Rochester Wrongful Death Lawyers for Negligence or Medical Malpractice
The untimely death of a family member can be devastating, leading to pain and suffering. In addition to shock and grief, families often face mounting financial pressures because of this unexpected loss or wrongful death. Most people simply are unprepared to cover funeral expenses and medical costs, or make up for the loss of income from punitive damages.
If your loved one’s death was caused by negligence, car accident, or medical malpractice on the part of another individual or a company, you may be entitled to financial compensation from the damages, even if you are outside Rochester, NY. We understand that no amount of money can undo the loss and pain caused to your family from a wrongful death claim, but a financial recovery can help ease your burdens and bring you a sense of justice and ease suffering.
At Belluck & Fox, our compassionate Rochester wrongful death lawyers & attorneys have successfully fought for the rights of families across New York for more than 25 years. Our trusted attorneys have recovered more than $1 billion in jury awards and settlements for our deserving clients in Rochester and beyond, and we are ready to help your family cope with their pain and suffering.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation to answer any questions you may have. Our Rochester legal team of wrongful death lawsuit specialists are is available to meet with you at your home or in Rochester, or anywhere that’s convenient in the surrounding area such as Buffalo, Canandaigua, Geneseo, etc. Call us at (585) 285-4070.
How Our Top-Rated Wrongful Death Attorneys for Lawsuits in Rochester Can Help You
Table of Contents
- 1 How Our Top-Rated Wrongful Death Attorneys for Lawsuits in Rochester Can Help You
- 2 What Do You Need to Prove in a Wrongful Death Lawsuit Due to Negligence?
- 3 Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim in Rochester? Can Attorneys or Lawyers Help?
- 4 Our Attorneys Demand Full Compensation in Rochester Wrongful Death Claims & Cases
- 5 Common Causes of Wrongful Death in Rochester
- 6 Statute of Limitations on Wrongful Death Claims in Rochester, New York
- 7 Why Choose Our Top-Tier Rochester Law Firm & Attorneys for Your Wrongful Death Case?
- 8 No Fees Unless Our Wrongful Death Lawyers in Rochester Recover Money for You
- 9 Contact an Experienced Rochester Wrongful Death Attorney Today for a Free Consultation
When you choose Belluck & Fox’s award-winning trial attorneys and wrongful death experts, you can be assured that our experienced legal team will handle every aspect of your wrongful death claim.
Our knowledgeable attorneys will review all the details and facts involved in your wrongful death case. Depending on the circumstances, we will:
- Obtain official documents such as police reports or car accident reports
- Interview witnesses involved in the causation and additional information
- Hire professional wrongful experts to analyze the causation evidence and reconstruct the accident scene information, if necessary
- Gather any photos or videos of your loved one’s injuries and, if necessary, the accident or accident scene evidence
- A thorough review of the medical evidence of damages. Our savvy legal team & attorneys will gather the medical records documenting your loved one’s fatal injury or illness, as well as consult with medical professionals.
- A comprehensive calculation of the damages your family has suffered for wrongful death claims. Our attorneys and negligence specialists will account for all the ways in which this wrongful death tragedy of your loved one has affected you and will continue to do so in the future. We will demand the full financial compensation your family is entitled to recover in your wrongful death lawsuit.
- Aggressive negotiation and litigation strategies for your damages due to negligence. In most cases, our wrongful death attorneys in Rochester are able to negotiate full settlements without going to trial. However, if that’s the only way to obtain justice for our clients, our nationally respected litigators and attorneys will not back down from a courtroom confrontation.
What Do You Need to Prove in a Wrongful Death Lawsuit Due to Negligence?
In New York State, a wrongful death claim requires proving that someone else’s negligence actions led to the death of your loved one. Sometimes this action causing a wrongful death may result in criminal charges and penalties. Regardless, a wrongful death lawsuit holds the at-fault party accountable through a civil claim.
In New York, only the personal representative of the deceased’s estate, such as a surviving spouse, family member or another relative, may bring a wrongful death claim. For a wrongful death claim to be successful, your wrongful death attorney will need to show that:
- The defendant acted negligently causing damages to a loved one.
- The negligent action(s) caused your loved one’s death.
- Your loved one has surviving family members eligible to receive damages from the wrongful death tragedy.
- These survivors also have suffered financial damage because of your loved one’s causation of death.
