Woodstock Work Injury Lawyers
The threat of a debilitating workplace injury or illness can jeopardize your family’s financial future, whether you operate heavy equipment at a construction site or log time at a desk job in an office.
Any occupation carries the risk of incapacitating work injuries. Hazardous workplace conditions, defective equipment, unexpected falls and inadequate safety precautions are just some of the issues that can lead to life-changing injuries. An injured worker must cope not only with missed pay but medical bills and long-term financial stress.
The compassionate New York work injury attorneys at Belluck & Fox, LLP, believe in fighting for injured workers. Our Woodstock work injury attorneys have more than 25 years of experience in representing workers seriously hurt on the job and those suffering from life-threatening occupational illnesses. Over the years, our nationally respected personal injury attorneys have secured more than $1 billion for our clients and their families.
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a workplace accident, please talk to an experienced workplace accident lawyer in Woodstock today. Call us at (845) 684-4001 or contact us online to set up a free consultation. Our legal team is ready to answer your questions and present your options for pursuing much-needed compensation.
Why Choose Our Trusted Woodstock Workplace Injury Lawyers?
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Choose Our Trusted Woodstock Workplace Injury Lawyers?
- 2 Understanding Your Rights as a Worker in Woodstock
- 3 Beyond Workers’ Compensation: Payment for Workplace Injuries
- 4 Common Causes of Serious Workplace Accidents and Injuries in Woodstock
- 5 Workers Most at Risk for Injury
- 6 Talk to a Top-Rated Woodstock Workplace Accident Lawyer Now
- Our top-rated Woodstock work injury attorneys have more than two decades of experience in litigating complex cases.
- We offer quality representation for people coping with all types of serious work injuries.
- Our Woodstock law firm is extremely knowledgeable about a variety of on-the-job injury claims, including Scaffold Law and wrongful death cases.
- Our lawyers have a consistent track record of success ─ obtaining more than $1 billion in compensation for our deserving clients.
- We are devoted to designing smart legal strategies that produce the best possible results.
- We have built a large database of expert witnesses who can offer advice on complicated work injury claims.
- Trusted legal professionals and satisfied clients regularly recommend our personal injury law firm.
- Our attorneys are committed to maintaining open communication with our clients throughout the entire legal process.
- Our legal team is always available to meet with clients wherever is most convenient, whether in the emergency room, at an urgent-care clinic or at your home. If you’re unable to travel, we’ll come to you.
Understanding Your Rights as a Worker in Woodstock
The U.S. Occupational Safety & Health Administration specifies that employers must provide certain protections for workers, including a work environment “free of known health and safety hazards.”
Yet even with such strict regulations, injuries can and do happen. If you or a family member has been hurt in a workplace accident in Woodstock, there are several legal avenues through which you have a legal right to compensation:
Workers’ Compensation: This is a common option for people as soon as they are hurt in the workplace. The workers’ compensation claims process involves reporting what occurred to your employer and getting prompt medical treatment. We also recommend that you speak with a skilled Woodstock workers’ compensation lawyer about your claim to ensure that you document your injury properly, make a strong case for maximum benefits — and meet the deadlines for your claim. (For instance, New York State requires that workers inform their employers of their injuries — in writing — within 30 days of any workplace incident.)
New York Labor Law: Construction workers hurt on New York job sites may be entitled to compensation under New York State’s “Scaffold Law.” An experienced workplace injury attorney in Woodstock also can help you determine whether your injury falls under this law’s protections if you were hurt at a site because of a falling object, a fall or similar situation.
Defective or Dangerous Equipment Claims: When dangerous products or equipment results in injuries on the job, workers may be entitled to seek compensation from the equipment’s manufacturers or distributors. Talk to one of our skilled attorneys about this option if you think defective equipment or a hazardous product contributed to your injury.
Wrongful Death Claims: Any risky conditions that lead to a death on the job are inexcusable. We realize that no amount of money can undo the loss of a family member in a tragic workplace accident, but pursuing a wrongful death claim on his or her behalf can help relieve any financial burdens on your family.
Beyond Workers’ Compensation: Payment for Workplace Injuries
Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may be entitled to more than the limited relief provided by workers’ compensation. You may be able to receive additional compensation to pay for the following:
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity in the future (if you are unable to return to your same job)
- Past, current and expected injury-related medical costs (including surgery, medications, hospital stays, follow-up care and mobility assistance devices such as wheelchairs)
- Physical, psychological, and emotional pain and suffering
- Punitive damages (in cases involving extreme misconduct)
One of Belluck & Fox’s knowledgeable Woodstock work injury attorneys can help identify all likely sources of compensation for your particular circumstances, as well as document the damages you have experienced. Please call us today at (845) 684-4001 to learn how we can assist you.
Common Causes of Serious Workplace Accidents and Injuries in Woodstock
Sadly, many on-the-job accidents can be prevented. Employees must be trained and equipped properly so they can perform their jobs without putting themselves and others at risk.
In Woodstock, as well as throughout the state, severe workplace injuries tend to occur when:
- Workers overexert themselves by pushing, lifting, carrying or pulling more than they should.
- People trip and fall, slip and fall, or fall from one level to another, such as someone falling from scaffolding at a construction site.
- Workers suffer repetitive motion or stress injuries, or have poor ergonomics.
- An object hits someone in the workplace.
- An employee experiences an unexpected bodily reaction from reaching, climbing, sitting, bending, slipping (without falling) or standing.
- Heavy equipment or machinery causes catastrophic injuries.
- People are compressed by or caught in heavy machinery or a heavy object.
- People are injured in work-related car accidents.
- Workers are exposed to toxic chemicals and other dangerous materials such as asbestos, causing mesothelioma.
- Workers are hurt because of a lack of appropriate safety precautions.
No matter how you were injured where you work, you should talk to a seasoned Woodstock workplace accident lawyer about your right to pursue compensation. Contact Belluck & Fox now at (845) 684-4001 to learn about your next steps.
Workers Most at Risk for Injury
If you or a family member has been seriously injured in a Woodstock workplace accident, you are not alone. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, more than 200,000 people in New York State suffered nonfatal workplace injuries in 2016. Statistics also show that more than 250 workers died statewide in on-the-job accidents that year.
Certain occupations reported higher numbers of injuries than others, such as:
- Health service and education workers
- Construction workers
- Transportation, trade and utility workers
- Manufacturing workers
- Professional and business services
- Hospitality, leisure and entertainment workers
- Retail trade employees
These statistics affirm that no one is shielded from being injured on the job. A workplace accident can change your life in an instant, leaving you and your family struggling financially.
No matter the circumstances, the trusted New York personal injury lawyers at Belluck & Fox want to help you understand your legal rights and can manage every aspect of your claim. That way, you and your loved ones can focus on what’s most important: your health and recovery.
Talk to a Top-Rated Woodstock Workplace Accident Lawyer Now
We’ve seen all too well the stress that injured workers and their families experience while trying to keep their lives together after a debilitating accident. Mounting financial obligations and missing paychecks create an anxiety that at times overwhelms the physical pain.
If you can relate to this situation, please know that you don’t have to face it alone. Let Belluck & Fox carry the burden. Our compassionate personal injury lawyers in Woodstock will evaluate your case at no charge. In fact, we never charge any fees to begin working on your claim. We collect payment only if and when we recover money for you.
Please call us at (845) 684-4001 today, or fill out our online form to get started on your case. You or a loved one are also welcome to visit our law office at 52 Laura Lane, Woodstock NY 12498 — and if you’re unable to travel, our attorneys are always available to meet wherever you find convenient.