New York Brain Injury Lawyers
A blow to the head in a construction site accident can forever change or destroy a person’s life. Mental capacity can be diminished or erased. Personalities can be lost. And families often face a mountain of medical bills that only grows higher with the cost of long-term treatment.
Brain Injury from a New York Construction Site Accident
Table of Contents
- 1 Brain Injury from a New York Construction Site Accident
- 2 Compensation for Brain Injuries
- 3 Brain Injury Symptoms
- 4 Common Causes of Brain Injuries
- 5 Call The Top Rated Personal Injury Attorneys at Belluck & Fox For Help With Your Brain Injury Accident Claim
- 6 Common Types of Head and Brain Injuries
- 7 Don’t Try to Cope with a Brain Injury on Your Own
If you or a loved one is suffering the potentially lifelong consequences of someone else’s mistake, you can count on the experienced New York brain injury lawyers at Belluck & Fox to fight for the compensation you deserve. For more than 20 years, clients have trusted Belluck & Fox because our attorneys are:
- Successful litigators who have secured more than $1 billion for injured people and their families.
- Strategic negotiators who understand the nuances of our clients’ cases and back up our arguments with strong evidence. As one client noted about partner Jordan Fox: He “did a tremendous amount of research and helped to settle our case without the high cost of court!”
- Compassionate individuals who show our clients the sensitivity and respect they deserve during what may be the toughest thing they will go through in life. As one client said about partner Joseph Belluck: “He was first of all comforting … so I didn’t feel that my husband was just ‘one of many clients’ but that Joseph cared to find out who my husband was.”
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation on your construction accident injury case. We do not charge anything upfront to get started on your claim, and we only collect legal fees if and when we recover compensation for you.
Compensation for Brain Injuries
Because these injuries can be so serious, insurance companies may approach you immediately with a quick brain injury settlement offer. This is not an act of kindness. This is an effort to avoid a brain damage lawsuit by getting you to sign your rights away before you know how deeply this injury is going to affect you.
At Belluck & Fox, we have decades of experience negotiating with ruthless insurance companies and fighting for the rights of construction accident victims in court. When we take your case, we will thoroughly assess the damages you have suffered and will continue to suffer. Depending on the circumstances, we may demand:
- Payment for medical bills, including compensation for future rehabilitative treatment, long-term care, counseling, medications, and mobility devices
- Payment for lost wages, factoring in whether you will be able to work in the future or if you will be forced to take a lower-paying job
- Compensation for the physical, emotional, and psychological pain and suffering you are dealing with
- Punitive damages, which are awarded in some cases to punish the at-fault party for extreme misconduct
Calculating how much compensation you will need after a brain injury can be extremely complicated, and workers’ compensation is limited in what it covers. That’s why you need to discuss your options with our knowledgeable New York traumatic brain injury lawyers today.
Brain Injury Symptoms
Many head injuries can be visually grisly. However, others are not evident at first glance. In fact, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration refers to traumatic brain injuries (TBI) as “the silent epidemic” because complications may not be obvious to the eye.
If you have suffered (or suspect you have suffered) a head injury, watch out for symptoms such as:
- Loss of consciousness
- Feeling dazed or confused
- Problems remembering or concentrating
- Feeling dizzy or off balance
- Loss of coordination
- Feeling tired or sleepier than usual
- Having trouble sleeping
- Changes in vision, hearing, taste, or smell
- Sensitivity to light or sound
- Dilated pupils
- Slurred speech
- Clear fluid coming from the nose or ears
- Convulsions or seizures
- Numbness in fingers and toes
- Mood swings
After a serious construction accident, it is important that you seek medical attention right away, whether you are experiencing symptoms or not. You can risk injuring yourself further if you do not receive timely treatment.
Common Causes of Brain Injuries
At Belluck & Fox, we work with clients who have suffered brain injuries in all types of serious construction accidents. The most common causes of brain injuries, according to the Mayo Clinic, include:
- Auto accidents,such as those that occur in construction zones
- Falls,which can be from one level to another or a result of slipping or tripping at ground level
- Violent acts,which shouldn’t but sometimes do occur on construction sites
If you are coping with a brain injury due to another party’s negligence or dangerous behavior, you need to speak with one of our compassionate New York personal injury attorneys as soon as possible. Contact us today to schedule a free case consultation.
Call The Top Rated Personal Injury Attorneys at Belluck & Fox For Help With Your Brain Injury Accident Claim
- Top-rated NYC brain injury attorneys with more than 20 years of experience
- Demanding maximum compensation for preventable brain injuries
Common Types of Head and Brain Injuries
The brain is a complicated organ that can be injured in many different ways. Some of the common types of head and brain injuries include:
- Open head injuries, in which the skull is punctured
- Closed head injuries, in which the skull isn’t fractured so the brain doesn’t have room to expand as it swells
- Concussions, which can range from mild to severe
- Contusions, which leave the brain bruised or bleeding
- Coup-contrecoup injuries, in which the head is slammed back and forth, inflicting multiple contusions on the brain
- Diffuse axonal injuries, in which the skull is forcefully shaken or rotated around the brain, damaging tissue and disrupting neurological and chemical functions
Don’t Try to Cope with a Brain Injury on Your Own
Brain injuries can affect the way a person interacts with loved ones and the rest of the world – in some cases making that interaction impossible. This physical damage can leave a person struggling to enjoy even the simplest things in life.
If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury in a serious construction accident, you need a dedicated advocate who will fight for your rights. Schedule a free consultation today to learn how the NYC brain injury attorneys at Belluck & Fox will stand up for you. We have locations at New York City, Woodstock, Albany and Rochester.