Skilled Insurance Bad Faith Claims Attorneys in New York - WE KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
When you pay insurance premiums, you do so with the expectation that you will be protected in the event of an accident. Many people make payments to insurance companies for years without ever filing a claim. Then, one day, they find themselves in a position of needing to collect a payment from the policy that they’ve been diligently paying into.
Unfortunately, insurance companies rarely make it easy for a policyholder to collect on a claim. However, they do have a legal duty to act reasonably and in good faith and fair dealing. This means they cannot engage in delay tactics, unfounded denials and other behaviors intended to put policyholders at a disadvantage.
If you have been hurt in an accident and are locked in a frustrating and unfair battle with the insurance company, you need to speak to our knowledgeable attorneys today about your rights.
Our skilled New York bad faith claims attorneys at Belluck & Fox have more than two decades of experience holding profit-driven insurance companies accountable for shameful behavior. We stand up for the rights of the insured who have legitimate claims but are hitting a brick wall with the insurance company.
Schedule a free consultation with our attorneys today to discuss your insurance issue and learn whether you have a bad faith claim.
At Belluck & Fox, we will not charge anything to get started investigating your case, and you do not owe us anything unless we recover compensation for you.
Examples of Insurance Bad Faith Actions
Table of Contents
Many people may experience poor customer service when trying to file a claim with an insurance company. However, a rude claims adjuster or a long wait time on the phone does not mean that the insurance company was acting in bad faith.
In New York, you must be able to show that the insurance company acted with gross disregard for the policyholder’s interests, instead putting its own interests above the insured when deciding on a settlement offer.
At Belluck & Fox, our nationally recognized personal injury attorneys have extensive experience negotiating against large insurance companies. Although we know that they are always fighting to keep payouts to a minimum, our skilled legal team can quickly identify when a company has crossed a line and is acting in bad faith toward a policyholder. Some of the bad faith actions we look for include:
- The insurer knowingly misrepresented to the insured pertinent facts or policy provisions relating to the coverage(s) at issue in the claim.
- The insurance company failed to acknowledge with reasonable promptness pertinent communications regarding the claim.
- The insurer failed to adopt and implement reasonable standards for the prompt investigation of claims that arise under its policies.
- The insurer tried to impose time limits that were not outlined in the policy.
- The insurer indicated that certain medical procedures were unnecessary but did not have evidence to support the assertion.
- The insurance company denied a valid claim, insisting that the insured had not completed tasks that he or she was never asked to do.
- The insurer tried to trick the person into signing a release that covered more than the claim being considered.
- The insurance company made a partial payment on the claim but included language that indicated it was not responsible for future payments.
- The insurance company did not attempt in good faith to reach a fair and equitable settlement for the claim even though liability has become reasonably clear and a verdict in excess of policy limits was a real possibility.
- The insurer offered a substantially a low settlement that forced the claimant to file a lawsuit in order to recover the full and fair amount due.
- The insurance company intentionally caused an unreasonable delay on paying the claim.
Throughout the course of our investigation into your bad faith insurance claim, our attorneys may uncover evidence that shows the company has engaged in a pattern of unfair claim settlement practices. Our legal team will fight aggressively to expose the company’s illegal behavior and demand the full and fair compensation you deserve.
If you believe you have been the victim of an insurance company’s bad faith tactics, you need to speak with a knowledgeable attorney about your options for taking action.
Schedule a free consultation with our team so we can go over your insurance policy, discuss the frustrations you’ve been dealing with, and map out a path for moving forward.
Accidents That Can Result in Bad Faith Claims
Any time you have an accident and must deal with an insurance company, you should be particularly mindful of your rights and make sure you have a solid understanding of what the insurance policy says. Some of the common types of accident claims that can ultimately result in the insurance company acting in bad faith include:
Any accident that results in serious injury or death can be extremely costly for an insurance company, so they will fight these high-dollar claims fiercely. You should not try to handle these types of claims on your own. If you suspect that you are being unfairly treated by an insurance company, contact our respected legal team today to set up a free, no-obligation consultation.
Our Attorneys Are Ready to Take on Insurance Companies for You
In New York, it is not easy to try to take on a large insurance company with deep pockets and teams of lawyers. You need seasoned New York personal injury attorneys who have the resources, the manpower, and the knowledge of insurance law to go toe to toe with these big corporations. You need Belluck & Fox.
Our highly respected litigators have handled countless personal injury and wrongful death claims throughout New York and across the United States. We understand how insurance companies work and the laws that govern them, and we won’t stand for negligent actions or intentional misconduct.
Call or contact us online today to schedule a free consultation with our dedicated New York bad faith claim lawyers. We can take the pressure off you by managing all the aspects of your claim, while you focus on getting your life back on track.