York Personal Injury Lawyers
New York Personal Injury Lawyers Belluck & Fox, represent victims injured in serious accidents in NYC and surrounding areas.
Whether you were severely hurt at home, on the job, in your car, or elsewhere, our NYC injury attorneys have the experienced needed to help victims recover money for medical bills, lost wages, and ongoing rehabilitation and adaptive living costs.
If an accident occurs involving a manufacturer’s product or on property owned by another, that manufacturer or property owner can be held liable in a court of law and be required to pay you compensation for your injuries.
Suffering an unexpected injury or illness can be a major setback. When your health suffers, the time and energy that was previously put towards career, family and personal goals is instead put towards managing symptoms and making a recovery.
Your choice of healthcare providers during this time has a major impact on how quickly and completely you bounce back. But if your injury was caused by somebody else, your choice of New York Personal Injury Lawyers is as important as the doctors you see for treatment.
Personal injury compensation is intended to return a victim to how they were before their injury or illness. It’s not possible to put a dollar amount on a person’s wellbeing, nor is a complete recovery always possible. But a lawsuit can go a long way towards ensuring that victims are properly cared for and that justice is served.
Serious injuries deserve serious legal representation. The New York Personal Injury Lawyers at Belluck & Fox are nationally-recognized, award-winning lawyers who help people injured by the negligence of people and corporations.
Types of Catastrophic NYC Personal Injury Cases We Take
Catastrophic injuries can occur in the workplace, be caused by a motor vehicle accident or dangerous premises, or result from defective products, dangerous drugs, medical error and hazardous substances such as asbestos. The specific causes of serious harm are wide-ranging, as are the injuries themselves, which include the following:
New York Mesothelioma & Asbestos Injury Claims
In New York state nearly 900 people each year die from the asbestos-related illnesses mesothelioma, lung cancer, and asbestosis. Nationwide around 3,000 people each year die from the incurable cancer mesothelioma. The asbestos epidemic was entirely preventable, but asbestos companies chose to sell their products rather than protect workers.
Belluck & Fox, LLP, knows how to get results in asbestos injury claims. We have helped hundreds of New Yorkers and their families take on the asbestos companies and win compensation.
In a recent year we had two mesothelioma verdicts of $32 million and $19.5 million. More recently we secured an asbestos verdict that was the largest-ever in Oneida County and the largest Statewide against an asbestos distributor.
Asbestos legal claims are complex and expensive, making it important to work with an attorney who has the experience and resources needed to prove that you were exposed to asbestos by a specific product at a specific place and by a specific manufacturer.
As top New York Personal Injury Lawyers, Belluck & Fox features premier mesothelioma attorneys and is uniquely qualified to help you with an asbestos claim.
If you or a loved one was diagnosed with mesothelioma, contact us to find out how we can help.
Types of Injury Claims
Victims of motor vehicle accidents and motorcycle accidents can count on Belluck & Fox to get them fair and full compensation for their medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. We do the same for those harmed by dangerous consumer products, pharmaceuticals, unsafe premises and workplace accidents.
How Were You Injured? Speak to a New York Injury Lawyer Now For Help
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): TBI can have lifelong debilitating effects, leaving the victim in an unresponsive state or dramatically impacting employment, family, and all social aspects of life.
- Spinal cord injury (paralysis): Complete spinal cord injury can leave the victim paraplegic (paralysis in the lower portion of the body) or quadriplegic (paralyzed from the neck down).
- Amputations: Limbs can be amputated in an accident or crushed so severely that they must be medically amputated after an accident.
- Severe burns and scarring: Severe burns can be both physically and emotionally devastating for the victim and lead to scarring and disfigurement, infection, multiple surgeries, infection, loss of mobility and even loss of a limb.
- Dog attacks and mauling: Approximately 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs every year – most of them children – and 27,000 undergo reconstructive surgery as a result.
- Multiple fractures: Multiple broken bones from injuries can lead to serious and life-threatening complications such as vascular damage, disruption to the femoral artery, organ damage, pneumonia, respiratory problems, and infection.
- Internal organ damage: Damage to internal organs can result from medical malpractice, construction accidents, car accidents, falls, and many other types of injuries.
- Medical malpractice: Medical errors are a leading cause of injury and death in the U.S. Mistakes by physicians and other health workers contribute to as many as 400,000 patient deaths and millions of injuries each year.
- Birth injuries: Medical errors during labor and delivery can cause serious and permanent injuries to the infant such as cerebral palsy and brachial plexus.
Get Your Free Consultation with Belluck & Fox, LLP New York Personal Injury Lawyers
If you have suffered a serious injury, it is important that you take immediate action. New York law imposes strict time deadlines on personal injury actions and if you fail to act in a timely manner, you may be barred from ever pursuing your right to compensation.
In certain cases, New York law requires that an injured person give “notice” of their claim within a specific period of time or the claim will be barred.
Becoming sick or getting hurt because of another’s negligence or maliciousness does more than create physical and emotional trauma.
It can also be accompanied by a feeling of profound injustice.
A lawsuit can be an integral part of recovering your health and sense of justice.
Belluck & Fox was founded with the intent of helping injured New Yorkers. We do that by getting excellent legal results for clients and treating them with compassion and respect through the lawsuit process. We’re always available to speak with clients about any issue, even on weekends and after office hours.
Too often, it feels as though the law only benefits the powerful. Belluck & Fox uses the law to protect everyday New Yorkers.
We’ve been recognized as some of America’s top New York personal injury lawyers by Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers, and Martindale-Hubbell.
More importantly, we’ve been recognized by former clients for helping them through a difficult time.
If you were diagnosed with mesothelioma, injured in an accident, or were the victim of crime or employer wrongdoing, we can help you and your family.
It costs nothing to discuss your case with an attorney.
To get started, call (212) 681-1575 or send us a message.