Trusted Car Accident Attorney in New York - We Serve with Compassion
When two motor vehicles collide head on, the damage is usually devastating. Victims of head-on collisions often suffer serious and sometimes fatal injuries, along with extensive medical bills and other crash-related expenses.
If you have been hurt or lost a family member in a head-on collision that was caused by distracted driving or another driver’s negligence, you need to speak to our knowledgeable attorneys today about your rights.
Our skilled legal team can quickly evaluate your case and launch an investigation to determine who should be held liable. We will fight fiercely for the full and fair compensation you need to recover from this traumatic event and move forward.
At Belluck & Fox, we ensure high quality services. Our New York car accidents attorneys are widely recognized for:
- More than two decades of experience successfully fighting for justice for people who have been seriously harmed or killed due to someone else’s negligence
- Almost $1 billion in verdicts and settlements secured for our deserving clients and their families
- Commitment to extraordinary customer service, taking over all aspects of our clients’ legal claims so they can focus on healing
Schedule a free consultation with our experienced car accident attorneys today to learn why so many New Yorkers choose us to handle their injury claims after serious crashes. Our law firm does not charge anything upfront to begin work on head-on collision accident claims, and our attorneys do not charge a fee unless we recover compensation for you.
Compensation After a Head-On Collision
Because head-on collision car accidents can cause such serious and life-threatening injuries, our legal team is meticulous in documenting all the costs and losses associated with your crash. Although we work as efficiently as possible, this is not a quick process.
We need to have a true understanding of how your injuries will affect you over the course of your lifetime in order to pursue the full and fair compensation you deserve.
Some of the common types of compensation we will demand after a head-on collision include:
- Payment for all current and future medical expenses related to the crash. This includes emergency medical treatment, surgeries, hospital stays, rehabilitative therapy, follow-up treatment, medications, assistive living needs, etc.
- Compensation for the income you have lost as a result of the motor vehicle accident. If you are completely disabled and unable to return to work or must transition to a lesser paying job, we will demand compensation for your reduced earning capacity into the future, as well.
- Damage to your motor vehicle. This includes the cost to either repair or fully replace your vehicle, as well as any other personal property that was damaged in the crash.
- Awards for pain and suffering. We will help you document the ways in which you have suffered due to the accident, both physically and emotionally.
- Punitive damages. In severe cases where the defendant showed extreme misconduct, we will pursue damages that are meant to punish the at-fault party.
If you have lost a family member in a head-on collision, we can also help you file a wrongful death claim seeking compensation for funeral and burial expenses. Although there’s no amount of money that can make up for a life cut short, a wrongful death claim can help protect your family financially and bring a sense of justice for your loved one.
Often, insurance companies will rush to offer a settlement and ask you to sign your rights away before you have a real idea of how the crash has affected you and will continue to affect you into the future. You should never accept payment or sign a settlement agreement without speaking to a knowledgeable New York auto accident attorney about your right to compensation.
Common Causes of Head-On Collisions
Over the years, our team has investigated a wide range of auto accident cases involving head-on collisions. We have found that some of the common causes of these types of motor vehicle accidents throughout New York include:
People who are not paying attention may drive the wrong way on a one-way street or accidentally enter on an exit ramp, setting the stage for a head-on collision.
Drivers who are distracted may swerve into the opposite lane or turn the wrong way and end up driving against traffic.
Tired drivers pose a significant risk for head-on collisions, as they may drift across the center line into traffic.
Intoxicated drivers may veer out of their lane or ignore one-way and do-not-enter signs, putting everyone in their path at risk of a head-on crash.
When one car swipes the side of another, the car that is closer to the center line can be pushed into oncoming traffic, causing a head-on collision.
No matter the circumstances surrounding your crash, if you believe the other driver was at fault, you have a right to demand compensation for your injuries. When you meet with our dedicated N.Y. auto accident attorneys, we will discuss exactly what happened to cause your collision and begin work immediately to determine who should be held responsible.
Injuries Caused by Head-On Collisions
When two vehicles travelling in opposite directs collide, the impact is much greater than in other types of crashes where the vehicles are traveling in the same direction such as rear-end accidents. The severity of impact tends to leave victims with catastrophic injuries such as:
Head and traumatic brain injury
Serious blows to the head can cause brain damage and leave a victim forever changed. In addition to the physical effects of a brain injury, victims may suffer cognitive effects, emotional disturbances, and personality changes.
Back and spinal cord injury
A spinal cord injury can result in full or partial paralysis, leaving a victim disabled for the rest of his or her life. Other back injuries such as sprains, strains, fractures, and disc problems can also cause lasting and irreversible damage.
The impact of a head-on collision forces the victim’s head to whip back and forth, causing sprains or strains to muscles, tendons, and ligaments in the neck. Whiplash symptoms may not appear immediately but instead worsen over time.
The legs, feet and torso are particularly vulnerable to fractures in a head-on collision as the front of the vehicle is jammed toward the front seats.
Damage to internal organs
Broken ribs and crushing injuries can cause internal bleeding, punctured lungs, and other serious damage to internal organs.
In addition to physical injuries, many crash victims are psychologically scarred by the trauma of what they have been through. They may find themselves unable to ride in or drive a car, and they may suffer PTSD symptoms related to the crash.
Treatment for head-on collision injuries can be expensive and long-lasting. But you should not be forced to pay for someone else’s mistake. Our skilled New York car accident lawyers will aggressively pursue the maximum compensation you deserve to make you financially whole again after a serious crash.
How Our Attorneys Help Victims of Head-On Crashes
At Belluck & Fox, our dedicated NYC personal injury attorneys handle all the legwork related to your car accident claim. Our goal is to take the pressure off you so you can focus on your health and your family. You can trust our experienced legal team to:
- Take over all communication with the insurance companies. You should not have to worry about dealing with the insurance adjuster or responding to requests from the insurance company. Our team will handle all the paperwork and negotiate aggressively on your behalf.
- Provide extensive documentation in support of your claim for full and fair compensation. Our team will provide thorough evidence of your injuries and show the ways in which your life has been impacted by the crash. We will also conduct an independent investigation of the accident to ensure the cause of the crash is well documented.
- Identify all possible sources of compensation. Our team will be thorough in uncovering every potential source of compensation, including your own uninsured motorist coverage (UM) or underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage.
- Stay on top of deadlines to keep your case moving forward. New York has a strict statute of limitations on how long you have to file a car accident lawsuit. From the start, our attorneys will work to build a strong case and be prepared to pursue your claim in court if the liable party(s) refuses to offer a satisfactory settlement.
We know that after a serious head-on collision, you will have a lot of important decisions to make. One of the most important will be choosing the right attorney to handle your claim.
Do not wait to get the legal advice you need. Schedule a free consultation with the highly qualified NY car accident lawyers at Belluck & Fox today. We can meet with you at our law offices, in the hospital, or at your home, wherever is most convenient for you.