Rochester Construction Accident Lawyers
Construction can be grueling work. The complications of coordinating tasks among dozens of subcontractors and tradespeople are compounded by the ever-present risk of injury. Even a small oversight can cause a huge problem that could leave you injured and out of work for days, weeks, months, even permanently.
If you or a loved one has been seriously hurt on a job site, our top-rated Rochester construction accident lawyers can help you pursue much-needed financial compensation and peace of mind. Belluck & Fox has more than 25 years of experience handling all types of work injury cases, and we have successfully fought for the rights of injured people and their families throughout Rochester. You shouldn’t have to pay for someone else’s mistake.
The dedicated Rochester construction accident law firm of Belluck & Fox will:
- Provide a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your claim. We do not charge any legal fees upfront or out of pocket. And you only owe us if and when we secure compensation for you.
- Craft a strong legal strategy to demand maximum compensation for your construction accident. Our nationally recognized personal injury attorneys have recovered more than $1 billion for injured clients and their loved ones over the years.
- Treat you and your family with the compassion and respect that you deserve. We’re honored that clients praise our customer service. One client said of firm partner Joseph Belluck: “He was first of all comforting … so I didn’t feel that my husband was just ‘one of many clients’ but that Joseph cared to find out who my husband was.”
Don’t let your employer or an insurance company tell you what do. If you’ve been seriously injured at a construction site, you can discuss your case honestly with our trusted Rochester construction accident attorneys.
Contact us today at (585) 285-4070 to schedule a free consultation. We can answer all your questions and identify all potential sources of compensation for you after an accident on the job.
Who Can Be Held Responsible for a Construction Accident in Rochester?
Table of Contents
- 1 Who Can Be Held Responsible for a Construction Accident in Rochester?
- 2 You May Be Entitled to Payment Beyond Workers’ Compensation
- 3 How the Scaffold Law Affects Construction Site Injury Claims in Rochester
- 4 Types of Compensation in Rochester Construction Accident Claims
- 5 Rochester Construction Accident FAQs
- 6 Common Causes of Construction Accidents in Rochester
- 7 Common Rochester Construction Accident Injuries
- 8 Protect Your Rights After a Work Injury
- 9 Our Rochester Construction Accident Attorneys Are Here to Help You
Our savvy legal team will investigate the incident where you were injured so we can identify every party that can be held responsible. Many times, an injured person in a construction site accident is entitled to more than typical workers’ compensation benefits.
Based on your individual circumstances, we could demand compensation from:
- Owners of the construction site and property
- General contractors
- Vehicle drivers
- Distributors or manufacturers of defective equipment
It is vital that you report any construction site accident to your supervisor and seek immediate medical attention. Then contact our Rochester personal injury attorneys so we can investigate what happened and determine who should be held accountable.
You May Be Entitled to Payment Beyond Workers’ Compensation
Under New York State law, workers injured on the job generally are limited to workers’ compensation relief. This addresses medical expenses, a portion of your lost wages and death benefits. However, depending on the circumstances of a construction site injury, there may be additional options for pursuing compensation.
These compensation options depend on the incident where you were injured and who was at fault. For instance:
- New York’s “Scaffold Law” allows workers statewide who suffer injuries related to falls to seek compensation from contractors, owners and their agents.
- If you were hurt because of defective or dangerous equipment, you may pursue compensation from a product manufacturer or a distribution company.
- If you were injured in a motor vehicle collision at a Rochester construction site, you may be able to pursue compensation through the driver’s auto insurance.
- If another subcontractor on site caused the incident where you were hurt, you may seek compensation from that person’s employer.
Our legal team will review your case in detail to determine all potentially liable parties. At Belluck & Fox, our mission is to recover maximum compensation for you.
How the Scaffold Law Affects Construction Site Injury Claims in Rochester
New York State in 1885 took steps to protect construction workers who risked their lives to build the Big Apple’s skyscrapers. More than a century later, this measure, called the “Scaffold Law,” still protects construction workers’ rights statewide to seek full and fair compensation after a devastating accident.
Under New York’s Scaffold Law, construction workers who suffer “gravity-related injuries” or are injured while “working at heights” can pursue payment in addition to a standard workers’ compensation claim.
