Albany Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
You expect that the nursing home you trust to care for your elderly parent or other relative will treat residents with respect and watch over them with a team of qualified professionals.
But sadly, nursing home abuse and neglect is all too common in Albany, throughout New York and across the United States. This abuse and neglect of some of the most vulnerable among us can take many forms and, perhaps more disturbing, can lead to your loved one’s declining health and even death.
Take action now by talking to one of our experienced New York nursing home abuse attorneys. A consultation is free, and you do not pay us anything unless and until we recover payment for the damages your family has suffered.
Signs of Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse
Table of Contents
- 1 Signs of Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse
- 2 How to Report Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect in Albany
- 3 Legal Options for Victims of Nursing Home Abuse in Albany
- 4 Nursing Home Regulations in New York State
- 5 Nursing Home Residents’ Rights
- 6 Call an Albany Nursing Home Abuse Attorney at Belluck & Fox for Help with Your Case
- 7 Our Capital District Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys Protect Those Who Can’t Protect Themselves
No one wants to imagine that a caregiver at a nursing home facility could hurt an elderly resident or allow a vulnerable resident to be hurt. Nevertheless, the U.S. Administration on Aging has identified several warning signs of potential elder abuse. These include:
- Pressure marks
- Broken bones
- Unattended medical needs
- Weight loss
- Poor hygiene
- Atypical depression
- Unexplained withdrawal from regular activities
- Sudden change in alertness
- Strained or tense relatio