East Village Personal Injury Attorney
Long known for its vintage stores, bookstores, cafés and bohemian style, the East Village runs south between East 14th and East Houston streets and east from the Bowery and Third Avenue to the East River.
Once a favorite of artists like Diane Arbus and writers like Allen Ginsberg, the East Village includes Thompkins Square Park and parts of John V. Lindsay East River Park, the Upright Citizens Brigade, St. Mark’s Place, the Nuyorican Poets Café and eateries like McSorley’s Old Ale House.
At Belluck & Fox, LLP, our respected Manhattan injury lawyers are proud to serve the people of this eclectic and charming Manhattan neighborhood. For more than two decades, our law firm has been fighting for the rights of those who have been harmed in car accidents, slip-and-fall accidents, and other preventable incidents in the East Village. Our skilled legal team has recovered more than $1 billion in jury awards and settlements for our deserving clients and their families.
If you or a loved one has been injured in the East Village, our veteran New York personal injury attorneys will meet with you for a free consultation to discuss your options for pursuing the compensation you need to recover. We can meet with you in your home, at the hospital, or in our law office ─ wherever is most convenient for you.
Directions to Belluck & Fox from the East Village
Table of Contents
Our NYC law office is located on the Fifth Floor of 546 5th Ave., between West 45th and West 46th streets. We’re a few blocks west of Grand Central Terminal and a few blocks north of the New York Public Library.
If you’re using public transportation from the East Village, you can reach our office best via the F, B or D trains to 42nd Street/Bryant Park, or the 5th Avenue stop for the 7 train.
However, if you or your loved one is unable to travel, our personal injury attorneys can meet with you at any location that you prefer.
Injury Cases We Can Help within the East Village
Our personal injury attorneys in the East Village understand the stress that a serious injury can cause for a victim and a family. We know how medical bills, lost wages and other expenses can all add up to severe financial hardships, and our lawyers are here to help.
Our law office has extensive experience handling a variety of East Village injury cases, including:
New York places a strict time limit, known as the statute of limitations, on how long you have to file a personal injury claim after an accident. If you or a loved one has been hurt due to someone else’s negligence, you need to learn about your legal rights as soon as possible.
East Village Injury Statistics
NYC car accident statistics from Vision Zero, a city initiative to reduce traffic and pedestrian fatalities, show that 58,669 people were injured in traffic crashes in 2017, including 10,565 pedestrians and 4,397 cyclists. In addition, 218 people — including 105 pedestrians and 24 cyclists — died in motor vehicle crashes in New York City in 2017.
In the East Village, some of the more dangerous streets for these crashes were 2nd Avenue between East Houston and East 14th streets, Avenue A, and First Avenue near East 9th Street.
Hospitals and Courthouses in and near the East Village
Many of the people we work with had never been in a courtroom and were relatively unfamiliar with hospitals until they suffered a personal injury. Our dedicated East Village injury lawyers are committed to helping clients navigate the complex court system as well as insurance questions that arise as part of their claims.
At Belluck & Fox, we are familiar with the local hospitals and courthouses in and around the East Village, including the following:
- Bellevue Hospital Center
462 1st Ave.
New York NY 10016
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
53 W. 23rd St.
New York NY 10010
- Mount Sinai Beth Israel
First Avenue at 16th Street
New York NY 10003
- New York City Civil Court
111 Centre St.
New York NY 10013
- New York County Supreme Court
60 Centre St.
New York NY 10007
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
500 Pearl St.
New York NY 10007
We Serve Neighborhoods Throughout NYC
From our law office in Midtown, we serve clients throughout New York City, including in:
- Downtown Manhattan is packed with hotspots such as Chinatown, Little Italy, NoHo, Wall Street and the Financial District, the West Village, Washington Square Park, Battery Park City and the South Street Seaport.
- The Lower East Side was a historic hub for European immigrants and has become home to the Museum of Contemporary Art and the Tenement Museum. It is also known for its scenic views of the Williamsburg Bridge along the East River.
- Tribeca offers galleries, lofts and studio space in a former industrial neighborhood that has grown into an artistic haven.
- SoHo is short for “south of Houston Street.” This chic neighborhood mixes eclectic boutiques and flagship retailers. It is also home to the Children’s Museum of the Arts and the New York City Fire Museum.
- Brooklyn is home to a variety of popular neighborhoods, including the posh Brooklyn Heights and Park Slope; artistic Red Hook, Greenpoint and DUMBO (“Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass”); and the eclectic and vibrant Fort Greene. Residents and visitors also enjoy the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, the Brooklyn Academy of Music and the Brooklyn Museum.
- Queens is one of the most international communities in the United States, and it houses the New York Mets playing at Citi Field.
- The Bronx is home base for the famous New York Yankees, as well as Fordham University, the Bronx Zoo and the New York Botanical Gardens.
- Staten Island connects to the city via the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge and the Staten Island Ferry. From the ferry, residents and visitors alike catch stunning views of the Statue of Liberty, Lower Manhattan and Ellis Island.
No matter where you were injured in New York City, our dedicated New York mesothelioma attorneys are here to help. Our seasoned litigators have argued and won cases in courts throughout New York, and we are widely recognized for our commitment to justice for injured victims and their families.
Contact Our East Village Injury Law Firm Today
Do not hesitate to talk with an experienced East Village personal injury attorney if you have been hurt in a serious accident. Our law firm handles these cases on a contingency-fee basis, which means you don’t pay anything to get started and we only collect fees if we recover compensation for you.
Call us today at (212) 681-1575 to set up a free consultation on your claim.