Top-ranked Aggressive truck driver accident attorneys in New York - You Can Count On Us
If you or a family member has been hurt in an accident caused by a truck driver, contact our experienced personal injury attorneys today. At Belluck & Fox, our top lawyers for accidents involving trucks have secured almost $1 billion in compensation in complex personal injury and wrongful death claims. We know what it takes to fight deep-pocketed insurance companies and trucking firms, and we stand ready to fight for you now.
Schedule a free consultation today to discuss the details of your case, and learn how we can help you.
Common Types of Aggressive Driving Among Truckers
Table of Contents
All too often, our attorneys hear from victims of trucking accidents that were caused by negligent or aggressive drivers. There is no excuse for aggressive driving, especially by trained professionals who should understand the serious risks and deadly consequences.
Nonetheless, some of the common causes of negligent or aggressive driving crashes we see among commercial drivers include:
- Tailgating or following too closely
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions
- Changing lanes suddenly and without signaling
- Cutting off other drivers
- Failing to slow down or brake properly
- Running red lights or stop signs and failing to yield
- Using drugs, or stimulants, to stay awake, which can cause aggressive behavior
- Swerving from lane to lane
- Frustration due to unfamiliarity with local roads
- Cargo shifts due to aggressive maneuvering
- Frustration at traffic congestion
- Failing to slow down in a construction zone
- Road rage actions aimed at intimidating or scaring other drivers
- Irritation due to conversations on the cell phone or with passengers
A reckless truck driver can cause a catastrophic accident and leave a trail of victims in his wake. These drivers and the trucking companies that employ them need to be held responsible for their aggressive actions. Call or contact our NYC truck accident law firm online now to talk about what types of compensation you may be entitled to receive after a serious semi-truck accident.
Proving Negligence in Truck Accident Cases
Unfortunately, after any type of motor vehicle accident, crucial evidence can quickly be cleaned up, lost or destroyed. It is important that you take immediate action to hire a skilled truck accident attorney who can preserve the evidence to support your claim for compensation.
When you contact the dedicated truck accident lawyers at Belluck & Fox, our team will launch an extensive investigation to determine the cause of your wreck. Some of the evidence we will collect to help prove driver negligence may include:
- Accident reports from the police, sheriff’s office, highway patrol, or other law enforcement agency
- Information from the truck’s “black box,” or electronic data recorder (EDR)
- Statements from any witnesses to the crash
- Hours of Service (HOS) logs for the truck driver
- The trucker’s cellphone records
- Photos from the scene of the wreck, including pictures of the vehicles and any relevant road conditions, as well as photos of your injuries
- Any available surveillance video from traffic cameras or businesses along the crash route
- Dash cam footage
- Safety records for every company that has been involved in that truck’s operation
- An analysis from an accident reconstruction expert who has inspected the crash scene
In addition to gathering evidence to build a strong case against the liable party(s), we will also thoroughly document the extent of your injuries and how they are affecting you. Oftentimes, our legal team will consult with medical specialists, economists, and life care planners to estimate how an injury will affect a truck accident victim over the course of his or her lifetime.
Our goal in gathering all this evidence is to craft a comprehensive, well-supported claim for maximum compensation. Our team will pursue payment for your past and future medical bills, lost wages and diminished earning capacity, property damage, and the pain and suffering you have endured.
Talk to Our Experienced Truck Accident Attorneys Today
If you or a family member has been injured in a serious crash, the New York truck accident lawyers at Belluck & Fox have the skills and the resources to fight for the compensation you need to move forward with your life. Our compassionate legal team has been recognized for our success by Best Lawyers, Martindale Hubbell, and Super Lawyers.
When you contact our law firm, you can trust our experienced truck accident attorneys to:
- Quickly evaluate your claim and design a thoughtful legal strategy aimed at recovering full and fair compensation
- Identify every potentially liable party, which may include the truck’s driver, the truck’s owner, the trucking company, the company that loaded the truck’s cargo, the company that maintains the vehicle, etc.
- Provide a skilled team of medical specialists, accident reconstruction experts, and financial professionals who can demonstrate what exactly caused the wreck and how your injuries are affecting your life
- Negotiate aggressively with the insurance companies while also preparing for a courtroom fight in case the responsible parties refuse to offer a full and fair settlement
- Always treat you and your family with the respect, compassion and individualized attention you deserve
Contact us today to set up a free case consultation with one of our highly respected New York truck accident lawyers.
With offices in NYC, Woodstock, Rochester, and Albany, our law firm serves truck accident victims from across the state. Our dedicated NYC personal injury attorneys can meet with you in your home or in the hospital, wherever is most convenient for you. Our goal is to take the burden of filing a legal claim off of you, so you can focus on what’s most important ─ your health.