New York Personal Injury Attorney
Our Belluck & Fox experienced New York mesothelioma lawyers fight for the rights of people harmed in serious accidents. Our lawyers have earned a reputation for successfully helping countless individuals and families throughout New York City, New York State and nationwide.
Whether you were severely hurt on someone else’s property, on the job, in your car or elsewhere, you’ll find that our Belluck & Fox NYC trial attorneys have the experience and resources needed to help you recover money for medical bills, lost wages and future expenses related to your injuries.
How Our NYC Injury Lawyers Can Help You
Table of Contents
- 1 How Our NYC Injury Lawyers Can Help You
- 2 Why Choose Belluck & Fox Personal Injury Attorneys in New York City?
- 3 Legal Services
- 4 Client Testimonials
- 5 Top-Rated Lawyers Handling a Wide Range of Complex Injury Claims
- 6 About the Law Firm
- 7 About the Location
- 8 Frequently Asked Personal Injury Questions
- 8.1 How do you prove fault?
- 8.2 What types of compensation are available?
- 8.3 Should I accept a personal injury settlement offer from the insurance company?
- 8.4 Will I have to go to court for my personal injury lawsuit?
- 8.5 How long does a case take?
- 8.6 How much does it cost to hire an injury lawyer?
- 8.7 How long do I have to file a claim in New York state?
Your life changes after a serious injury. Debt piles up because you can’t work. You’re in pain, physically and emotionally, and you may struggle to afford top-notch medical care. Meanwhile, the insurance company is treating you like you’ve done something wrong and is refusing to step up financially.
You are left feeling helpless and overwhelmed. You need help. Our compassionate Belluck & Fox NYC accident injury lawyers can take the pressure off you. Our knowledgeable legal team will:
- Evaluate your case at no charge to you and explain your options for moving forward
- Launch an independent investigation into the cause of your injury and identify all potential sources of compensation
- Document the damages you have suffered ─ and will continue to suffer ─ as a result of your accident
- Aggressively pursue full and fair compensation for you and your family
Too often, it feels as though the law only benefits the powerful. Belluck & Fox uses the law to obtain justice for everyday New Yorkers.
To get started on your claim, call our law firm at (212) 681-1575 or send us a message. We respect your privacy, and everything you tell us will be completely confidential. Our injury attorney is always available to speak with accident victims who need help, including on weekends and after office hours.
Why Choose Belluck & Fox Personal Injury Attorneys in New York City?
- Top-rated NYC personal injury lawyers with decades of experience
- Excellent track record of success, recovering more than $1 billion for clients
- Nationally recognized attorneys for high-quality representation and compassionate customer service
- Top-reviewed and top-ranked law firm, highly recommended by former clients and fellow legal professionals
- Trusted accident attorneys always focused on your best interests
- Committed to maintaining good communication throughout the claims process
- Reasonable rates and no fee unless we recover money for your injuries
- Authorized to handle a wide range of personal injury claims
The Belluck & Fox NYC legal services recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for accident victims throughout the state. We have extensive experience successfully representing victims in a variety of practice areas including:
If you or a family member has been harmed due to someone else’s negligence, call or contact us online today to talk about your legal right to financial compensation.
At Belluck & Fox, we’ve been recognized as some of America’s top trial lawyers by Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers and Martindale-Hubbell. More importantly, we’ve been recognized by former clients for the service of helping them through a difficult period:
“I want to express my sincere thanks to you and your team for your hard work and dedication to my case, words cannot express my heartfelt gratitude in how you and your team have change our lives for the better.” – Veston Lorde
“I would like to say that everyone at Belluck & Fox is absolutely wonderful and that the culture of your company must come from the top. Our family appreciates all that you have done for us.” – former client
Top-Rated Lawyers Handling a Wide Range of Complex Injury Claims
Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
TBI can have lifelong debilitating effects, leaving the victim in an unresponsive state or dramatically impacting employment, family and all social aspects of life.
Spinal cord injury (paralysis)
Complete spinal cord damage can leave you a paraplegic (paralysis in the lower portion of the body) or quadriplegic (paralyzed from the neck down).
Limbs can be amputated in an accident or crushed so severely that they must be medically amputated after serious accidents.
Severe burns and scarring
Severe burns can be devastating and lead to scarring and disfigurement, infection, numerous surgeries, infection, loss of mobility and even loss of a limb.
Dog attacks and mauling
Approximately 4.5 million people are bitten every year – most of them children – and 27,000 undergo reconstructive surgery as a result.
Multiple broken bones from injuries can lead to serious and life-threatening complications such as vascular damage, disruption to the femoral artery, pneumonia, respiratory problems and infection.
