Table of Contents
- 1 Trusted Albany Pedestrian Accident Lawyer – Fighting for the Justice You Deserve
- 2 How a Lawyer Can Help After a Car and Pedestrian Accident
- 3 How Compensation Works in Albany Pedestrian Accident Cases
- 4 Talk to a Top-Rated Personal Injury Lawyer at Belluck & Fox for Help with Your Pedestrian Accident Claim
- 5 We Fight for Maximum Compensation in Pedestrian Accident Cases
- 6 Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Albany
- 7 Contact Belluck & Fox for a Free Consultation
Trusted Albany Pedestrian Accident Lawyer – Fighting for the Justice You Deserve
When we are not behind the wheel, we have a right to feel safe walking where we live, work and socialize. We should not have to worry that we will be struck walking along a sidewalk or crossing an intersection. Yet that old saying about pedestrians “always having the right of way” does little to shield us against careless and negligent drivers.
At Belluck & Fox, our top-rated Albany car accident lawyers are here to help pedestrians who have been hurt or families who have lost a loved one to a serious and preventable crash caused by a car, truck, or motorcycle. For more than two decades, our firm has been representing people who were needlessly put in harm’s way and securing them full and fair compensation for what they have experienced.
People involved in pedestrian accidents choose our Albany personal injury law firm because:
- Our tenacious litigators have earned more than $1 billion for our clients and their families. Our success has earned Belluck & Fox many professional honors, including accolades from Martindale-Hubbell, Best Lawyers and Super Lawyers, as well as recognition such as Largest Verdicts of the Year in The National Law Journal.
- Our lawyers fight aggressively to hold negligent parties accountable, but that fierce advocacy is driven by compassion for our clients. We have seen firsthand how people who have been injured in pedestrian accidents face intense struggles to heal, so we are determined to do whatever we can to take the stress of pursuing compensation off you.
- Our knowledgeable pedestrian accident lawyers in Albany conduct in-depth investigations and enlist a battery of experts to build strong cases. We frequently call on experts such as medical and financial professionals and accident reconstruction specialists to show how you were injured and who should be held responsible.
If you have been injured severely or lost a family member in a pedestrian accident in Albany, contact us today at (518) 621-2699 to learn how we will fight for the justice you deserve. Our firm works on a contingency-fee basis, which means we do not charge anything to evaluate your case, and we charge no legal fees to start on your claim. In fact, you pay us only if and when we recover money for you.
How a Lawyer Can Help After a Car and Pedestrian Accident
After a serious injury, you shouldn’t worry about wrangling with insurance companies and their aggressive legal teams. Trust the skilled personal injury lawyers at Belluck & Fox to advocate for you while you focus on healing.
Here’s what our dedicated pedestrian accident attorneys in Albany can do:
- Take on insurance companies and minimize your stress. Insurance company lawyers and adjusters like to save money, so they’ll unfairly try to place blame in your direction to reduce their payout. We are well familiar with the games they play, and we know how to design a solid strategy against them. Our team will also manage all communication with the insurers, so you do not have to worry about what to say.
- Identify and pursue all possible compensation sources. Not all pedestrian accidents involve an individual driver. Some pedestrians are struck by a taxi, bus or other on-the-job vehicle. In those instances, we’ll file a claim against both the driver and the company. Sometimes a faulty or defective part causes a crash, in which case, we’ll file a claim against the manufacturer. We will also review your insurance policy to determine what coverage is available.
- Assess what the maximum compensation should be in your case. Once the stitches come out or the cast comes off, your injuries aren’t over. You might need occupational therapy, physical therapy or psychological counseling. You’re also entitled to payment for lost wages and pain and suffering. Our goal is to ensure that you are not left with lingering financial burdens after an accident.
- Build a strong wrongful death case. If the worst has happened and a loved one has died because of a pedestrian accident, you can count on our experienced Albany wrongful death attorneys to handle your claim with sensitivity and compassion.
Call us at (518) 621-2699 or fill out our online form today to schedule a free, no-obligation case consultation and learn how we will help you and your family fight for the justice you deserve.
How Compensation Works in Albany Pedestrian Accident Cases
A pedestrian accident victim in Albany is subject to New York State’s “no fault” insurance laws. However, being on foot makes a difference:
- An injured pedestrian can tap the insurance of the at-fault motorist or motorists to recover payment for lost wages, medical bills and other reasonable costs. If the motorist’s insurance policy has supplemental coverage, an injured pedestrian may be able to access that, too.
- Under the state’s “no fault” laws, an injured pedestrian also can use his or her own auto insurance policy, or the policy of a relative who is part of the household at the time of the accident, to cover expenses.
- In situations where an injured pedestrian does not have access to the motorist’s insurance information, such as a hit-and-run, the pedestrian can file a claim with New York State’s Motor Vehicle Accident Indemnification Corp. if the pedestrian cannot tap into his or her own insurance policy.
- Lastly, if public or private infrastructure problems such as potholes contributed to the collision, the injured pedestrian can seek damages from a property owner or responsible government body.
Filing compensation claims after a serious pedestrian accident in Albany can be complicated, so it’s key to have an experienced attorney on your side. Contact us today at (518) 621-2699 to learn more about the compensation process and various time limits that could affect your case.
Talk to a Top-Rated Personal Injury Lawyer at Belluck & Fox for Help with Your Pedestrian Accident Claim
- Respected Albany accident attorneys with a significant track record of fighting for the rights of injured pedestrians
- Experienced in handling pedestrian accident claims throughout New York State
- A law firm with the resources and staff to investigate claims thoroughly and uncover essential evidence
- More than $1 billion in compensation recovered for injured victims and families
- Committed to pursuing the best possible outcome for pedestrians hurt in serious car accidents
We Fight for Maximum Compensation in Pedestrian Accident Cases
The skilled Albany pedestrian accident lawyers at Belluck & Fox will review the circumstances of your crash and determine the types of compensation we can pursue for you. Although circumstances vary, here’s a sampling of what we might fight for:
- Payment for lost wages and diminished future earning capacity
- Compensation for past, current and future injury-related medical bills
- Awards for pain and suffering related to the accident
- Punitive damages, in cases where an at-fault party’s malicious behavior or extreme misconduct led to the crash
You shouldn’t have to pay for someone else’s mistakes. Call us at (518) 621-2699 or fill out our online form today to schedule a free case consultation.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Albany
New York State Department of Motor Vehicles statistics show there were 14,952 crashes involving pedestrians and motor vehicles in 2014. Of those, 269 involved fatalities and 14,114 caused personal injuries.
What’s more, 65 of the total crashes involved a pedestrian and a motorcycle, and a handful — 11 — involved a motor vehicle, a pedestrian and a bicycle.
Of the total number of crashes, about 81 percent involved one or more contributing factors. The top contributing factors are as follows:
- Driver inattention or distraction (about 25 percent)
- Failure to yield the right of way (about 25 percent)
- Confusion on behalf of the pedestrian or other party (about 23 percent)
- Backing unsafely (about 6 percent)
- Disregarding traffic controls (about 3 percent)
- Unsafe speed (about 3 percent)
- Alcohol (about 3 percent)
- Aggressive driving (about 2 percent)
Contact Belluck & Fox for a Free Consultation
Schedule a free consultation with our trustworthy Albany personal injury attorneys at Belluck & Fox now, and learn how we will fight for justice for you and your family.