Top-Ranked Burn Injury Attorneys in New York - WE WILL FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS
A burn is one of the worst construction injuries to recover from – painful, damaging, and slow to heal. When burns happen, the pain can be disabling, the damage can be permanent and crippling, and the emotional and financial effects can be overwhelming.
Burn Injury from a New York Construction Site Accident
Table of Contents
- 1 Burn Injury from a New York Construction Site Accident
- 2 Compensation We Fight for After a Burn Injury
- 3 Common Causes of Burn Injuries
- 4 What to Expect After a Burn Injury
- 5 Common Types of Burn Injuries
- 6 Contact Belluck & Fox for a Free Consultation
- 7 Call The Top Rated Personal Injury Attorneys at Belluck & Fox For Help With Your Burn Injury Accident Claim
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a burn accident on a construction site, you need to speak with one of the skilled New York burn injury attorneys at Belluck & Fox, LLP. Our dedicated team has more than two decades of experience fighting for the rights of injured people, and we are committed to fighting for justice for you.
Year after year, clients choose Belluck & Fox because:
- Our successful litigators have recovered more than $1 billion in verdicts and settlements for our deserving clients.
- Our seasoned attorneys are nationally known for our sharp legal skills, having been recognized in Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers, and Martindale Hubbell.
- Our team is made up of compassionate individuals who are always sensitive to our clients’ needs. As one client said of firm partner Joseph Belluck: “He was first of all comforting … so I didn’t feel that my husband was just ‘one of many clients’ but that Joseph cared to find out who my husband was.”
Contact us now to schedule a free consultation, and let us walk you through what to expect in your burn injury case. We will discuss your claim in detail, who could be held accountable, and what types of compensation we will pursue for you. You can also visit our New York Law Office today.
Compensation We Fight for After a Burn Injury
Every construction injury case we handle is unique, and the compensation you deserve will depend both on the economic damages of your injury (measurable items such as medical bills, lost income, and property damage) as well as the noneconomic damages (such as the pain and suffering you have endured).
Depending on the circumstances of your case, our dedicated New York burn injury attorneys may demand:
- Payment for medical bills, both those you have already been saddled with and those you will incur in the future
- Compensation for lost wages and diminished earning capacity if you are no longer able to do the same work you did before
- Awards for the physical and emotional pain and suffering you have been put through
- Punitive damages, which are meant to punish the at-fault party for extreme misconduct
Don’t let your boss tell you that filing a workers’ compensation claim is your only option. Learn more about how much compensation you may be entitled to by scheduling a free consultation with our dedicated legal team. Contact us today to get started on your claim.
Common Causes of Burn Injuries
A wide variety of construction site accidents can lead to serious burn injuries. Some of the most common causes include:
- Dangerous equipment and products
- Building fires
- Faulty electrical wiring
- Working too close to power lines
- Auto accidents in construction zones
Unfortunately, so many of these construction site accidents could be prevented, saving people from needless suffering. However, if an accident like this has happened, leaving you or a loved one struggling to recover, contact the skilled New York burn injury lawyers at Belluck & Fox today. Let us review your case for free and discuss all your options for pursuing the compensation you deserve.
What to Expect After a Burn Injury
Recovery from burns depends on the degree of the injury and how much damage it has caused. Burns are typically classified as:
- First degree, affecting the outermost layer of skin (the epidermis). These are the least serious types of burns, in which skin may be red and painful. However, healing usually occurs in three to five days. Patients may be treated for pain management and fluid loss.
- Second degree, affecting the top layer of skin and layers underneath (the dermis). These burns are pink or red and painful. They can require two to three weeks to heal, and a skin graft may be necessary.
- Third degree, affecting all of the skin’s layers and the tissues underneath (subcutaneous tissues). Theses burns are black or white and can seem leathery. Healing can take months, and scarring is extremely likely.
- Fourth degree, in which the burn goes all the way down to the muscle or bone. Healing can take a long time, and permanent problems are likely. Amputation may also be considered.
Recovering from a burn injury is especially risky due to the potential for dangerous infections. Victims may require extensive treatments and protections to help them heal properly.
Common Types of Burn Injuries
People typically think of burns as being cause by an open flame, such as in a house fire. However, there are several different types of burns. For example:
- Thermal burns happen when a person is exposed to heat energy. They could be caused by a hot stove or an open flame.
- Scalding burns are those that come from steam or hot liquids.
- Chemical burns come from substances such as acids, paint thinners, and drain cleaners, which also pose a threat to internal organs from inhalation of fumes.
- Electrical burns result from sources such as outlets, wiring, and lightning.
- Radiation burns come from tanning booths, the sun, X-rays, radiation treatment for cancer, and exposure to nuclear material.
Contact Belluck & Fox for a Free Consultation
When you are dealing with a life-altering injury due to a construction accident, the last thing you should be worried about is how you can afford to pay your bills. Let the dedicated New York burn injury attorneys at Belluck & Fox, LLP assess your case for free and map out a strategy for pursuing full and fair compensation for you.
Call The Top Rated Personal Injury Attorneys at Belluck & Fox For Help With Your Burn Injury Accident Claim
- Top-rated New York burn injury attorneys with more than two decades of experience
- Respected lawyers with a track record of securing more than $1 billion for deserving clients
- Highly recommended by clients and fellow legal professionals
Schedule a free consultation today with our NYC injury attorneys to get started on your case.