Reliable Truck Accident Attorneys in Woodstock - We Can Fight for Your Rights
Large commercial trucks typically weigh 20 to 30 times more than standard passenger cars. So it’s no wonder that collisions involving these behemoths place automobile drivers and passengers at a much greater risk of injury and often result in serious injuries, if not death.
If you or a relative has been hurt in a collision involving a large truck, the knowledgeable Woodstock personal injury lawyers at Belluck & Fox can help. Our respected attorneys have earned professional recognition from Martindale-Hubbell, Super Lawyers and Best Lawyers, and our savvy legal team has secured more than $1 billion in much-needed compensation for our injured clients and their families.
Why Choose the Experience Truck Accident Lawyers at Belluck & Fox?
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Choose the Experience Truck Accident Lawyers at Belluck & Fox?
- 2 Who Can Be Held Liable After a Truck Accident in Woodstock?
- 3 Compensation in a Woodstock Truck Accident Injury Claim
- 4 Why Are Truck Accidents More Complex Claims?
- 5 Common Causes of Truck Crashes in Woodstock
- 6 Common Types of Trucks Involved in Accidents in Woodstock
- 7 Contact Our Woodstock Truck Accident Law Firm for a Free Consultation
You can trust our experienced truck accident attorneys in Woodstock to handle your case with decades of experience and genuine compassion:
- We will assess your case for free and craft a smart legal strategy to pursue the maximum compensation possible for you.
- We will identify every party that could be held accountable, including the truck driver, truck’s owner, the vehicle’s maintenance company, etc.
- We will organize a team of professionals — medical authorities, accident reconstruction specialists and financial experts — to detail what caused the crash and how your injuries have impacted your life.
- We will negotiate tenaciously with insurance companies, as well as prepare to advocate for you in court if necessary.
- We will treat you and your loved ones with the personalized attention and respect you deserve.
Call us today at (845) 684-4001 or use our online form to schedule a free case consultation. Let our skilled Woodstock truck accident lawyers make a difference for you.
Who Can Be Held Liable After a Truck Accident in Woodstock?
When determining liability in a truck accident, many factors come into play. Big rigs have an array of federal and state regulations governing their use. These vehicles also have complex operating systems. Our Woodstock truck accident attorneys will investigate the circumstances surrounding your particular crash to uncover all parties that should be held liable. This may include:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- Companies that hired the driver or trucking company
- Owners of the tractor or trailer (if different from the trucking company)
- A mechanic or garage that did not maintain the truck properly, or who failed to identify a maintenance problem that contributed to the crash
- Vendors that may have had a role in loading the truck unsafely
- Distributors and manufacturers responsible for defective vehicle equipment or parts
- Drivers of other vehicles (in a wreck involving multiple vehicles)
Regardless of the crash’s cause, Belluck & Fox’s seasoned Woodstock truck accident injury attorneys will identify every avenue of possible compensation and build a strong case on your behalf.
Compensation in a Woodstock Truck Accident Injury Claim
When Belluck & Fox goes to work for you, one of our skilled Woodstock truck accident attorneys will review your situation at no cost and explain what types of compensation are available. We may pursue payment for the following:
- Lost wages and diminished future earning capacity
- Past, current and future medical expenses related to your injuries
- Repairs to or replacement of your motor vehicle
- Emotional, physical, and psychological pain and suffering
- Punitive damages (in extreme cases involving severe misconduct)
If you lost a relative in a truck accident, our compassionate Woodstock wrongful death attorneys also can help you file a compensation claim for your family’s financial burdens.
Please contact us today by calling (845) 684-4001 or filling out our online form to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation about your legal rights and how we can assist you.
Why Are Truck Accidents More Complex Claims?
Quite simply, the bigger and heavier the object, the more damaging the blow. Sadly, the severe damage that tractor-trailers, 18-wheelers, semis and other big rigs can cause aren’t the only reason these crashes become complicated.
Truck collisions entail heavy liability for several reasons:
- These crashes frequently involve multiple vehicles, severe injuries, even fatalities. All of that means more money on the line — and intense litigation and negotiations. Our Woodstock truck accident law firm is strong enough to handle teams of lawyers that represent large corporations.
- Some truck drivers lease their 18-wheelers, making the trucker an employee of the owner. Some truckers own their vehicles and work under contract. Our attorneys can sort out all the liable parties, including the driver and trucking company, those who trained or supervised the driver, and workers who loaded and unloaded the cargo.
