NYC Taxi Accident Attorneys
What to Do in a Car Accident with a Taxi
Table of Contents
Being injured in any type of auto accident can be a terrifying and life-changing experience. If you’re a passenger in a taxi cab, what are your legal rights? There are many steps to take when involved in a New York City taxi accident. The car accident attorneys at Belluck & Fox are here to help you through this legal battle and claim the compensation you deserve.
What Are My Rights as a Passenger?
People catch cabs for many reasons. Maybe it’s convenience. Perhaps they’ve been out enjoying a night on the town and wish to be responsible. Or maybe they took a cab to avoid having to navigate downtown streets in their own vehicles. Whatever your reason for using a taxi, you have a right to expect that you will be in a cab operated by a safe and careful driver. Here are some basic rights you have as a passenger:
- You have the right to a sober taxi driver
- You have the right to ask to terminate the ride at any time
- You have a right to report a driver who is unsafe, intoxicated or violent
- You have a right to call the police and report an accident, no matter what a taxi driver might say
- You have a right to be compensated for injuries you sustain due to a negligent or careless taxi driver
Who Is Liable?
New York operates