Trusted Amputation Injury Lawyers in New York - We Know Your Rights
Losing a body part in a serious construction accident changes a person’s life forever. People who suffer traumatic amputations in equipment malfunctions, vehicle crashes, and other horrible accidents often must cope with severe lifestyle changes, not to mention the staggering medical bills and other ongoing expenses related to this terrible type of injury.
Amputation Injury from a New York Construction Site Accident
Table of Contents
If you or a loved one has suffered an amputation as a result of someone else’s negligent actions on a construction site, you deserve to be compensated. The New York amputation injury lawyers at Belluck & Fox are nationally recognized for:
- A long track record of success. Our skilled litigators have racked up decades of experience while securing more than $1 billion in compensation for our clients and their families.
- In-depth knowledge of the insurance industry. Our seasoned attorneys know how large insurance companies will try to bully and short-change the little guys, and we will fight fiercely for the full and fair compensation you deserve.
- Compassion during times of great loss. We know that you are going through an unbelievably difficult time, and we are committed to staying sensitive to your needs throughout this process.
Contact us now to schedule a free consultation, and let our dedicated amputation injury attorneys assess your case. We do not charge anything to get started on your claim, and we only collect attorneys’ fees if and when we recover compensation for you.
Compensation for Traumatic Amputation Victims
When considering the toll a lifechanging injury such as a traumatic amputation will take on your life, you know that the initial hospital bills are only the tip of the iceberg. You will likely face intense rehabilitation and many follow-up doctor’s visits. Then there are the missed paychecks, along with the possibility that you may never be able to work again or enjoy life like you did before.
Our New York traumatic amputation attorneys will take into account every way this injury has affected you as we build a strong case for maximum compensation. And you should know that in many cases, construction workers are not limited to the confines of workers’ compensation benefits.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, we may demand:
- Payment for past and future medical bills, including any medications or assistive mobility devices you may need
- Compensation to make modifications to your home if they are necessary after your injury
- Payment for lost income, as well as your reduced earning potential for the future
- Damages for pain and suffering
- Punitive damages, which are meant to punish the at-fault party in cases of extreme misconduct
If an insurance company approaches you about amputation compensation, do not make any statements or sign anything without talking to a lawyer. The insurance companies are not looking out for your bests interests. That’s why you need a skilled New York amputation injury lawyer on your side to fight for the justice you deserve.
Common Causes of Traumatic Amputations
Traumatic amputation is the loss of a body part resulting from a tragic accident. Traumatic amputations typically happen in the form of a “crush,” “guillotine,” or “avulsion” injury. Common causes include:
- Motor vehicle accidents, which frequently occur at roadside construction sites, are the most common cause of traumatic amputations.
- Industrial accidents at construction sites and manufacturing locations are the second-most common cause.
- Doors (usually slammed) and power tools are the cause of many finger amputations.
The knowledgeable New York personal injury attorneys at Belluck & Fox work with people who are coping with all manner of traumatic amputations ─ leg amputations, foot amputations, arm amputations, hand amputations, and finger amputations. We thoroughly investigate the cause of the construction accident that led to the amputation so we can identify every party that may be held liable.
If you or a loved one has suffered a traumatic amputation on the job and want to discuss your options for compensation, do not hesitate to contact us. An initial consultation with our attorneys is always free.
What to Expect After a Traumatic Amputation
In general, traumatic amputations are “lower limb” or “upper limb.” Upper-limb amputations can range from a fingertip to the collar bone once all the necessary surgeries are completed. Lower limb can involve simply a pinky toe or include up to the pelvis and hip. The loss of an ear, nose, or eye can also present huge psychological and physical hurdles.
The more serious the injury, the harder it is to adapt. After you have received initial treatment for a traumatic amputation, you may need:
- Wound care to prevent infection
- Occupational or physical therapy
- Fitting for a prosthesis if possible
- Multiple follow-up surgeries
- Psychological treatment
- Pain management
- Vocational counseling
- Family counseling
Post-traumatic stress disorder and phantom pain in the missing limb or limbs are among the many psychological and physical woes a traumatic amputation victim can face. In addition, a patient may need to make radical lifestyle changes such as modified housing and alternative transportation.
This is a steep price to pay for someone else’s negligence. Let the dedicated New York amputation injury lawyers at Belluck & Fox fight for the compensation you need and the justice you deserve.
Contact Belluck & Fox for a Free Consultation
During this difficult time in your life, the last thing you should be worried about is how you can afford to pay your bills. You should be focused on your health. Let us focus on the fight for compensation.
Schedule a free consultation today to discuss what types of compensation we may be able to pursue for you. Our dedicated NYC injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, which means you won’t pay legal fees upfront. We only collect legal fees if and when we recover compensation in your case.