Catastrophic injuries after a car crash can leave you or a loved one with overwhelming medical expenses, an unexpected drop in income, and seemingly never-ending pain and suffering.
Our NYC car accident lawyers at Belluck & Fox fight aggressively for the compensation clients need to get their lives back on track after a life-altering wreck. For more than 20 years, our trusted attorneys have successfully held at-fault parties accountable for the harm they have caused. We firmly believe that our clients shouldn’t have to pay for someone else’s mistake.
Table of Contents
- 1 Car Accident Lawyers in New York City
- 2 How an Experienced NYC Car Accident Lawyer Can Help After a Crash
- 3 Compensation in a Car Accident Claim in New York City
- 4 What You Need to Know About Dealing with Insurance Companies
- 5 How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer in NYC?
- 6 Common Causes of Motor Vehicle Collisions in New York City
- 7 Tips for Protecting Your Rights After a Crash
Car Accident Lawyers in New York City
Our tenacious NYC trial lawyers have secured more than $1 billion in personal injury claims compensation for our clients. That success has led to Belluck & Fox being widely recognized professionally, including winning Largest Verdicts of the Year recognition from The National Law Journal. Our NYC law firm also has been honored by Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers and Martindale Hubbell.
Our seasoned lawyers take an aggressive stance against negligent companies and individuals, but clients experience our compassionate side. Our legal team is sensitive to what you are going through, and our car accident attorneys in NYC do everything we can to ensure that the process of seeking compensation does not add to your burden.
Our lawyers devise savvy legal strategies that are based on strong evidence and thorough research. Our law firm has built a sharp team of accident reconstruction experts, financial professionals and medical specialists who can clearly explain how your accident happened, how seriously you were injured and how your future will be affected.
If you or a family member has been injured in a motor vehicle collision in Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens or Staten Island, contact the skilled NYC car accident injury lawyers at Belluck & Fox now. An initial case consultation is always free. In fact, we do not charge any legal fees to begin work on your case — you pay us only if and when we recover money for you. Call our Manhattan law office today at (212) 681-1575, or fill out our online form to get started.
How an Experienced NYC Car Accident Lawyer Can Help After a Crash
After a serious car accident in New York City, you and your family may be struggling just trying to adjust to your injuries and make it through each day. You shouldn’t have the additional burden of fighting with an insurance company or tracking down evidence to show what has happened to you. Let us do that.
At Belluck & Fox, our skilled NYC auto accident lawyers:
- Take over all communication with the at-fault party or parties. We’re fierce when encountering those who try to push our clients into low settlements.
- Gather the documentation necessary to support your compensation claim. Our legal team will collect your medical records, plus police accident reports, statements from witnesses, proof of lost income and any other evidence to help build an airtight case.
- Uncover all potential compensation sources. This may include using your underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage or uninsured motorist coverage (UM). It also could mean pursuing payment from the maker of a defective auto part that contributed to your collision.
- Build a solid case based on in-depth knowledge of New York’s accident laws. New York is known as a “comparative fault” state. This means the defendant may say that you were partially at-fault to try to decrease the amount of compensation you receive. We work tirelessly to show who was truly to blame.
- Ensure you meet all time limits for filing a claim. The State of New York has a strict statute of limitations, or time limit, specifying how long you have to file lawsuit after a traffic crash. Our attorneys will make sure all deadlines are met as your case moves forward.
New York also is a “no-fault” state, meaning car accident victims typically must file claims for compensation through their own insurers first, no matter who is at fault. However, you may be entitled to additional damages from the at-fault party depending on the severity of your injuries. Our skilled car accident attorneys in NYC can review all the details of your situation to develop the best plan for pursuing maximum compensation.
Schedule a free case evaluation now.
- Provide high-quality representation and compassionate service from experienced car wreck attorneys
- Have secured more than $1 billion in verdicts and settlements for injury victims
- Are highly recommended by victims and their families
- Focus on providing the best possible care and outcome for our clients
Compensation in a Car Accident Claim in New York City
When the attorneys at Belluck & Fox take on your case, our goal is to recover nothing less than full and fair compensation for you. Although money can’t turn back the clock and undo what has happened, it can lessen your financial burden and help provide for you and your loved ones.
Our New York City auto accident lawyers frequently advocate for:
- Payment for past, current and future medical expenses
- Payment for damage to your vehicle
- Compensation for lost wages, as well as any future reduced earning capacity
- Awards for pain and suffering
- Punitive damages, which punish an at-fault party for extreme misconduct
If an insurance company has already offered you a car accident settlement, it is especially important that you talk to one of our dedicated New York City personal injury lawyers before you sign anything.
Let us review your claim to give you an honest evaluation of the compensation you deserve. Contact us today.
What You Need to Know About Dealing with Insurance Companies
If you plan to seek compensation for your car accident injuries, you are obligated to tell your insurer within a certain amount of time, typically outlined in your policy. But you do not need to give more than the basic information about the crash, such as where and when it occurred and who was involved.
