Rochester Car Accident Lawyers
A car accident can cause devastating injuries that can leave you or a loved one with exorbitant medical expenses, a significant loss of income, and pain and suffering that seems to have no end in sight.
Our Rochester car accident lawyers at Belluck & Foxare known for fighting aggressively for the full compensation our clients need to get their lives back on track after life-altering crashes. We believe strongly that our clients shouldn’t have to pay for someone else’s negligence, a stance that for more than two decades has spurred our trusted attorneys to successfully hold at-fault parties accountable for the harm they’ve caused. All told, our law firm has recovered more than $1 billion for injured victims and those who have lost loved ones.
For a free consultation, call (585) 285-4070 or contact us online today.
Why Car Accident Victims Choose Our Respected Rochester Law Firm
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Car Accident Victims Choose Our Respected Rochester Law Firm
- 2 How an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer in Rochester Can Help After a Crash
- 3 Compensation in a Rochester Car Accident Claim
- 4 What You Need to Know About Dealing with Insurance Companies in Rochester, NY
- 5 How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Car Accident Attorney in Rochester, NY?
- 6 Common Causes of Rochester Car Accidents
- 7 Tips for Protecting Your Rights After a Car Accident in Rochester
- 8 Schedule a Free Consultation with Our Rochester Car Accident Attorneys Now
Our top-ranked Rochester trial lawyers have secured more than $1 billion in personal injury claims and wrongful death compensation for our clients. That success has led to lawyer rating services Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers and Martindale-Hubbell honoring our Rochester law firm. Belluck & Fox also has been recognized by the National Law Journal for winning Largest Verdicts of the Year.
Our lawyers take a tenacious stance against negligent companies and individuals, but clients see our compassion. With decades of experience helping people through these types of claims, our legal team in Rochester well understands your family’s hardships. We will do everything we can to make sure that the process of seeking compensation does not add to your burden.
Our attorneys devise savvy legal strategies that are based on strong evidence and thorough research. Our law firm has assembled a sharp team to stand in your corner: accident reconstruction specialists, financial professionals and medical experts who can outline how your accident occurred, how seriously you were hurt and how your future will be affected.
If you or a family member has been injured in a motor vehicle crash in Rochester or its surrounding communities, contact the skilled car accident injury lawyers at Belluck & Fox now. An initial case consultation is always free. In fact, you pay us only if and when we recover money for you — we do not charge any legal fees to begin work on your behalf. Please call our Rochester law office today at (585) 285-4070, or fill out our online form to get started.
How an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer in Rochester Can Help After a Crash
After a serious car collision, you and your family may struggle just to make it through each day. You shouldn’t have the additional stress of tangling with an insurance company or compiling evidence to show what happened to you. Leave that to us.
At Belluck & Fox, our skilled Rochester auto accident lawyers:
- Take over all communication with the at-fault party or parties. You need not worry about someone trying to pressure you into a low car accident settlement.
- Gather all documentation necessary to support your claim. Our legal team collects police reports, medical records, witness statements, proof of lost income and any other relevant evidence to help build a solid case for compensation.
- Uncover all potential compensation sources. This may include using your uninsured motorist coverage (UM) or underinsured motorist (UIM). In some cases, it also could mean pursuing payment from the maker of a defective auto part that contributed to the crash.
- Build a strong case based on in-depth knowledge of New York’s traffic laws. New York is known as a “comparative fault” state, meaning that the defendant may say that you were partially at-fault in order to reduce the amount of money you’ll receive. We work tirelessly to show who truly was to blame.
- Ensure you meet all time limits for filing a claim. The State of New York has a strict time limit, or statute of limitations, specifying how long a person has to file lawsuit after a traffic crash. Our attorneys ensure that all deadlines are met.
New York also is a “no-fault” state. This means that car crash victims typically must file compensation claims first through their own insurers, regardless of who is at fault. However, depending on the severity of your injuries, you may be entitled to additional damages from the at-fault party.
Our skilled car accident attorneys in Rochester can review the circumstances of your situation to best advise you on how to pursue the maximum compensation you deserve. Schedule a free case evaluation now.
Compensation in a Rochester Car Accident Claim
The top-rated personal injury attorneys at Belluck & Fox have one goal for our clients: to recover nothing less than full and fair compensation. Money certainly can’t undo what has happened, but it can lessen the financial burden on you and your loved ones and help provide for your future.
