After a serious New York City car accident, you and your family may be completely overwhelmed just trying to cope with your injuries and get through each day. You shouldn’t have to go to battle with an insurance company or dig for evidence to prove what happened. That’s the job for an experienced nyc car accident lawyer.
At Belluck & Fox, our skilled NY car accident attorneys:
- Manage all communication with insurance companies and the at-fault party. We are fierce in negotiations against those who try to pressure our clients into low-ball settlement offers.
- Gather extensive documentation of your motor vehicle accident to support your claim for maximum compensation. Our detail-oriented attorneys will track down your medical records, proof of lost income, police reports, witness statements, and any other evidence that we need to build a strong case.
- Identify all possible sources of compensation. That could include tapping into your uninsured motorist coverage (UM) or underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage. Or it could mean pursuing compensation from the manufacturer or motor vehicle company of a defective vehicle or a specific auto part that led to your crash.
- Build a strong case with in-depth understanding of New York accident laws. New York is a “comparative fault” state, which means the other party may try to argue that you were partially at-fault for the accident in order to reduce the amount of compensation you could receive. That’s why we will aggressively work to show how negligent the other party really was.
- Ensure time doesn’t run out on your car accident claims. New York has a strict time limit, known as a statute of limitations, on how long you have to file an auto collision lawsuit. Our attorneys will keep your case moving forward to make sure all deadlines are met in your claim for compensation.
You may have heard before that New York is a “no-fault” state, meaning in motor vehicle accident cases, victims typically must go through their own insurers to file a claim for compensation, regardless of who is at fault. However, depending on the severity of your injuries, you may have the right to pursue additional damages from the at-fault party. When you sit down with our skilled accident attorneys, we will go over all the details of your case to develop a plan for pursuing maximum compensation.