Asbestos companies put profit above people for decades, manufacturing hazardous products without warning workers and consumers about the grave health issues these materials could cause.
Now, people who worked around asbestos and who were exposed to it secondhand are coping with life-threatening diagnoses of mesothelioma, lung cancer, asbestosis and other serious illnesses.
The skilled New York mesothelioma attorneys at Belluck & Fox are determined to hold these companies accountable — and obtain justice for the harm they have caused. For more than 25 years, our dedicated team has fought for full and fair compensation for New Yorkers coping with asbestos-related diseases.
Table of Contents
- 1 Our Albany Asbestos Law Firm Can Make a Difference for You
- 2 Why Choose the Respected Albany Asbestos Lawyers at Belluck & Fox?
- 3 Our Albany Asbestos Attorneys Fight for Maximum Compensation
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions About Asbestos
- 5 We Have In-Depth Knowledge of Asbestos Job Sites Across the Capital District
- 6 What to Expect When You Trust Your Case to Our Experienced Asbestos Lawyers in Albany
- 7 Let Our Top-Ranked Albany Asbestos Lawyers Stand Strong for You
Our Albany Asbestos Law Firm Can Make a Difference for You
Mesothelioma patients and families throughout New York turn to our Albany mesothelioma law firm because:
Our asbestos law firm solely focuses on cases involving mesothelioma, lung cancer and asbestos-related diseases. Because of the complexity of these types of cases, asbestos litigation is a specialized field. If you want to battle with a large corporation, you need a seasoned team of asbestos attorneys with the resources and knowledge to help you.
Our experienced legal team can quickly track down when and where you were exposed to asbestos because we have already investigated asbestos companies and job sites throughout Albany and the rest of New York.
Our team is nationally recognized for our success in handling asbestos claims. Belluck & Fox has obtained more than $1 billion in verdicts and asbestos settlements for clients throughout New York and across the United States.
Our lawyers are dedicated to compassionate client service. We have seen the physical and emotional toll that asbestos illness takes on our clients, so we are determined to take as much of the burden off them as possible. As one family member told us: “Thank you so much for your patience, expertise and endurance yesterday at my dad’s deposition. You handled him with care and were mindful of his needs.”
Why Choose the Respected Albany Asbestos Lawyers at Belluck & Fox?
Experienced Albany asbestos attorneys with a national reputation
Known for recovering more than $1 billion for asbestos victims and their families
Committed to connecting clients with the best medical experts and treatment centers
Dedicated to open communication with clients and families throughout the legal process
Free case review, reasonable attorney fees ─ no costs unless we recover for you
Schedule a free consultation today with our knowledgeable Albany asbestos attorneys at Belluck & Fox to learn more about what types of compensation you could receive. When you call or fill out our online form, one of the partners from our firm will contact you personally within 24 hours.
Our Albany Asbestos Attorneys Fight for Maximum Compensation
We understand that no amount of money can buy back lost time or restore one’s health — but it can make life easier for you and your family by reducing the stress and worry that a life-threatening illness can bring. Depending on the circumstances of your case, our legal team may pursue maximum payment for:
- Lost income and reduced future earning capacity
- Past and current medical bills, as well as the cost of future medical expenses
- Travel costs related to treatment
- Pain and suffering damages
The only way to know what your case is worth is to speak with a skilled Albany asbestos lawyer who can thoroughly evaluated the losses you have suffered as a result of your illness. Call us at (518) 621-2699 to schedule a free case review today.
Frequently Asked Questions About Asbestos
What Is Asbestos?
Asbestos is a mineral that is crushed and milled into a fine particulate and was frequently used in building, industrial, commercial and household insulation products.
From 1890 to 1970, more than 250 million tons of asbestos were used in the United States in products such as insulation, fireproofing, cements, pipe coverings, automotive brakes, gaskets, refractory materials, floor tiles and joint compounds.
As early as the 1920s, the companies that made these products knew of the dangers of asbestos. However, asbestos companies continued to use and sell their dangerous products until the 1980s without warning the public of these hazards. Alternative materials were available that could have been used in place of asbestos.
Today, the United States and other countries still have not banned the use of asbestos, but it is not as widespread as it once was.
What Occupations Were Most at Risk for Exposure?
Because of the common use of asbestos, many types of workers were at risk for exposure, including mechanics, factory workers, machinists, pipefitters, plumbers, powerhouse workers, sheet metal workers, electricians, construction workers and shipyard workers. Veterans, particularly those who served in the Navy, also had a high risk for exposure.
What Types of Products Contained Asbestos?
