Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
Woodstock is a beautiful place to live and work, away from the hustle and bustle of big-city life but filled with creativity and inspiration. Unfortunately, as friendly and peaceful as Woodstock seems, accidents can and do happen.
A pedestrian accident can leave a victim with serious injuries that can haunt them for a lifetime. At Belluck & Fox, our Woodstock pedestrian accident lawyers have more than 25 years of experience fighting for the rights of pedestrians who were harmed by negligent drivers. Our compassionate legal team has also helped many families who have lost loved ones due to tragic pedestrian accidents.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian crash, you should learn about your legal right to compensation.
Our Pedestrian Accident Law Firm in Woodstock, NY is here to help:
Table of Contents
- 1 Our Pedestrian Accident Law Firm in Woodstock, NY is here to help:
- 2 How Our Woodstock Lawyers Can Help After a Pedestrian Car Accident
- 4 Understanding Compensation in Pedestrian Accident Cases in Woodstock, NY
- 5 Damages Our Law Firm Pursues After Pedestrian Injuries in Woodstock
- 6 Statute of Limitations on Pedestrian Accident Injury Claims in Woodstock, New York
- 7 Talk to Our Pedestrian Injury Lawyer in Woodstock, NY Today for Free
Our skilled trial lawyers have won more than $1 billion for our clients and their families.
As top-rated personal injury lawyers, we have been recognized with many professional honors, such as Largest Verdicts of the Year in The National Law Journal. We are also well-regarded by respected peer review services such as Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers and Martindale-Hubbell.
Our attorneys are aggressive in holding negligent drivers accountable but extremely compassionate to our clients.
We know that pedestrian accident victims face heavy burdens as they struggle to heal. That’s why our team does all the legal legwork to take as much of the pressure off you as possible.
Our lawyers conduct an extensive investigation and work with teams of experts to craft a strong case for you.
Our respected pedestrian accident lawyers in Woodstock may work with medical specialists, accident reconstruction experts and financial professionals to demonstrate how serious your injuries truly are and what full and fair compensation should be in your case.
If you have lost a loved one or been seriously injured in a pedestrian accident in Woodstock, please call us at (845) 684-4001 or contact us online to discuss the details of your case in a free consultation. Our law firm works on a contingency-fee basis, meaning you do not pay anything unless and until we secure compensation for you.
How Our Woodstock Lawyers Can Help After a Pedestrian Car Accident
After a serious car accident, injured victims should be completely focused on getting well, not arguing with aggressive insurance companies. You can trust the experienced Woodstock personal injury lawyers at Belluck & Fox to handle all of that for you.
Our top-rated pedestrian accident attorneys will:
- Stand up to insurance companies that want to minimize your losses. Insurance adjusters and their lawyers typically offer very minimal settlements to accident victims, even when the case is worth much more. They also try to push blame onto the victim with the goal of lessening the payout amount. Our law firm knows the games insurance companies play, and we will build a smart strategy for beating them.
- Identify all possible sources of compensation. In addition to the driver who hit you, there may be other liable parties or sources of compensation. For example, if the vehicle had a defective part that led to the crash, we could pursue compensation from the manufacturer. Our attorneys will also go over your own insurance policy to identify what coverage may be available.
- Perform a comprehensive assessment of damages. For many pedestrian accident victims, the initial treatment is just the beginning. You may need many months ─ or years ─ of rehabilitative therapy, follow-up doctor visits, medications, etc. Other consequences include missing time from work or having to leave your job completely, as well as ongoing pain and suffering.
- Build a solid wrongful death case if the worst has occurred. If you have lost a loved one in a
pedestrian crash, you should never have to face the stress of dealing with ruthless insurance companies. Our compassionate wrongful death attorneys in Woodstock will handle your case with respect and sensitivity during this difficult time.
Call our Woodstock law firm at (845) 684-4001 or contact us online to set up a free, no-obligation case consultation today. Our attorneys can review the details of your case and explain all your legal options for moving forward.
Understanding Compensation in Pedestrian Accident Cases in Woodstock, NY
A pedestrian who is hurt in a traffic crash in Woodstock is still subject to New York State’s “no-fault” insurance laws. However, being on foot vs. in a car does change things. Here’s how:
- A pedestrian who is hurt can recover medical expenses, lost income and other reasonable costs from the at-fault motorist’s insurance company. The pedestrian can also access any potential supplemental insurance.
- An injured pedestrian can also recover compensation for related expenses by tapping into his or her own auto insurance. Or the victim may be able to file a claim with the auto insurance policy of a household relative.
- If the accident victim was involved in a hit-and-run and cannot file a claim with his or her own insurance policy, the victim can file a claim for compensation with New York State’s Motor Vehicle Accident Indemnification Corp.
- If infrastructure issues, such as potholes, were a factor in the accident, the pedestrian can pursue damages from the government body or property owner that was responsible.
Filing claims for compensation involving a serious pedestrian accident in Woodstock can be very complicated. So it is crucial to hire an experienced Woodstock pedestrian accident lawyer who has handled these types of cases before and know how to fight for you.
Contact Belluck & Fox now to talk about your case and learn about the various time limits that may apply when filing a claim.
Damages Our Law Firm Pursues After Pedestrian Injuries in Woodstock
As part of your free consultation, our Woodstock pedestrian accident lawyers will go over all the different types of compensation we may pursue as part of your recovery. Depending the circumstances in your specific case, we may seek:
- Compensation for past, current and future medical expenses related to your injuries
- Payment for lost income and reduced earning potential in the future
- Awards for physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Punitive damages, which may be awarded in cases involving extreme misconduct or malicious behavior
An innocent pedestrian should not have to pay for a negligent driver’s mistakes. Let our legal team help you demand the full and fair compensation you deserve. Schedule a free case consultation now.
Statute of Limitations on Pedestrian Accident Injury Claims in Woodstock, New York
New York State has a statute of limitations, or time limit, for filing personal injury claims after an auto accident. The standard limit for pedestrian accident claims is three years for victims who suffered a personal injury or two years for wrecks involving wrongful death.
In some cases, victims may have as little as 90 days to file a claim. In addition, the insurance companies have other deadlines that must be met.
Failure to meet the specified deadlines can mean losing your right to pursue a claim for compensation. So it’s important to talk to our knowledgeable Woodstock pedestrian accident attorneys as soon as possible.
Talk to Our Pedestrian Injury Lawyer in Woodstock, NY Today for Free
If you or a loved one has been seriously hurt in a pedestrian accident, call our Woodstock law office now at (845) 684-4001 to set up a free case review with our trusted New York personal injury lawyers. Our skilled legal team is here to help you and your family pursue the justice you deserve.
At Belluck & Fox, we take pedestrian accident cases on a contingency-fee basis. This means clients do not pay anything upfront to start their claim. Instead, our attorneys collect legal fees only if and when we secure compensation for you. Our fee is then calculated as a percentage of that compensation.
We invite you to visit our Woodstock law firm at 52 Laura Lane, Woodstock NY 12498, or an experienced attorney from our firm can meet with you at a location of your choosing. We want to make working with us as easy as possible for you.