Woodstock Slip and Fall Lawyers
People who suffer from serious slip and fall accidents often struggle to deal with debilitating pain, ongoing medical problems and overwhelming financial burdens related to their injuries. Especially if a person cannot go back to work due to the injuries, the stress can build as everyday expenses begin to pile up.
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident that was caused by a property owner’s or manager’s negligence, you can demand financial compensation for the damages you have suffered. The top-rated Woodstock personal injury attorneys at Belluck & Fox can review the circumstances of your case and go over your legal rights during a free consultation. Our respected New York personal injury law firm is widely recognized for securing full compensation for victims of slip and fall accidents, and our team is prepared to fight for you now.
Call our Woodstock law office at (845) 684-4001 today to get started on your claim.
Why Choose Our Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Woodstock, NY?
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Choose Our Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Woodstock, NY?
- 2 Duties of Property Owners in Woodstock
- 3 What Do You Have to Prove in a Slip and Fall Lawsuit?
- 4 Compensation for a Fall-Related Injury
- 5 How to Protect Your Rights After a Fall on Someone Else’s Property
- 6 How Long Do You Have to File a Slip and Fall Lawsuit in New York?
- 7 Talk to an Experienced Slip and Fall Attorney in Woodstock, NY Today for Free
Trusted law firm in Woodstock with more than 25 years of experience successfully handling a variety of complex premises liability cases
Established track record of success, securing more than $1 billion for personal injury victims and their families
Highly recommended by clients and respected legal professionals
Top-quality representation and compassionate customer service
Duties of Property Owners in Woodstock
Property owners and building managers must take reasonable precautions to prevent injuries from occurring on their premises. This is particularly true when the property owner has been notified of a dangerous condition. Owners and managers must also repair any dangerous conditions in a timely manner.
Property owners and managers are considered negligent when they know of an unsafe condition ─ or should have known ─ but do not address the issue. Examples of this include ignored spills, inadequate lighting, poorly maintained stairways, or torn or lumpy carpets.
What Do You Have to Prove in a Slip and Fall Lawsuit?
Our seasoned slip and fall lawyers in Woodstock will collect detailed evidence to build a strong case against the at-fault party. As part of this, we will need to prove that:
- You were on the premises legally. (Or if you were trespassing, the manager or owner knew it.)
- The at-fault party knew (or should have known) about the dangerous situation on the property but did not make an effort to fix it.
- The property owner’s or manager’s negligence led to your injury.
When our attorneys evaluate your case, we will work to calculate all the damages you have suffered as a result of your injury. Depending on the circumstances of your case, we may demand payment for:
- Past, current and future medical bills
- Lost income and diminished earning capacity in the future
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Punitive damages, which can be awarded in extreme cases as punishment for the at-fault party
Our personal injury lawyers in Woodstock work with a team of professionals and experts to determine your full medical expenses and loss of income. Our team will document all of the expenses related to your injury (including transportation costs, housing modifications and other expenses). Our lawyers will also explain how you can help document the pain and suffering you are experiencing.
Contact us today to get started on your claim. Our Woodstock slip and fall lawyers are here to help.
How to Protect Your Rights After a Fall on Someone Else’s Property
If you have been hurt in a fall on someone else’s property, there are actions you should take to protect your legal right to compensation. Our experienced Woodstock slip and fall accident lawyers suggest that you:
- Get medical help as soon as possible. Sometimes injuries are obvious, but others may be internal, posing a threat as they get worse over time.
- Report the accident to the property owner or manager. You should request a written record of the accident, or you can write your own report that includes the basic details of the accident such as the time, location and who witnessed the fall.
- Take photos of the place where the fall happened, especially any evidence such as slippery surfaces, tripping dangers, etc., that caused you to fall.
- Write down what you recall about the accident right away. This helps you remember details that you could forget over time.
- Get the names and contact information for any witnesses. Also write down the names and contact information for any medical professionals or law enforcement officers who respond to the scene.
- Save any evidence that may be helpful in your case, such as the shoes and clothing you were wearing when you fell.
Contact a knowledgeable Woodstock slip and fall accident lawyer as soon as possible to discuss what happened and decide how to proceed. Your lawyer can manage all communication with the at-fault party and the insurance company while crafting a solid case for the compensation you will need to heal.
How Long Do You Have to File a Slip and Fall Lawsuit in New York?
New York State places a strict statute of limitations, or time limit, on how long you have to file an injury claim after an accident. In most cases, you have three years from the date of the injury to file a claim. However, in some cases, you may face a time limit of as short as 90 days.
This is why it is important to speak with a skilled NY slip and fall attorney as soon as possible to learn about your legal rights and begin the legwork necessary to file a claim for compensation.
Talk to an Experienced Slip and Fall Attorney in Woodstock, NY Today for Free
If you have been injured by slipping, tripping and falling on someone else’s property in Woodstock, you need to speak with a trusted attorneys about your legal right to compensation. Contact the top-reviewed Woodstock slip and fall lawyers at Belluck & Fox today for a free consultation. We do not charge any fees to begin work on your case, and you pay us nothing unless we win money for you.
Our Woodstock law office is located at 52 Laura Lane, Woodstock NY 12498. Our dedicated Woodstock lawyers at Belluck & Fox are available to meet with you at our office or visit with you in your home or any other location of your choosing. Just let us know what works best for you.
We also handle mesothelioma or asbestos cases. Contact our reliable Woodstock mesothelioma attorneys at Belluck & Fox for more information.