Let Us Fight for the Compensation You Deserve
Mesothelioma is a debilitating cancer whose only known cause is exposure to asbestos.
People who are diagnosed with mesothelioma may have worked with or around asbestos-containing materials, or they may have been exposed secondhand through a family member who worked with asbestos.
No matter your circumstances, if you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you have a right to demand compensation from the asbestos companies that put you at risk.
At Belluck & Fox, our dedicated New York mesothelioma lawyers have more than 20 years of experience handling all types of asbestos claims.
Patients and their families count on our skilled legal team because:
- Our New York mesothelioma law firm is focused on asbestos cases. These types of complicated claims call for seasoned attorneys who have spent years investigating asbestos companies and holding them accountable. Our mesothelioma lawyers have meticulously tracked the companies that manufactured asbestos products, and we can pinpoint exactly when and where clients were exposed.
- Our attorneys have earned a national reputation for success in mesothelioma claims. Our firm has secured more than $1 billion in mesothelioma settlements and verdicts for clients throughout the United States.
- Our team shows patients and families the compassion they need. We know how overwhelming a mesothelioma diagnosis can be, so we take all the pressure we can off our clients. We do not ask you to travel or come to a courtroom. Rather, we do all the traveling and other legwork in your claim while you focus on your treatment.
- Our lawyers have developed strong connections in the mesothelioma community. Our firm can connect you with mesothelioma doctors, nurses, caregivers, and other families who can help you during this difficult time.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation on your case. You can expect to hear personally from one of the partners in our firm within 24 hours. We will explain what types of compensation you may be entitled to and outline the next steps in your case.
What Types of Compensation Could I Be Entitled To?
Mesothelioma patients may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical bills, including for hospitalizations, surgeries, chemotherapy and radiation treatment, medications, assistive mobility devices, and future treatments
- Lost income, as well as reduced earning capacity in the future
- Pain and suffering, both physical and emotional
Determining how much compensation you deserve requires detailed documentation and input from medical and financial experts. Our dedicated New York mesothelioma lawyers will work tirelessly to build a strong case for maximum compensation for you.
How Long Does It Take to Pursue Compensation for Mesothelioma?
Unfortunately, there is no cure for mesothelioma. And patients often worry more about what the future holds for their families than themselves. Due to the devastating nature of this disease, our compassionate attorneys usually ask the court to resolve mesothelioma cases within one year.
How Long Will a Mesothelioma Claim Take?
At Belluck & Fox, we work quickly and efficiently to resolve mesothelioma claims in a reasonable amount of time. Some settlements can often be reached within 30 days. Because our team has been working in the asbestos litigation field for decades, we know the system and have already done much of the research and legwork to build the foundation of your case.
In addition, our skilled mesothelioma attorneys at Belluck & Fox will request that the court expedite the handling of your claim due to the life-threatening nature of the disease.
Our knowledgeable asbestos attorneys will fight to resolve your case within one year.
Can a Mesothelioma Patient’s Family Recover Compensation?
If you have lost a family member to mesothelioma, our legal team can go over your options for pursuing compensation through a wrongful death claim. This could help you recover payment for your loved one’s medical bills, funeral expenses, lost wages, and the pain and suffering he or she was put through.
How Do Mesothelioma Asbestos Cases Work?
In mesothelioma cases, the key is identifying who is responsible for your asbestos exposure. This is generally not your former boss or the military (if you were exposed in the service). Rather, our lawyers will work to track down the companies that originally manufactured or supplied the asbestos products you were exposed to.
When you contact our New York mesothelioma law firm about your case, you can expect:
- A partner in our firm will meet with you for a free case consultation. This can be done over the phone, at your home, or at a treatment facility ─ wherever is easiest for you. During this initial consultation, we will discuss your work history or service history to get an idea of how you may have been exposed to asbestos. We will also discuss your diagnosis, your treatment plan, and what you can expect from us.
- Our mesothelioma attorneys will immediately begin researching your case. Because we have spent decades handling asbestos claims, we have a vast pool of resources at our disposal to track down information on the types of products you were exposed to. We may interview your former coworkers and/or obtain blueprints of the buildings, shipyards, or vessels where you worked. The evidence we gather will ultimately point to the asbestos companies that should be held accountable.
- We will aggressively pursue compensation by filing a mesothelioma lawsuit and/or claims from asbestos trust funds. When filing these claims, we will provide extensive documentation showing who is responsible for your exposure, as well as records detailing your mesothelioma diagnosis and treatments. Many mesothelioma lawsuits end with settlement offers, rather than going all the way to a jury verdict. However, our litigation team is always prepared to argue for maximum compensation before a judge and jury if that’s what it takes.
