Throughout New York and across the nation, construction work is ranked among the top 10 most dangerous jobs, according to accident data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
If you or a family member has been seriously hurt on the job, don’t let an employer or an insurance company tell you what do. You need to talk to an experienced New York construction accident lawyer at Belluck & Fox, LLP.
Table of Contents
- 1 Experienced Construction Accident Lawyers in Woodstock, NY – Dedicated to Maximum Compensation for Injured Workers
- 2 Who Can Be Held Responsible for a Construction Accident Injury in Woodstock, NY?
- 3 Pursuing Compensation After a Construction Accident in Woodstock, NY
- 4 Top Causes of Construction Accidents
- 5 Understanding New York’s Scaffold Law and Construction Accident Claims
- 6 Why Choose Our Woodstock, NY Construction Accident Law Firm?
- 7 Our Construction Accident Attorneys in Woodstock, NY Are Here to Help You
Experienced Construction Accident Lawyers in Woodstock, NY – Dedicated to Maximum Compensation for Injured Workers
Construction work is grueling ─ hard on the body and always with a lingering danger of suffering a catastrophic injury. With so many subcontractors and tradesmen working on one job site, it’s easy to understand how a small oversight can turn into a huge accident. Construction workers who are injured on the job may be forced out of work for weeks, months or even permanently.
If you or a family member has been injured on a construction site in Woodstock, you need to learn about your legal right to full and fair compensation. At Belluck & Fox, we have more than 25 years of experience helping construction workers and their families. Our attorneys have recovered more than $1 billion in personal injury settlements and jury awards, and we stand ready to fight for you now.
Contact our Woodstock personal injury lawyers today to schedule a free consultation. We do not charge anything upfront to work on your case, and you owe us nothing unless we recover payment for your injury.
Who Can Be Held Responsible for a Construction Accident Injury in Woodstock, NY?
Our knowledgeable Woodstock lawyers at Belluck & Fox will begin by launching an in-depth investigation into the cause of your accident to determine who should be held responsible. In many construction accident cases, the victim is eligible for more than the typical workers’ compensation benefits.
Depending on the circumstances in your case, our Woodstock construction injury attorneys may pursue compensation from:
- Construction site and property owners
- General contractors
- Manufacturers or distributors of defective equipment or tools
- Drivers of vehicles that caused your injury
It is very important that you report your injury to your supervisor and get medical help as soon as possible. You should also talk to our attorneys right away to get sound legal advice on how to protect your rights.
Pursuing Compensation After a Construction Accident in Woodstock, NY
A catastrophic injury can affect your life in so many ways. In addition to the medical bills and sudden drop in income, you may not be able to enjoy the everyday activities you once loved. Unfortunately, your family may also struggle to cope in the aftermath of a serious accident.
Our Woodstock construction accident attorneys take a detail-oriented approach to determining how much full and fair compensation should be in your case. We may fight for payment for:
- Past and future medical expenses related to your injury
- Lost wages, including your injury’s effect on your future earning capacity
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Punitive damages resulting from extreme misconduct by the at-fault party
- Wrongful death damages for families who have lost loved ones
Schedule a free consultation today to discuss what types of compensation you may be entitled to receive after a construction accident injury.
Top Causes of Construction Accidents
In the construction industry, there are four common types of accidents ─ usually referred to as the “Fatal Four.” They are:
- Falls, such as from ladders or scaffolding
- Electrical injuries or electrocution, like shocks due to unsafe grounding or defective equipment
- Struck by something, like a falling object on a job site
- Caught in, between or under heavy equipment or objects
No matter the cause of your workplace accident, you should consult with a Woodstock personal injury attorney about your legal rights.
Understanding New York’s Scaffold Law and Construction Accident Claims
As the skyscrapers of New York City began rising to great heights in 1885, the state decided it need to protect those workers who were risking their lives to construct these towering high-rises. More than a century later, the so-called “Scaffold Law” continues to protect construction workers’ rights to pursue full and fair compensation after fall-related injuries.
In many cases, New York law limits workers who are hurt on the job to recover relief through workers’ compensation benefits, which only cover medical costs, a portion of lost wages and death benefits. Under the Scaffold Law, though, workers who are injured at construction sites while “working at heights” or workers who suffer “gravity-related injuries” can seek additional compensation beyond workers’ comp benefits.
Why Choose Our Woodstock, NY Construction Accident Law Firm?
- Respected construction accident lawyers in Woodstock with more than 25 years of experience
- Long record of success, recovering more than $1 billion for our deserving clients
- Quality representation and personalized attention
- Top-ranked construction accident attorneys, recommended by former clients and legal professionals
- Always focused on crafting smart legal strategies with the clients’ best interests in mind
- Connected to a network of top expert witnesses throughout New York
- Committed to maintaining good communication with clients to update them throughout the legal process
- Authorized to handle a broad range of construction accidents claims, including Scaffold Law claims and wrongful death cases
Our Construction Accident Attorneys in Woodstock, NY Are Here to Help You
If you or a family member has been hurt in a construction accident, contact the skilled personal injury attorneys at Belluck & Fox today. Our knowledgeable legal team will fight for the full compensation you need and the justice you deserve.
Call (845) 684-4001 to set up a free consultation. We invite you to meet with us at our law office at 52 Laura Lane, Woodstock NY 12498, or one of our qualified attorneys can come to you.