- Insulating Blankets
- Insulating Tape
- Block Insulation
- Pipe Coverings
- Brake Linings
- Spray-on Fireproofing
- Acoustical Plaster
- Floor Tiles
- Ceiling Tiles
- Hair Dryers
- Cigarette Filters
- Packing materials
- Joint Compounds
- Lab Equipment
- Asphalt products
- Refractory products
- Electrical Products
This is just a partial list of products known to contain asbestos. From 1942 through the 1980s, asbestos was a common ingredient or component in these products. Some products, such as gaskets, contained asbestos well after the 1980s. Still today, asbestos-containing materials are not banned in the United States.
If I Don’t Remember How I Was Exposed to Asbestos, What Can I Do?
Asbestos-related diseases take decades to manifest, so it’s natural for people who are ill now not to remember the exact time, place or nature of their asbestos exposure years earlier. Some people were exposed to asbestos without realizing it. This mineral appeared in so many everyday products, from cement to automotive brakes — even talcum powder.
Our dedicated Albany asbestos attorneys can review your work, military service and life history to identify where you were exposed to asbestos. In addition, our legal staff has already researched asbestos use at many job sites ─ including shipyards, powerhouses, office buildings, schools and factories ─ throughout New York.
We are confident that can find the evidence needed to prove how you were exposed to asbestos and the companies that should be held responsible for your illness.
We Have In-Depth Knowledge of Asbestos Job Sites Across the Capital District
Our attorneys have successfully represented workers harmed at a variety of asbestos job sites throughout the Capital District, including:
- Albany Steam Station
- Knoll Atomic Power Lab
- Albany Mall
- Empire State Plaza
- Albany Medical Center
- Albany Stratton VA Medical Center
- Watervliet Arsenal
- Niagara Mohawk Glenmont Powerhouse
- Niagara Mohawk Sheridan Avenue Steam Station
- Harriman State Office Building Campus
- Honeywell-Green Island
- Bendix-Green Island
- Ellis Hospital-Schenectady
- General Electric-Schenectady
What to Expect When You Trust Your Case to Our Experienced Asbestos Lawyers in Albany
Asbestos-related diseases such as malignant mesothelioma and lung cancer can develop decades after a person’s exposure to asbestos. That is why tracing your history of exposure requires a thorough investigation to ferret out which companies manufactured the asbestos products to which you were exposed.
When you work with the skilled Albany asbestos lawyers at Belluck & Fox, here’s what you can expect:
- A knowledgeable attorney will meet with you for a free case consultation in your home, at a health care facility or any other location that is convenient for you. We can also discuss your case over the phone, if you prefer.
- Our attorneys will review your work history and any time you have spent in the military to begin our investigation into your asbestos exposure.
- We will also talk about your diagnosis and treatment plans. As our investigation continues, we will gather medical records to document your illness. We also may consult with medical experts.
- Our legal team will compile other evidence, such as blueprints of the buildings, ships or shipyards where you worked. We also may interview former coworkers and colleagues to learn what they remember about asbestos products being used.
- We will use the extensive documentation we’ve gathered to make a strong claim for maximum compensation from the asbestos companies that are responsible for your exposure. This could mean filing claims with asbestos bankruptcy funds, filing an asbestos lawsuit or both.
- Our seasoned litigators will also prepare for trial. Although most asbestos companies would rather settle a claim than risk going to court, there are cases that reach a judge and jury. Our attorneys always put our clients’ health needs first, so don’t worry about traveling to court to testify. We will advocate tenaciously on your behalf.
Many clients ask us how long an asbestos lawsuit takes. To be honest, building a strong case does take time, but our extensive experience in this field enables us to work as efficiently as possible.
Our asbestos attorneys in Albany usually ask that the court resolve cases within one year because of the severity of asbestos-related diseases. We also frequently obtain settlements within 30 days.
If you’d like to learn more about how our asbestos attorneys will fight for you and your family, please contact us today to schedule a free case consultation.
Let Our Top-Ranked Albany Asbestos Lawyers Stand Strong for You
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with mesothelioma or another asbestos-related disease, know that you’re not alone. The seasoned legal team at Belluck & Fox is here to help.
You and your loved ones deserve justice from the asbestos companies that put you in this position, and our experienced asbestos attorneys serving Albany, Latham, Schenectady, Troy and Saratoga Springs are ready to support you.
Schedule a free case consultation today with our Albany asbestos law firm, and learn why patients from across the nation rely on us to pursue the much-needed compensation they deserve. Call us at (518) 621-2699 or feel free to visit our Capital District law office at 646 Plank Road, #105, Clifton Park NY 12065.
GET HELP NOW