When grieving a wrongful death and the loss of a close family member, it’s understandable how clear it can seem that an at-fault party should be held accountable. Unfortunately, these cases can turn out to be very complex. That’s why it is important to have a respected Rochester wrongful death lawyer in your corner.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim in Rochester? Can Attorneys or Lawyers Help?
Although it may seem reasonable that a victim’s closest family members can file a wrongful death claim, New York State specifies that only the personal representative of the victim’s estate can file such a lawsuit, such as attorneys.
However, compensation from a successful wrongful death claim can be passed on to:
- A surviving spouse
- Relatives such as siblings and parents
Regardless of who is legally designated the victim’s personal wrongful death representative, any damages recovered in a wrongful death claim go to the estate to be distributed to heirs based on the guidelines outlined in wills, trusts or state law.
Our Attorneys Demand Full Compensation in Rochester Wrongful Death Claims & Cases
The pain and suffering from a wrongful death that survivors experience after losing a loved one has a huge impact on their lives. Sadly, spouses, children and other close relatives usually cannot recover payment for this. However, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical bills related to treating the victim prior to death
- Loss of benefits and wages from the time of the injury or illness to the time of death
- Loss of services and support that the victim provided to loved ones
- Loss of any surviving children’s inheritance
- Loss of care, nurturing and guidance for any surviving children
In addition, you may also be able to recover damages for the pain and suffering your surviving family member experienced prior to death. These damages would be brought by the deceased’s estate through a “survivorship action.”
In extreme cases, such as where criminal actions or willful misconduct led to a wrongful death, our lawyers may seek punitive damages against the at-fault party for this atrocious behavior causing the injuries.
Belluck & Fox’s knowledgeable wrongful death lawyers in Rochester are available to review your family’s situation, confidential information, and explain all of your options for pursuing justice for your loved one. Please contact us today at (585) 285-4070 to schedule a free consultation.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death in Rochester
Wrongful death is the result of a death caused by the negligent actions of another person, driver, or corporation. Most wrongful death claims involve accidents, however, they can be the result of many other causes including:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Construction Site Accidents
- Lead poisoning
- Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
- Product Liability
- Medical Malpractice
Statute of Limitations on Wrongful Death Claims in Rochester, New York
New York State sets a strict time limit to file a wrongful death lawsuit of two years from the date of death. Because it takes time to build a strong wrongful death compensation claim, it is vital that you speak with an experienced wrongful death attorney in Rochester as soon as you feel comfortable exploring your legal options.
Our compassionate attorneys are sensitive to your loved ones’ needs and aim to take as much of the burden off you as possible. We will allow your family the time and space to heal while we manage all the details related to your claim from wrongful death.
Why Choose Our Top-Tier Rochester Law Firm & Attorneys for Your Wrongful Death Case?
Over the years, our Rochester law firm has earned a national reputation for helping families recover full and fair compensation after the unjust loss of a relative involved in a wrongful death. Clients recommend our devoted wrongful death attorneys in Rochester because:
- We are always sensitive and compassionate to your needs. Our legal team knows that you are coping with what might be the worst tragedy your family and loved ones will ever face. That’s why we do everything we can to be here for you.
- We shield you and protect your privacy throughout the process. We will not allow aggressive insurance companies or other at-fault parties to hassle you. We’ll manage all communications on behalf of you and your family.
- We are tireless in our pursuit of justice for your family member. There are many times when a family pursuing a wrongful death claim may feel like giving up. But our attorneys are committed to being with you every step of the way as we fight for the maximum compensation your family deserves.
No Fees Unless Our Wrongful Death Lawyers in Rochester Recover Money for You
At Belluck & Fox, our lawyers handle wrongful death cases on a contingency-fee basis. We do not charge any money or fee to begin working on your behalf, and you don’t owe us anything unless and until we win compensation for you.
Contact us today at (585) 285-4070 for a free case review.
Contact an Experienced Rochester Wrongful Death Attorney Today for a Free Consultation
The top-notch personal injury attorneys at Belluck & Fox have been recognized by The National Law Journal, Martindale-Hubbell, Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers and Avvo. We pride ourselves on our one-on-one customer service and quality lawyers and legal representation, and our team is dedicated to being sensitive to those who struggle to cope with painful loss.
Contact us now at (585) 285-4070 to set up a free consultation, or 150 Linden Oaks Drive, Suite D, Rochester NY 14625, to learn how our legal team will fight for you.