During the claims process, our mesothelioma attorneys will keep you informed as your case progresses. In addition, partners Joseph Belluck and Jordan Fox are always available to answer your questions and discuss any concerns you may have.
Contact us now to schedule your free case consultation, and learn how our team can help you and your family during this stressful time.
Additional Types of Mesothelioma Compensation
Mesothelioma settlements and verdicts are not the only way patients and families can obtain compensation after a diagnosis. You may be able to recover additional financial compensation through:
Asbestos bankruptcy trust funds. Even when asbestos companies file for bankruptcy or go out of business, you can still secure compensation by pursuing a claim through the former company’s asbestos trust fund. The money in these trust funds has already been set aside for future asbestos victims and families. Although receiving payment from a trust fund is not the same process as recovering compensation through a mesothelioma lawsuit, it is not simple. Our seasoned mesothelioma lawyers can determine which trust(s) may be responsible for compensating you.
Veterans’ benefits. Veterans who were exposed to asbestos while serving in the military can receive VA benefits after a mesothelioma diagnosis. Our mesothelioma law firm will handle your VA benefits claim for free while we are negotiating your asbestos settlements.
Social Security Disability benefits. If you or your loved one was diagnosed with mesothelioma or another asbestos disease before retirement age, you may be entitled to Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits.
Workers’ compensation benefits. Mesothelioma is an occupational illness, so you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits after a diagnosis. Our legal team will review your options for filing for workers’ comp.
At Belluck & Fox, we take a full-service approach to helping mesothelioma patients and their families. We explore all possible sources of compensation and manage all types of claims for our clients.
Take the First Step in Claiming Mesothelioma Compensation
Step 1 – Initial Contact
Your first move should be to contact the reliable mesothelioma lawyers at Belluck & Fox, LLP. Our goal is to ensure your claim is managed efficiently and professionally.
Why choose Belluck & Fox, LLP? We have won over $1 billion in compensation for our clients and their families — including a $51.5 million verdict in a mesothelioma lawsuit.
We respond to all inquiries and can have one of our lawyers meet with you within 24 hours.
During our initial conversation with you, we will:
- Tell you about our law firm;
- Explain the legal process for a mesothelioma case;
- Take a detailed work and medical history; and,
- Answer your questions about mesothelioma.
There is no charge for the meetings and you are under no obligation to hire our firm. Visit our NYC law firm today.
Step 2 – Filing the Complaint
After researching and investigating the responsible companies, we file an individual legal claim on your behalf in a state court. These companies include manufacturers, distributors, suppliers and installers of asbestos materials. These companies are the defendants in your case.
We do not sue your employer(s), because this is generally prohibited by workers’ compensation laws. The lawsuit alleges that the defendants are responsible for manufacturing, selling and/or installing defective asbestos products and equipment, caused you to be exposed to asbestos and that they failed to warn you of the dangers of asbestos. The defendants have approximately one month to answer the allegations in your complaint.
Step 3 – Prosecuting The Case
The first consideration is your health. We will do everything possible to respect your privacy and minimize any further disruptions in your life. We will ask the court to advance your case quickly so we can assure you a fast resolution of your case, usually no longer than one year from the filing of the complaint.
Once the Court issues a schedule for your case, the discovery phase of your case begins. This means that we secure all of the evidence necessary to prove that the corporations we sued on your behalf are held responsible for your injuries.
As part of this process, you will testify at a deposition and answer questions about your background. We arrange for your deposition to be conducted at a location which is convenient for you, even, if necessary, at your home. Of course, Belluck & Fox, LLP will be present at every step of the process.
We also conduct a thorough investigation in your case, including talking to your co-workers, demanding documents from the asbestos companies and reviewing your medical history. We also hire medical and other experts to help us in the case.
We wish to emphasize that most, if not all, of the work required to prosecute your case is undertaken by Belluck & Fox, LLP, and does not require us to disturb you or your family.
Step 4 – Settlements
As the case progresses, some defendants may seek to resolve your case for fair value settlements. In many instances a case will settle your prior to the date that the trial is scheduled to begin.
Step 5 – Trial
If we do not receive a full and fair settlement for your claims, we will advise you of the options for trial. During the trial, we will present testimony and evidence in support of your claim. We will also have medical and other experts testify on your behalf. Belluck & Fox, LLP are experienced mesothelioma lawyers and will fully represent you and your family in every phase of the trial.