Motorcyclists face some of the most serious dangers on the road when it comes to catastrophic crashes. Because riders don’t have the protection of a “cage” around them, they face the risk of a double impact in a crash ─ the first with another vehicle and the second with the road. This can cause life-altering injuries that leave motorcycle accident victims with overwhelming medical bills and other losses. Joe Belluck drives a Harley and is a long time customer of Woodstock Harley Davidson.
At Belluck & Fox, our dedicated NY motorcycle accident attorneys have more than 25 years of experience successfully representing riders who have been seriously harmed in collisions. We understand how insurance companies and other motorists will try to unfairly push the blame onto the motorcyclists, and we will not stand for it. Our aggressive legal team holds careless drivers accountable, and our law firm has secured more than $1 billion for personal injury victims and their families.
Please call (845) 684-4001 or contact us online to set up a free consultation with an experienced Woodstock motorcycle accident lawyer. Our attorneys will review the details of your case and explain your next steps for pursuing the compensation you need to move forward after a crash.
Table of Contents
- 1 How Our Trusted Attorneys Can Help After a Motorcycle Accident in Woodstock, NY
- 2 Demanding Maximum Compensation After a Motorcycle Crash in Woodstock, NY
- 3 Time Limit for Motorcycle Accident Injuries Lawsuits in Woodstock, New York
- 4 Tips for Protecting Your Rights After a Motorcycle Injury in Woodstock, NY
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions About Motorcycle Accidents in Woodstock
- 6 Contact Our Top-Rated Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Woodstock, NY
How Our Trusted Attorneys Can Help After a Motorcycle Accident in Woodstock, NY
If you or a family member has been hurt in a serious motorcycle crash, you shouldn’t have to waste time fighting with an aggressive insurance company. During this difficult time, your focus should be on your recovery.
At Belluck & Fox, our award-winning injury lawyers will take the burden off you. You can count on our knowledgeable legal team to:
Manage all communication related to your personal injury claim.
We shield you from insurance adjusters who would try to take advantage of you while you are at your most vulnerable.
Identify all possible sources of compensation.
We conduct a diligent investigation to pursue compensation from every party that may be liable to you.
Thoroughly calculate what full compensation should be in your case.
Our team will take into account current medical expenses and future bills you may face for ongoing treatment. We will also document losses such as lost income, reduced earning capacity, property damage, and pain and suffering.
Aggressively negotiate and fight for your rights at trial, if necessary.
In most cases, our seasoned attorneys can negotiate full and fair settlements for motorcycle crash victims. However, our respected team of trial attorneys is always prepared to see a case through to a jury verdict.
Schedule a free case review today to discuss the circumstances of your claim and learn how our Woodstock motorcycle accident attorneys can make a difference for you. Our law firm does not charge any attorney fees upfront to begin work on your motorcycle accident case, and you do not pay us anything unless and until we recover compensation for you.
Demanding Maximum Compensation After a Motorcycle Crash in Woodstock, NY
When you schedule a free, no-obligation case consultation with our Woodstock lawyers at Belluck & Fox, we will begin to evaluate the losses you have suffered as a result of your crash. Depending on the circumstances, we may pursue payment for:
- Past, current and future medical bills related to your injury, such as the costs of surgeries, doctor visits, rehabilitative therapies, medicine, assistive devices like wheelchairs, etc.
- Lost income and diminished future earning capacity if you cannot go back to work or must take a lower paying job after the crash
- Costs to repair or replace your motorcycle
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Punitive damages, which may be awarded to punish the at-fault party for extreme misconduct
If you have lost a family member in a motorcycle crash in Woodstock, our compassionate lawyers can also explain how you may be able to seek compensation through a wrongful death lawsuit. Call or fill out our online contact form to schedule a time to talk to a trusted Woodstock motorcycle accident attorney about your case.
Time Limit for Motorcycle Accident Injuries Lawsuits in Woodstock, New York
Although the effects of a serious motorcycle accident can haunt a crash victim for the rest of his or her life, the state does unfortunately place a limit on the amount of time a victim has to file a claim for compensation. In New York State, motorcyclists generally have three years from the date of the crash to file a personal injury claim. However, under certain circumstances, that time limit may be as short as 90 days. In crashes involving a fatality, plaintiffs have two years from the date of the death to file a wrongful death lawsuit in New York.
It is crucial to speak with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney in Woodstock as soon as possible after a crash. Evidence can disappear quickly and witnesses’ memories can fade, so your attorney will want to begin working on your claim right away.
Tips for Protecting Your Rights After a Motorcycle Injury in Woodstock, NY
When you have been hurt in a serious accident, it is easy to feel overwhelmed and unsure of what to do next. However, there are several actions you can take to begin protecting yourself and your legal right to compensation after a crash:
- Call law enforcement. The officers who arrive at the crash scene will fill out an accident report. This can be used as evidence in your case.
- Seek medical attention immediately. It is important that you get treated for obvious injuries, as well as fully examined for possible internal injuries. This initial doctor visit, whether in the emergency room, urgent care, etc., will also start the process of documenting the extent of your injuries.
- Get the other driver’s contact information. You will need the driver’s name, address, driver’s license number and insurance policy number. Afterward, your attorney can follow up.
- Get contact information for any witnesses. Your attorney can go back and take statements from anyone who saw the crash and can support your case.
- Take photographs and notes. If you are able, take photos of the vehicles involved in the accident and any other evidence such as street signs, skid marks, etc. It can also help to write down the details of what happened while they are fresh in your head.
- Talk to a trusted Woodstock motorcycle accident lawyer. Your attorney will want to start work on your claim right away. Remember, the insurance companies already have attorneys working for them. It is important that you level the playing field.
Frequently Asked Questions About Motorcycle Accidents in Woodstock
Being involved in a motorcycle accident and trying to decide how to deal with the insurance companies can leave crash victims with many questions. Our Woodstock motorcycle crash lawyers are available to talk about your case and answer any questions in a free initial consultation.
Some of the common questions our personal injury lawyers answer include:
Should I talk to the insurance company or give the adjuster a statement?
Although you may be required to notify your own insurance company, you are not required to share more than the basic facts, such as the time and place of the accident and the names of the parties involved. Do not give a written or recorded statement without speaking to an attorney, and do not accept a settlement check without having your case evaluated by a lawyer.
Insurance adjusters know how to coax crash victims into making statements that could hurt their claim, and their goal is to pay you as little as possible. Your best move is to let your lawyer handle any communication with the insurance companies.
Can I still seek compensation after a motorcycle accident even if I wasn’t wearing a helmet?
Yes. However, the at-fault driver’s insurance company may argue that your injuries are more serious because you weren’t wearing a helmet. (This can reduce the amount of compensation you are entitled to recover.)
If you have been seriously hurt in a motorcycle wreck and were not wearing a helmet, you should speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer right away to learn about your legal rights.
How much does a motorcycle accident lawyer in Woodstock charge?
Belluck & Fox does not charge any legal fees upfront to begin working on personal injury cases or wrongful death claims. Instead, our firm works on a contingency-fee basis. This means our attorney fees are contingent upon whether we win money for you.
You only pay us if and when we secure money for you. Then, our fee is taken as a percentage of your compensation, usually one-third.
Contact Our Top-Rated Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Woodstock, NY
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a motorcycle wreck due to another driver’s negligence, please contact our skilled attorneys now. Call (845) 684-4001 or fill out our online form to schedule a free consultation.
The experienced New York motorcycle accident lawyers at Belluck & Fox stand ready to fight for justice for you.