Damage to internal organs can result from a construction accident, auto accident, fall or any other type of accident. The results of such injuries can impact a person’s life forever.
Medical malpractice injuries
Medical malpractice errors are a leading cause of injury and death in the U.S. Malpractice mistakes by physicians and others contribute to as many as 400,000 malpractice patient deaths and millions of injuries each year.
Medical errors during labor and delivery can cause serious and permanent injuries to the infant such as cerebral palsy and brachial plexus.
About the Law Firm
Belluck & Fox is a highly respected NYC personal injury law firm.We are widely recognized for taking on large corporations and insurance companies on behalf of injured clients. For more than 20 years, our firm has been serving residents of Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and Staten Island from our law office in Midtown. We also serve clients throughout the state of New York from offices in Rochester, Albany and Woodstock.
About the Location
The Belluck & Fox Manhattan law office is located in Midtown at 546 Fifth Ave, Fifth Floor, New York NY 10036. If you’re using public transportation, you can reach our Midtown office via these MTA bus lines:
- M1 (Harlem to the East Village)
- M2 (Washington Heights to the East Village)
- M3 (Fort George to the East Village)
- M4 (Penn Station to The Cloisters)
- M5 (the George Washington Bridge to South Ferry)
- Q32 (Jackson Heights to Penn Station)
You also take the subway to our office. Take the B, D, F or M to 42nd Street/Bryant Park and connect to the 5th Avenue stop for the 7 train.
Frequently Asked Personal Injury Questions
How do you prove fault?
In order to secure compensation, you must prove:
- There was negligence. (This could be on the part of a person or a company.)
- The negligence led to your suffering.
- You were physical, emotionally, or financially damaged.
Proving fault and documenting damages in an injury case is a complex process. At Belluck & Fox, our experienced personal injury attorneys have built a team of experts – medical specialists, economists, accident reconstruction pros and investigators – to consult on your case.
Armed with evidence, your injury attorney will devise a smart legal strategy to pursue the compensation needed to get your life back on track after a serious accident.
What types of compensation are available?
Depending on the circumstances in your case, our Manhattan personal injury law firm may demand compensation for:
- Existing and expected medical expenses
- Lost income, including diminished earning capacity
- Property damage, such as to your vehicle
- Pain and suffering resulting from injuries
- Punitive damages, which are meant to punish the at-fault party in cases involving extreme misconduct
To learn more about how much your claim could be worth, schedule a free consultation with us today.
Should I accept a personal injury settlement offer from the insurance company?
Do not accept a settlement offer without speaking to Belluck & Fox. Insurance companies always want to pay out as little as possible. In fact, they have teams of claims handlers and injury lawyers working for them to protect their profits.
Accepting a settlement offer without consulting an injury lawyer is not a good idea. Especially right after an accident, you may not fully know the extent of the damages you will suffer or all the facts involved in your case.
Take advantage of our free initial consultation to learn what your personal injury case is really worth and how our skilled injury lawyer will fight for maximum compensation. Reach us by phone or through our website.
Will I have to go to court for my personal injury lawsuit?
Most cases are resolved with a settlement, rather than a verdict. However, that settlement might come at the last possible minute, including in the middle of a trial.
At Belluck & Fox, our experienced accident injury law firm consists of both skilled negotiators and fierce litigators.
And we always pursue the largest possible compensation amount for our clients, whether that comes in the form of settlements or jury awards.
How long does a case take?
There’s no simple answer to that question because every case is different. When you sit down for a free, no-obligation case consultation with our attorneys, we will review the details of your claim and map out a legal strategy tailored to your needs.
How much does it cost to hire an injury lawyer?
At Belluck & Fox, it is our policy to take cases on a contingency fee basis. That means you do not pay anything upfront for us to start working on your claim, and we only collect legal fees if we recover compensation for you. A contingency fee is a percentage of your compensation and is typically one-third of your recovery.
How long do I have to file a claim in New York state?
It’s important to take legal action as soon as you are injured because New York puts a statute of limitations, or time limit, on filing personal injury claims.
You may only have 90 days to file your claim. Standard time limits are:
- Three years to file for vehicle accidents
- Three years to file a product liability claim
- Three years to file a claim for personal injury resulting from other negligence
- Three years to file a slip-and-fall claim
- Two years to file a claim for wrongful death
- One year to file a claim for assault/battery
In some cases, you may have as little as 90 days to file your claim. There are also many shorter deadlines that need to be met when filing claims through insurance companies, and failing to meet those deadlines can hurt your case.
Based on the statute of limitations, it may seem like you have plenty of time to file your claim, but remember: It takes time to build a strong case, and evidence disappears as time goes by. So the longer you wait to contact an attorney, the more difficult your case becomes.