Our Rochester auto accident lawyers frequently advocate for:
- Payment for past, current and future medical expenses
- Compensation for lost wages, as well as any future reduced earning capacity
- Payment for damage to your vehicle
- Awards for pain and suffering
If you’ve already received a car accident settlement offer from an insurance company, it is vital that you speak to one of our dedicated Rochester personal injury lawyers before you sign anything.
Let us review your claim to give you an honest assessment of the compensation you deserve. Contact us today.
What You Need to Know About Dealing with Insurance Companies in Rochester, NY
We understand the impulse to be as helpful as possible — but when it comes to seeking compensation for injuries from an insurer, being too helpful can sometimes hurt you. Your policy typically outlines how soon you must tell your insurance company about a car accident. However, you do not need to provide more than basic information, such as where and when the collision occurred and who was involved.
You also are not obligated to talk to the other driver’s insurance company or give a recorded statement.
Insurance adjusters are skilled at coaxing car wreck victims to say things that might end up hurting their case. Stick to the basic facts. Never agree to give a recorded statement, and never admit fault. The smart thing to do is refer any questions to your lawyer.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Car Accident Attorney in Rochester, NY?
Belluck & Fox takes car accident injury cases on a contingency-fee basis, meaning you owe us no money to begin working for you. We receive legal fees only if and when we win compensation for you. Our contingency fee is calculated as a percentage of your total compensation.
Common Causes of Rochester Car Accidents
In New York, motor vehicle collisions are the leading cause of injury-related deaths. Some of the most common causes of car wrecks in Rochester include:
- Driver inattention or driver distraction
- Driver inexperience
- Driver fatigue or drowsiness
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Improper turns
- Backing up unsafely
- Failure to yield right of way
- Road rage or aggressive driving
- Unsafe road conditions
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accident
- Pedestrian Accidents
Any car accident statistics can be staggering when you recognize that real people are behind each number. At Belluck & Fox, we’re determined to treat every client with compassion and personalized attention. To us, you’re not just a claim number or a statistic ─ you’re a person who deserves justice and needs help.
Tips for Protecting Your Rights After a Car Accident in Rochester
When you are hurt in a car wreck, it can be tough to figure out your next steps. Here are the things you should do after a motor vehicle accident in Rochester:
- Call 911. Law enforcement officers will complete a traffic crash report that can be used as evidence in your claim. Even if no one appears injured, it’s always good to file a police report, especially if you are unsure about the extent of the damage.
- Seek medical care. Your health should always be your top priority. It is crucial that a medical professional evaluate you and begin treatment right away
- Get important details from the at-fault driver. Always write down the driver’s name, address, license plate number and insurance information. Also, even if emotions run high, please do not talk about the crash with the other driver or any witnesses — and never admit fault
- Write down contact details for witnesses. If you’re able to do so, write down the names and contact information for anyone who may have seen the accident. Witness statements could serve as evidence in your claim.
- Take notes about what happened, and take photos of the scene. Again, if possible, take pictures with your cellphone of the cars involved, the crash scene and your injuries. It’s also helpful to keep your own record of what occurred, including the date, time, location and any related weather and road conditions.
- Notify your insurance company. New York State has specific deadlines about filing no-fault insurance claims within 30 days from the date of your motor vehicle crash, so don’t delay in notifying your insurance carrier.
- Call a trusted car accident lawyer in Rochester. An attorney can review the traffic crash reports, obtain statements from witnesses, collect medical records and deploy experts who can reconstruct the crash scene. A lawyer also will aggressively negotiate with an insurance company and, if necessary, file a lawsuit to demand maximum compensation for your injuries.
Schedule a Free Consultation with Our Rochester Car Accident Attorneys Now
In any claims involving complex car accidents, time is a huge factor. Evidence becomes more difficult to track down and memories fade with each day. If you or a relative has been seriously hurt in a traffic crash, please contact our knowledgeable auto accident lawyers in Rochester right away.
Once you set up a free consultation with our top-reviewed Rochester personal injury attorneys, we will talk with you about how Belluck & Fox will fight for the compensation you deserve. We offer personal injury services in many areas including: construction accidents, lead poisoning, product liability, nursing home abuse, and many more.
Call us today at (585) 285-4070 or fill out our online form now to learn how we can assist you. One of our compassionate attorneys can meet with you at your home or in the hospital, whatever is most convenient for you. You’re also welcome to visit our law office at 150 Linden Oaks Drive, Suite D, Rochester NY 14625.