The Lower East Side runs from the East River to the Bowery between East Houston to South Street. This richly historic neighborhood was a hub for European immigrants and a center of Jewish life in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Visitors and residents relish the scenic views of the Williamsburg Bridge. This area also is home to the Hamilton Fish Recreation Center, the Tenement Museum, NYC Housing’s Vladeck Houses and nightspots such as The Delancey.
Whether you call this neighborhood home or you’re just visiting, you’ll want to be safe while you enjoy all that the Lower East Side has to offer. However, just like anywhere else, accidents can and do occur. If you or a loved one has been injured here, the respected Lower East Side personal injury lawyers at Belluck & Fox, LLP, can help.
Our accomplished NYC personal injury attorneys have more than 20 years of experience successfully fighting for the rights of injured New Yorkers. In fact, our seasoned legal team has recovered more than $1 billion in settlements and jury awards for our deserving clients. Schedule a free consultation with our law firm now to learn how we can put our experience to work for you.
Table of Contents
- 1 Directions to Belluck & Fox from the Lower East Side
- 2 Injury Cases We Can Help within the Lower East Side
- 3 Lower East Side Injury Statistics
- 4 Hospitals and Courthouses in and near the Lower East Side
- 5 Our Attorneys Serve Clients Throughout NYC
- 6 Contact Our Lower East Side Mesothelioma Lawyers Today
Directions to Belluck & Fox from the Lower East Side
If you or your loved one is unable to travel, our personal injury attorneys can meet with you at your home or another convenient location in the Lower East Side. We will discuss your case and explain your legal options during a free, no-obligation consultation.
However, if you’d prefer to visit us, Belluck & Fox law office is located on the Fifth Floor of 546 5th Ave., between West 45th and West 46th streets. We’re a few blocks west of Grand Central Terminal and a few blocks north of the New York Public Library.
If you’re using public transportation, you can reach our office best via the F, B or D trains to 42nd Street/Bryant Park, or the 5th Avenue stop for the 7 train.
Injury Cases We Can Help within the Lower East Side
Our compassionate injury attorneys in the Lower East Side understand the anxiety and stress that medical expenses and financial pressures can cause accident victims. Our law office is skilled in handling a variety of Lower East Side injury cases, including:
No matter what type of accident you were hurt in, if you believe it was caused by someone else’s negligence, you should learn about your legal rights. Contact our Lower East Side personal injury attorneys today to discuss your case and what types of compensation you may be entitled to recover.
Lower East Side Injury Statistics
According to Vision Zero, a citywide initiative to reduce traffic and pedestrian fatalities, 218 people — including 24 cyclists and 105 pedestrians — were killed in motor vehicle crashes in New York City in 2017. These same injury statistics show that 58,669 people were hurt in traffic crashes in 2017, including 4,397 cyclists and 10,565 pedestrians.
Some of the more dangerous intersections in the Lower East Side were Clinton and Delancey streets, Grand Street from East Broadway to Jackson Street, and along Rivington Street from Allen Street to Clinton Street.
Hospitals and Courthouses in and near the Lower East Side
Many people tend not to notice a courthouse or hospital until they need one. However, when you have suffered a personal injury, hospitals and courthouses can become an important part of your physical and financial recovery process. Our Lower East Side injury lawyers at Belluck & Fox are familiar with these local facilities, including the following:
- NewYork-Presbyterian Lower Manhattan Hospital
170 William St.
New York NY 10038
- Mount Sinai Beth Israel
First Avenue at 16th Street
New York NY 10003
- New York City Civil Court
111 Centre St.
New York NY 10013
- New York County Supreme Court
60 Centre St.
New York NY 10007
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
500 Pearl St.
New York NY 10007
Our Attorneys Serve Clients Throughout NYC
Although our law office is in Midtown, we serve clients throughout New York City, including (but not limited to):
- Downtown Manhattan is home to Greenwich Village, Chinatown, Little Italy, NoHo, New York University, Wall Street and the Financial District, the West Village, Washington Square Park, Battery Park City, the South Street Seaport, and the Brooklyn Bridge.
- The East Village, known for bohemian style and vintage stores, is home to Thompkins Square Park, St. Mark’s Place and the Upright Citizens Brigade.
- Tribeca, with its galleries, lofts and studio space, has transformed from a former industrial neighborhood into an artists’ haven. It is also home to Hudson River Park.
- SoHo, short for “south of Houston Street,” is a chic neighborhood that mixes flagship retailers and eclectic boutiques. It is also home to the Children’s Museum of the Arts and the New York City Fire Museum.
- Brooklyn includes posh Brooklyn Heights and Park Slope; artistic Red Hook, Greenpoint and DUMBO (“Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass”); and eclectic and vibrant Fort Greene. The borough is also home to the Brooklyn Academy of Music, the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens and the Brooklyn Museum.
- Queens is one of the most international communities in the United States. It is also home of the New York Mets at Citi Field.
- The Bronx houses the New York Yankees at the famed Yankee Stadium. The borough is also known for Fordham University, the Bronx Zoo and the New York Botanical Gardens.
- Staten Island connects to Manhattan via the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge and the Staten Island Ferry, offering picturesque views of the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island and Lower Manhattan.
Contact Our Lower East Side Mesothelioma Lawyers Today
New York law limits the amount of time you have to file a claim for compensation in a personal injury case. So don’t delay if you or a family member has been harmed due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness.
Our New York City mesothelioma lawyers at Belluck & Fox work on a contingency-fee basis, so you don’t have to pay anything to get started and we only collect fees if we recover payment for you.
Please call us today at (212) 681-1575 to discuss your case and learn how we can help you.