Dependable Back Injury Attorneys in New York - Let them help you with your case
When you’ve seriously injured your back or damaged your spinal cord in a construction accident, the pain can be unbearable or, worse, you could suffer from partial or complete paralysis. In addition to the stomach-turning doctor’s bills, you’ll likely also be missing paychecks and struggling to make arrangements for ongoing therapy and care. Then there’s the difficult realization that your life will never be the same again.
Our seasoned attorneys are widely recognized for:
- More than two decades of experience going to battle for people who have been seriously hurt due to negligence on the part of another individual or a company
- Securing more than $1 billion in compensation for our injured clients and their families
- A compassionate approach to customer service, with the goal of making the legal process as easy as possible for you and your family
Schedule a free consultation today and let our skilled New York back injury lawyers review the details of your case. We will go over all your options for pursuing compensation and explain the next steps in the legal process. You can visit our offices located at New York City, Albany, Rochester and Woodstock.
How a Lawyer Can Help with Your Back or Spinal Cord Injury Case
Table of Contents
- 1 How a Lawyer Can Help with Your Back or Spinal Cord Injury Case
- 2 Call The Top Rated Personal Injury Attorneys at Belluck & Fox For Help With Your Back Injury Accident Claim
- 3 Compensation in Back and Spinal Cord Injury Cases
- 4 Common Causes of Back and Spinal Cord Injuries
- 5 Back and Spinal Cord Injury Treatments
- 6 Contact Belluck & Fox for a Free Consultation
After our initial consultation with you, we will get to work compiling all the evidence necessary to build a strong case. You can count on our skilled legal team to:
- Immediately launch an investigation into the construction accident that led to your injury. Our goal is to determine the cause of the accident and who should be held responsible. Depending on the circumstances in your case, the liable party may be the property owner or manager, a contractor or subcontractor on the job, the manufacturer of defective equipment, or a driver or auto insurance company.
- Enlist our vast team of experts to consult on your claim. Evidence and expert testimony will likely be crucial to proving your claim for compensation. We may turn to a professional to reconstruct the accident scene, a medical expert to determine the extent of your injuries, or financial specialists to estimate the toll this injury will take on you overall.
- Protect you from contentious communications with the liable party. You should not be hounded by insurance adjusters when you’re trying to cope with such a severe injury. Our attorneys will manage all the details of your case, including negotiating aggressively for the compensation you deserve.
- Prepare for trial even during settlement negotiations. Many cases will end up with a full and fair settlement offer, but our litigators will be prepared to see your case through to a verdict if the at-fault party tries to shortchange you.
To discuss the details of your case and learn what type of compensation you may be entitled to, schedule a free consultation with our New York back injury lawyers today.
Call The Top Rated Personal Injury Attorneys at Belluck & Fox For Help With Your Back Injury Accident Claim
- NYC back injury attorneys providing high-quality representation and personalized service
- Consistently recommended by former clients and fellow legal professionals
- Committed to maintaining good communication with clients throughout the legal process
- Free consultation, no charge unless our law firm recovers money for you
Compensation in Back and Spinal Cord Injury Cases
Insurance companies know how expensive it can be to treat a back injury in the long run, and they may approach you immediately with a settlement offer. They want you to sign away your rights before you know how this injury will really affect you. Do not sign anything from the insurance company without talking to an experienced lawyer.
At Belluck & Fox, we have extensive experience dealing with insurance companies’ aggressive tactics. And we take pride in thoroughly documenting your claim so we can demand the maximum compensation you deserve. Depending on the details in your case, we may pursue:
- Payment for past and future medical bills
- Payment for lost wages, including diminished earning capacity in the future
- Awards for the pain and suffering you have been through
- Punitive damages, which can be used to punish the at-fault party for extreme misconduct
Your employer may tell you to simply file a workers’ compensation claim, but you may be entitled to much more.
Common Causes of Back and Spinal Cord Injuries
Back and spinal cord injuries can be the result of a number of different types of construction accidents. However, the Mayo Clinic reports that the top two causes of back and spinal cord injuries are auto accidents and falling objects, both of which are common risks on construction sites.
If someone else’s careless, negligent, or dangerous actions led to your injury, you need to speak with an experienced attorney about your legal options for pursuing compensation. Schedule a free consultation today with our New York back injury lawyers to discuss how we can help.
Back and Spinal Cord Injury Treatments
The severity of a back injury dictates the complexity, length, and effectiveness of treatment, which can include painful and difficult physical and occupational therapy as well as vocational rehabilitation. Partial or full paralysis is possible.
Common treatments for back injuries include:
- Surgery (which could be repeated in the years to come)
- Braces or casts
- Occupational and physical therapy
- Pain medication and steroid injections
- Chiropractor visits
Recovery, both the degree and the time it takes, is unique to each person. Even people with back injuries that don’t involve spinal cord damage can face a long and arduous recovery. These back injuries include tears, sprains, and strains of muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
Whether you are suffering from a spinal cord injury or other back injury, you can expect to face large and ongoing medical bills.
Contact Belluck & Fox for a Free Consultation
Don’t try to fight the big insurance companies on your own. Schedule a free consultation today to discuss how the experienced New York back injury attorneys at Belluck & Fox will go to battle for the full and fair compensation you deserve.
You can also take comfort in the fact that our NYC injury law firm does not charge anything upfront to get started on your construction accident case. Instead, we only collect attorneys’ fees if and when we secure compensation for you.