Common Workplace Accidents in Albany
Table of Contents
Common Workplace Accidents in Albany, New York
Most people tend to associate workplace accidents with dangerous environments. In reality, injuries can and do happen in any workplace — from construction sites to factory floors to office buildings.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), approximately 140,000 job-related injuries and illnesses are reported in New York each year. Whether you a firefighter or a teacher, there is a possibility that you could be injured on the job.
The Albany, NY workplace injury lawyers at Belluck & Fox know that on-the-job accidents can have life-changing consequences. If you or a loved one was injured at work, compensation is possible to help with medical costs and other accident-related hardships.
Contact us today to learn more about your rights to compensation.
Most Common Workplace Accidents and injuries
Employers have a responsibility to create a safe workplace, but many fall short of this obligation. While workplace accidents come in a number of different forms, there are certain types of incidents that seem to occur again and again.
Our top-rated workers’ compensation lawyers have extensive experience representing injured employees in Albany and throughout New York. Some of the most common workplace accidents and workplace injuries include:
- Overexertion injuries
- Slip and fall accidents/trip and fall accidents
- Muscle strains
- Back injuries
- Being struck by falling objects
- Machinery accidents
- Motor vehicle collisions
- Repetitive stress injuries (e.g., carpal tunnel syndrome)
What to Do If You’ve Been Injured
In the unfortunate event that you are hurt on the job in New York, it is crucial that you take the appropriate steps to protect your wellbeing and your ability to obtain full and fair workers’ compensation payments. Injured workers should be sure to do the following four things:
- Seek immediate medical attention. All work injuries should be examined by a licensed physician.
- Report your workplace accident to your immediate supervisor. Under New York’s workers’ compensation laws, injured workers are required to notify their employer as soon as possible after an accident.
- Complete the official workers’ compensation form (Employee Claim Form C-3). You must fill out and submit this form in order to recover benefits.
- Be ready to seek legal guidance. If your workplace injury claim is denied or you do not know how to proceed, you should speak to an experienced Albany workers’ compensation attorney right away.
Injured Workers Face Mounting Costs
All employers should take proactive steps to promote workplace safety and decrease the likelihood of accidents. If your company is cutting corners on safety, that is not acceptable. Action should be taken.
When accidents occur, it is the injured workers who are forced to bear high costs. Beyond the medical bills, injured workers often miss a considerable amount of time on the job.
A New York workers’ compensation settlement should provide full coverage for an injured employee’s medical treatment. It should include financial support for lost wages and other damages.
Contact Our Experienced Workers’ Compensation Attorneys Today
At Belluck & Fox, our workers’ compensation lawyers are strong advocates for injured workers. If you or someone you love was hurt on the job, our skilled attorneys have the knowledge and resources necessary to prepare a strong claim for maximum benefits. For a free and confidential consultation, please contact our law firm now.