Types of Compensation in Rochester Construction Accident Claims
A serious injury can take a significant toll on your life beyond missed paychecks and hospital bills. You may no longer be able to enjoy certain activities. Physical pain and emotional stress can impact your family as well. Our Rochester construction accident attorneys understand this burden and take a thorough approach to determining how much compensation we will pursue on your behalf.
Some types of compensation we may advocate for include:
- Payment for past, current and future medical bills
- Lost wages, including how your injury affects your ability to work in the future
- Restitution for pain and suffering
- Punitive damages, which a jury may award in cases involving extreme misconduct
Please call us today at (585) 285-4070 to schedule a free case evaluation with a respected construction accident lawyer in Rochester.
Rochester Construction Accident FAQs
Construction workers build the structures where others make their homes, gather or make a living. Sadly, sometimes these dedicated workers wind up with lives forever changed by gruesome accidents. Some even die. If you have been injured or lost a relative in an accident at a construction site in Rochester or the surrounding community, the experienced and tenacious attorneys at Belluck & Fox are here to help.
When you schedule a free consultation with one of our knowledgeable Rochester construction accident attorneys, we will review the particulars of your case and map out a strategy to obtain the maximum compensation you deserve.
We frequently answer clients’ questions such as:
Can I file a wrongful death claim if I lost a family member in a fatal construction accident in Rochester?
If your relative died in a construction accident, you may be able to pursue a wrongful death claim. Only a personal representative of the deceased’s estate, such as a spouse or another loved one named in a will, can file such claims. Survivors receive damages recovered from a wrongful death claim in compliance with New York State law or based on instructions provided in a will or trust.
I was hurt as a bystander at a construction site in Rochester. Can I pursue compensation?
Negligence on the part of construction workers, contractors, project managers, property owners, vendors and others responsible for safety at a Rochester construction site can lead to serious injuries even for bystanders. People who are hurt while visiting or just passing by construction sites have the right to pursue compensation.
Talk to one of our experienced Rochester construction accident lawyers today to learn more.
How much is my case worth?
The amount of compensation we will pursue in your construction accident case depends on a variety of factors. These include the severity of your injury; the amount of lost wages to date and expected loss of income down the line; the medical costs and any rehabilitative expenses; any awards for pain and suffering, if warranted; and punitive damages for criminal wrongdoing or gross negligence.
Belluck & Fox’s top-ranked construction accident attorneys in Rochester are committed to seeking the maximum compensation you deserve. Our seasoned legal team will thoroughly document how your injury has affected your life.
How long will my case take?
Most cases resolve within 9 to 12 months, often ending with a settlement offer before reaching a jury. That said, some construction accident cases are not resolved until a trial has begun. There also are cases that continue all the way to a final jury verdict or judgment. Regardless of how long this process takes, Belluck & Fox will stand by you and your family to demand full and fair compensation.
Can undocumented workers file claims for compensation if they are hurt on the job in Rochester?
Yes. As long as the laborer did not provide an employer with false paperwork to get the job, undocumented immigrant laborers have the same legal protections and paths to compensation as their coworkers.
If I have been diagnosed with an asbestos disease after being exposed on a construction site years ago, is it too late to pursue compensation?
Asbestos causes mesothelioma, a devastating cancer that can develop up to 60 years after a person’s exposure. This deadly mineral also has been shown to cause lung cancer, asbestosis and many other serious health conditions.
Asbestos exposure is still a risk at construction sites throughout Rochester. These sites used asbestos materials for years ─ and asbestos exposure can occur as workers demolish and renovate older buildings.
Even if you were exposed to asbestos decades ago, you have a right to pursue compensation from those companies that failed to warn you of the dangers of this carcinogen if you have been recently diagnosed with mesothelioma or another asbestos-related disease.
Belluck & Fox has secured more than $1 billion for people who have become ill because of asbestos. Download a free mesothelioma information package, or call us today at (585) 285-4070 for a free consultation.
Common Causes of Construction Accidents in Rochester
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics warns that there are four common causes of construction site accidents, accounting for more than half of all construction deaths. These “Fatal Four” are:
- Being caught in, between or under heavy objects or equipment such as a forklift or crane
- Falls, such as from scaffolding or ladders
- Electrical injuries or electrocution, such as shocks from defective equipment or unsafe grounding of electrical systems
- Being struck by something, such as a falling object
Regardless of the manner in which you were injured, you should speak with an experienced construction accident attorney in Rochester to learn about your rights, especially if negligence was involved.