Brittany Russell is an Associate Attorney and Trial Lawyer at Belluck & Fox, where she represents victims suffering from asbestos related diseases, including mesothelioma and lung cancer. Since joining the firm in 2013, Brittany has tried dozens of asbestos cases all over the State of New York, and in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
In March of 2015, Brittany won a $4 million verdict in Utica, NY on behalf of Nick Dominick, a plant worker exposed to asbestos who suffered from both mesothelioma and lung cancer. The verdict is the largest asbestos verdict against a non-manufacturer supplier in New York State, and is the largest asbestos verdict in Oneida County.
In May of 2016, Brittany won a $3.2 Million verdict in Schenectady County, NY, on behalf of Scott Shays, a former U.S. Navy Machinist Mate who died of mesothelioma as a result of asbestos exposure while serving in the Navy.
In addition to representing veterans in court, Brittany is also an Accredited Veteran’s Affairs Claims Agent. As an Accredited VA Claims Agent, Brittany files VA benefits claims, pro bono, for veterans who were exposed to asbestos during their military service.
Brittany is also an Adjunct Professor of Trial Advocacy at Fordham Law School, where she teaches trial skills to members of the Brendan Moore Trial Advocacy Center.
Brittany was the first woman ever to receive Fordham Law School’s Abraham Abramovsky Award for outstanding performance in Trial Advocacy. In law school, she was a member of the Brendan Moore Trial Advocates, where she was a two-time regional champion and a national semi-finalist. She also served on the board of the Brendan Moore Trial Advocacy Center.
Brittany grew up in Long Island, NY. She pursued a career in law to help injured victims get justice. Her favorite part of her job is meeting with clients and their families, and then sharing their stories with juries to advocate on their behalf.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2013
- Fordham University Fordham College at Rose Hill, B.A. Magna Cum Laude, 2011
Areas of Practice
- Products Liability
- Personal Injury
- Fordham Law Abraham Abramovsky Award for outstanding performance in Trial Advocacy, 2013.
- Fordham Law Archibald R. Murray Public Service Award, cum laude, 2013.
- National Trial Competition Regional Champion, 2013.
- ABA Labor and Employment Law Trial Competition Regional Champion, National Semi-Finalist, 2011-2012.
- Admitted to practice law in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
- Accredited Veterans Affairs Claims Agent