About Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice cases are complex and occur when a hospital, doctor, or other healthcare professional causes injury to a patient through negligence. While examples of medical errors and medical malpractice lawsuits can be found below, medical negligence is generally defined as a healthcare provider’s failure to take proper care in performing necessary service.
It is our mission to ensure that you and your loved ones feel supported when something goes wrong. Everyone who receives medical care expects that they will not endure injuries when they are at their most vulnerable.
When you need a medical malpractice lawyer, turn to the New York law office that has fought for decades for our clients and their families. Whether you are concerned about the actions of a New York doctor or medical professional anywhere in the United States, you may have a case that could result in compensation through settlement or trial.
Common examples of medical errors and medical malpractice lawsuits include:
- Birth injuries and negligent prenatal care
- Cancer misdiagnosis
- Cerebral Palsy
- Clinics and Emergency Department negligence
- Erbs palsy
- Failure to diagnose
- Failure to order proper testing
- Failure to recognize symptoms
- Failure to properly sterilize instruments resulting in infection/injury
- Hospital negligence
- Misdiagnosed and diagnosis errors
- Misreading or ignoring laboratory results
- Nurse error
- Nursing home negligence
- Patient history disregarded or not taken appropriately
- Performing a surgery/procedure without consent
- Poor follow-up or aftercare
- Poor sanitation
- Premature discharge
- Prescription and medication errors
- Psychiatric malpractice
- Radiology errors
- Surgical errors, unnecessary surgery, or wrong site surgery
- Wrongful death lawsuit
- and other serious medical malpractice injuries
Why You Should Choose the NY Medical Malpractice Attorneys at Belluck & Fox
Table of Contents
- 1 What To Ask About Medical Negligence Lawsuits – FAQs
- 1.1 Can I file a malpractice lawsuit for my injury?
- 1.2 What will I be asked during my initial consultation?
- 1.3 How much does it cost to hire a malpractice lawyer?
- 1.4 When should I pursue legal action?
- 1.5 How long does it take to resolve a medical malpractice lawsuit?
- 1.6 What should be my first steps?
When you reach out to us, an experienced medical malpractice lawyer will provide you with a free case evaluation and free lawyer consultation.
If we determine that you have a case and agree to represent you, we do so on a contingency fee – no win, no fee.
We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients and their families. We encourage you to reach out today – as with most litigation, medical malpractice cases have varying statutes of limitations.
What To Ask About Medical Negligence Lawsuits – FAQs
Can I file a malpractice lawsuit for my injury?
During your initial free consultation with our law firm, we will perform a free evaluation of your case.
What will I be asked during my initial consultation?
While every case is different, examples of questions you may be asked by one of our attorneys during a consultation include:
- What happened to you or your loved one as a result of a negligent medical professional?
- When did this happen?
- What treatment was initially sought?
- Where did the negligence or malpractice occur?
- How are you doing now? Have you made a full recovery? Are you still seeking treatment?
- Who are your new doctors or medical professionals?
Potential clients do not need to have their medical records in order to have a consultation and you do not need to know all of the doctors and nurses names that were involved in the negligence. It can be overwhelming when you are in the hospital and see so many doctors and nurses, especially when you are in pain and medicated. At Belluck & Fox, our attorneys can help find out and determine which medical providers were negligent.
How much does it cost to hire a malpractice lawyer?
At Belluck & Fox, your initial consultation is free. If we agree to represent you in your lawsuit, we will discuss with you the rates that are involved if we win. We only get a fee if you receive compensation.
When should I pursue legal action?
If you think that you might have a case, the time to act is now. Every state has a statute of limitations that restricts how much time is allowed to pass before you take legal action. Because every moment counts during a lawsuit, we encourage you to reach out to start the process as soon as possible.
How long does it take to resolve a medical malpractice lawsuit?
The length of a lawsuit depends on many factors including the type of injury, the evidence available to prove fault, the willingness of the negligent party to engage in negotiation, whether or not the lawsuit needs to go to trial, and many other factors. Our law office is committed to moving through the process as quickly as possible to get you and your family justice.
What should be my first steps?
Contact Belluck & Fox today. After doing so, our lawyers will guide you through determining what information you need to gather, what actions you may need to take, and will explain every step of the process.