Table of Contents
Know What You and Your Family Can Expect in Asbestos Litigation
Asbestos litigation is a complex legal area that requires a vast amount of experience and resources.
Belluck & Fox asbestos attorneys are nationally recognized for the high-quality representation and outstanding results we have obtained for clients diagnosed with mesothelioma, lung cancer, asbestosis, and other asbestos-related diseases.
With more than 20 years of experience, our seasoned asbestos litigators have secured more than $1 billion for clients in the form of courtroom verdicts, settlements, and asbestos trust fund claims. But in the end, we measure our success by our clients’ satisfaction. As one client told us:
“I thank all of you for the many hours of hard work you put into John´s case. It must be so rewarding to know that someone was compensated for the negligence and deceit in knowingly allowing Asbestos products to be sold and used… Please keep doing what you are doing knowing that what you are doing is a worthwhile cause.”
Schedule a free, no-obligation case consultation with our knowledgeable New York mesothelioma attorneys at Belluck & Fox, LLP today to discuss what types of compensation you may be entitled to.
A partner in our firm will call you within 24 hours to discuss your claim and answer any questions you have about the asbestos litigation process. Visit our Law firm in New York City and Albany.
How We Build a Strong Case
The first steps in building a strong asbestos claim involve in-depth research and evidence gathering. When you choose to work with the dedicated asbestos attorneys at Belluck & Fox, we will put every resource we have into conducting a thorough investigation in support of your claim.
You can expect:
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, lung cancer, or another asbestos-related disease, contact us today to schedule a free consultation on your claim.
What Is the Process for Filing an Asbestos Lawsuit?
After we have conducted a thorough investigation of your case, gathered extensive evidence, and identified every potentially liable asbestos company, we will review all your options for demanding compensation.
Some cases may require filing claims with asbestos trust funds. Others may result in asbestos settlement payouts. If your case goes to trial, here is what you can expect:
- Our New York asbestos attorneys will file a complaint with the court that names the companies we intend to hold responsible for your illness. (Note that an asbestos lawsuit is usually not filed against the military or your old employer. Rather, these asbestos lawsuits are filed against the manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, and/or installers of asbestos products.)
- Our team will exchange information with the defendants as part of the discovery process. As part of this process, you also will give your testimony at a deposition. But you will not have to go to court to testify. Our asbestos lawyers can make arrangements that are more convenient for you.
- The next step may include negotiating settlements with the defendant(s) or arguing your case before a judge and jury. Most asbestos companies want to avoid the risk of going to trial, so many claims settle before reaching a jury verdict. No matter what happens in your case, you can trust that our asbestos attorneys will thoroughly discuss all your options for demanding maximum compensation.
- If you are awarded compensation in a jury verdict, the asbestos company may appeal. Our full-service asbestos law firm has extensive experience winning major appeals.
How Long Does an Asbestos Lawsuit Take?
For people who are suffering from mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases, time is of the essence.
Our asbestos attorneys will work quickly to keep your case moving forward. Despite asbestos companies’ efforts to stretch these cases out, our knowledgeable New York mesothelioma lawyers will usually request that the court resolve these claims within one year.
Asbestos Compensation for Family Members
For people who have been diagnosed with the deadly asbestos cancer mesothelioma, their focus is usually on making sure their family is taken care of in the long run.
For patients who file an asbestos lawsuit but pass away before it is resolved, loved ones may be able to see the case through and demand the compensation the victim ultimately deserved.
For families who have already lost someone to an asbestos disease, our compassionate team may be able to help you file a wrongful death claim.
Let Our Experienced Asbestos Litigators Fight for You
Receiving a diagnosis of mesothelioma, lung cancer, or any other asbestos disease puts a weight on a person and a family.
Hospital bills, follow-up treatments, medications, and palliative care can drain a family financially and emotionally.
Although nothing can be done to reverse the damage to your health, the asbestos companies that put you in harm’s way can and should be held responsible.
Our aggressive New York asbestos attorneys help victims demand compensation for:
- All related medical bills, including future medical expenses
- Lost income if you had to quit your job and can no longer work
- The physical and emotional pain and suffering you have endured
- Punitive damages from companies that exhibited extreme misconduct
Schedule a free case consultation today with our skilled asbestos litigators to learn how our firm can help you and your family.
Remember: The law places limits on how long you have to file an asbestos lawsuit, so it is important to take action as soon as possible.