At Belluck & Fox, LLP, our seasoned attorneys have spent more than two decades fighting for the rights of injured workers. During that time, we have secured more than $1 billion in compensation for injured clients and families who have lost loved ones. We are proud to have dedicated our careers to standing up for the rights of individuals who are hurt by negligence on the part of large companies.
Please do not hesitate to contact us to learn what types of compensation you may be entitled to after a construction site accident. Crush injuries can require costly long-term treatment, not to mention the time you’ll have to miss from work. So call or fill out our online form today to schedule a free case consultation, and let us get started on your claim.
Table of Contents
Common Causes of Crush Injuries on New York Construction Sites
Crush injuries are a constant risk for construction workers who frequently work around large machines, heavy equipment, moving vehicles, and large loads being lifted into the air. Some of the common causes of construction sites accidents include:
- Improper storage of materials in tiers, resulting in sliding, falling, or collapsing
- Objects falling from heights
- Getting caught in the moving parts of machines
- Accidents involving large vehicles such as forklifts and cranes
- Collapsed structures or trenches
- Lack of barriers or hazard signs to keep workers away from dangerous areas
- Failure to conduct regular hazard assessments of the worksite
- Lack of training or improper protective gear and equipment for those who do trenching and excavation work
Many crush injury could have been prevented had proper precautions been taken to protect workers. When you choose to work with the knowledgeable New York construction accident attorneys at Belluck & Fox, we will launch an investigation into the cause of your crush injury and identify every potentially liable party.
Compensation for Crush Injuries
Construction sites are different from other workplaces because there are so many companies and parties involved ─ property owners, managers, contractors, subcontractors, delivery drivers, etc. In many construction crush accidents, the at-fault party is someone other than your employer, meaning you are entitled to pursue damages beyond workers’ compensation benefits. In addition, if your crush injury was caused by a scaffold accident, fall or a falling object, you may be entitled to pursue compensation under New York’s Scaffold Law.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, our dedicated New York construction accident attorneys may pursue:
- Compensation for medical bills, including those you may incur in the future
- Payment for lost wages, with consideration for whether you will be able to return to the same job you had before the accident
- Awards for physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Punitive damages, which can be awarded in cases involving extreme misconduct
If you lost a loved one in a crush accident on a construction site, you may be entitled to pursue compensation through a wrongful death claim.
Schedule a free consultation with our compassionate New York construction accidents lawyers at Belluck & Fox today to discuss the details of your case and learn how we can help.
Common Crush Accident Injuries
It’s a sobering reality that construction workers frequently risk being crushed by massive equipment or falling materials. Often times, these types of injures are extremely severe and require long-term treatment. Some of the common types of construction crush injury include:
- Traumatic amputations
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Crushed and broken bones
- Injuries to internal organs
- Sprains, strains, cuts, and bruises
In the worst cases, crush injury can be fatal. If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a construction site crush accident, contact us now to schedule a free case consultation.
New York Construction Accident Crush Injuries Contact Belluck & Fox for a Free Consultation
At Belluck & Fox, our dedicated New York personal injury attorneys stand strong for the rights of workers and their families. We are committed to holding large corporations and their insurance companies accountable when workers are injured or killed due to negligence on the jobsite. Our skilled legal team will:
- Conduct an independent investigation into the cause of your accident
- Identify who should be held liable for the injuries you suffered
- Thoroughly document the ways in which your injuries have affected you and will continue to affect you for the weeks, months, or years to come
- Fight fiercely for the compensation you deserve
Be aware that New York limits the amount of time you have to file a construction accident lawsuit. So schedule a free, no-obligation case consultation with our knowledgeable legal team now.
We do not charge any legal fees upfront to start working on your construction accident claim. In fact, we only collect attorneys’ fees if and when we recover compensation for you. Call or fill out our online form to tell us more about your accident and set up a time to speak with one of our dedicated personal injury attorneys at Belluck & Fox now. We have locations at The Capital District, New York, Rochester and Woodstock.