- Poor maintenance or defective parts also can lead to a crash. That’s why our 18-wheeler accident attorneys in Woodstock are diligent in identifying anyone who could be held liable for faulty parts or improper maintenance, whether a manufacturer, a distributor, a garage or a mechanic.
- Strict federal and state regulations and local rules govern tractor-trailers, covering how many hours are spent driving, licensing for the driver and hauling company, and cargo specifications. The veteran attorneys at Belluck & Fox have a thorough understanding of these complicated trucking regulations and will uncover any violations by the at-fault parties.
- Because of the huge potential costs and risks of property damage, injury and death, semis have complex insurance requirements. Our attorneys are prepared to wade through this layered coverage and negotiate with multiple insurance carriers in pursuit of the full compensation you and your loved ones deserve.
At Belluck & Fox, we appreciate that trucking is a tough job. Truckers and trucking companies work hard to transport the goods that keep America running. Nevertheless, we’ve also seen how people who have been seriously hurt in an accident involving a large semi-truck often find it overwhelming to recover compensation from a tangle of insurance companies without a skilled attorney’s help.
Please call us at (845) 684-4001 to set up a free case evaluation. Our dedicated attorneys are available to meet with you anywhere in Woodstock or Ulster County that you find convenient. We’ve frequently met our clients in their homes, at a hospital or at another health care facility.
Common Causes of Truck Crashes in Woodstock
Every truck collision is different because of the road conditions, the drivers’ behavior, the vehicles involved and other circumstances. However, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration have identified several common factors for these crashes. These include:
- Inattentive or distracted driving
- Falling asleep or being physically impaired (e.g., having a heart attack, a seizure or other health issue)
- Over-the-counter or prescription drug use
- Tailgating or following other vehicles too closely
- Overcompensating or driver panic
- Speeding or driving too fast for the road conditions
- Equipment failure, such as brake and tire problems
- Interrupted traffic flow, such as congestion from another crash
- Problematic road conditions or unfamiliarity with the road
Belluck & Fox’s skilled Woodstock truck accident lawyers will investigate your collision thoroughly, including obtaining information from the vehicle’s data recorder and the trucker’s logs. Our mission is to pinpoint what caused the crash and who should compensate you.
Common Types of Trucks Involved in Accidents in Woodstock
Over our decades of practice, the seasoned Woodstock car accident attorneys at Belluck & Fox have worked with clients who have been injured in all kinds of crashes. We have seen how the type and size of the truck matters, as does its load, such as corrosive or explosive cargo on tankers or unsecured loads on other trucks. For example:
- Tractor-trailers (also known as 18-wheelers, semi-trailers, semis or big rigs) have significant blind spots and high centers of gravity. Tractor-trailers typically need 40 percent more time to stop than regular passenger vehicles. Drivers must compensate for critical differences in weight, such as when they drive without cargo or “bobtail” without the trailer itself.
- Tanker trucks also have high centers of gravity and significant blind spots. Victims involved in a collision with a tanker truck not only face serious injuries but burns or breathing hazards from the leaks or spills of toxic loads
- Flatbed trucks can lose their loads because of the cargo being improperly secured, poor road conditions or dangerous driving.
- Tow trucks are often considered a help; however, improperly trained drivers can turn tow trucks into significant dangers. In addition, improperly secured vehicles on tow trucks can wreak havoc on the road if they break loose.
- Garbage and dump trucks have large blind spots, operate in residential areas and make frequent stops — a recipe for risk not only to other drivers but bicyclists and pedestrians as well.
Contact Our Woodstock Truck Accident Law Firm for a Free Consultation
The last thing you and your family should have to worry about after a serious truck accident is how to pay medical bills and related expenses.Contact an experienced Woodstock truck accident lawyer at Belluck & Fox today at (845) 684-4001, or fill out our online form to schedule a free consultation and learn how we can ease that pressure and provide peace of mind.
You are also welcome to visit our law office at 52 Laura Lane, Woodstock NY 12498. If you are unable to travel, our firm can send a skilled Woodstock truck accident attorney to meet with you at a location of your choosing.
Our Woodstock law firm does not charge any fees to begin working on your personal injury claim or wrongful death case. In fact, you pay us only if and when we recover money for you and your family. Please tell us the details of your situation, and learn how we can assist you.