You also are not obligated to talk to the other driver’s insurance company. The smart thing to do is refer any questions to your lawyer.
Insurance adjusters are skilled at coaxing car crash victims to say things that could end up hurting their case. Stick to the basic facts to protect yourself and your case. Never agree to give a recorded statement and never admit fault.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer in NYC?
Belluck & Fox takes car accident injury cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning you do not pay us to begin working on your case. We only receive legal fees if and when we win compensation for you. Our contingency fee is then taken as a percentage of your total compensation.
Common Causes of Motor Vehicle Collisions in New York City
In New York, motor vehicle collisions are the leading cause of injury-related deaths. Some of the most common causes of car wrecks in New York City include:
- Driver inattention or driver distraction
- Driver fatigue or drowsiness
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driver inexperience
- Failure to yield right of way
- Improper turns
- Backing up unsafely
- Unsafe road conditions
Car accident statistics for New York City can be staggering, especially when you recognize that real people are behind each number. At Belluck & Fox, we’re dedicated to treating every client with the personalized attention and compassion they deserve. You’re not just a claim number or a statistic to us; you’re a person who needs help and deserves justice.
Tips for Protecting Your Rights After a Crash
When you are hurt in a car crash, so many things race through your mind as you struggle to cope with your injuries and figure out your next steps. Here are the things you should do after an accident in NYC:
- Call 911. Once law enforcement arrives, officers will complete a traffic crash report that can be used as evidence in your claim. Even if no one seems injured, it’s good to have the police file a report, especially if you are unsure about the extent of the damage.
- Seek medical care. Your health should always be your top priority after a crash. We understand that some people are reluctant to visit a hospital, but it is important for a medical professional to evaluate you right away.
- Get important details from the at-fault driver. You should write down the driver’s name, address, license number and insurance information. Please do not talk about the crash with the at-fault driver or any witnesses, and never admit fault.
- Write down contact details for witnesses. If possible, write down the names and contact information for anyone who may have seen the accident. Their witness statements could serve as evidence in your case.
- Take notes about what happened and take photos of the scene. If you can, get pictures of the cars involved, the crash scene and your injuries. It’s also helpful for you to write down what happened, including the date, time, location, and any related weather and road conditions.
- Notify your insurance company. New York State has strict deadlines to file no-fault insurance claims, so don’t delay in notifying your insurance carrier. You have 30 days from the date of your motor vehicle crash to a file a no-fault application with your insurance company.
- Call a trusted car accident lawyer in NYC. An attorney will review the police accident reports, get statements from witnesses, collect your medical records, and work with experts who can reconstruct the crash scene. A lawyer will also aggressively negotiate with an insurance company and, if necessary, file a car accident lawsuit to demand maximum compensation for your injuries.
- Schedule a Free Consultation Now
In complex car accident claims, time is a big factor. Evidence becomes harder to track down and memories fade with each passing day. If you or a family member has been seriously hurt in a crash, please contact our knowledgeable auto accident lawyers in NYC right away.
Set up a free consultation with our top-reviewed New York City personal injury attorneys today, and find out how Belluck & Fox will fight for the compensation you deserve.
Call our Manhattan law office today at (212) 681-1575, or fill out our online form now to learn how we can help you. You’re also welcome to visit our Midtown office at 546 Fifth Ave., 5th Floor, New York NY 10036. Or one of our compassionate attorneys can meet with you at your home or in the hospital, whatever is most convenient for you.
About the Law Firm
Belluck & Fox is a highly respected NYC law firm that has been fighting for the rights of injured and ill individuals for more than two decades. Our firm has extensive experience handling all types of personal injury claims, including asbestos and mesothelioma cases, car accidents, truck accidents, pedestrian accidents, motorcycle accidents, workplace injuries, slip & fall accidents, premises liability, product liability, nursing home abuse, construction accidents, wrongful death and many other catastrophic injury cases.
From our law office in Midtown, our firm serves residents of Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, Staten Island and surrounding areas. With offices in Rochester, Albany and Woodstock, our firm also takes on complex personal injury claims across the state, and our respected asbestos attorneys handle cases from across the United States.
About the Location
Our Belluck & Fox Manhattan law office is located at 546 Fifth Ave, Fifth Floor, New York NY 10036.
If you are traveling via subway, take the B, D, F or M to 42nd Street/Bryant Park and connect to the 5th Avenue stop for the 7 train.
If you’re using public transportation, you can get to our Midtown law office via these MTA bus lines:
- M1 (Harlem to the East Village)
- M2 (Washington Heights to the East Village)
- M3 (Fort George to the East Village)
- M4 (Penn Station to The Cloisters)
- M5 (the George Washington Bridge to South Ferry)
- Q32 (Jackson Heights to Penn Station)
Our NYC attorneys can also meet with you at your home or in the hospital to discuss your case, wherever is most convenient for you.