Albany Trial Lawyer
At Belluck & Fox, LLP, we focus solely on complex personal injury claims and have earned a reputation for taking on large corporations and insurance giants on behalf of individuals and families.
Our skilled Albany mesothelioma trial attorneys have the experience and resources necessary to help clients recover maximum compensation for lost income, medical bills, and any future expenses related to their injuries or illness. We have successfully recovered more than $1 billion for our clients who were harmed due to the negligence of others.
Our New York law firm’s primary practice area is asbestos litigation. Asbestos is a dangerous carcinogen proven to cause such life-threatening illnesses as mesothelioma, lung cancer, and asbestosis. But for decades, it was commonly used in industrial, construction, commercial and household products.
Companies that produced asbestos-containing materials understood the health dangers but failed to warn workers and the public. As a result, people who were exposed to the mineral years ago are now being diagnosed with asbestos-related diseases.
For more than two decades, our respected mesothelioma trial attorneys have been working to protect the rights of asbestos victims and their families. We’re dedicated to getting justice for the harm they have suffered.
Put Our Albany Mesothelioma Trial Attorneys to Work for You
Table of Contents
- 1 Put Our Albany Mesothelioma Trial Attorneys to Work for You
- 2 How long does an asbestos lawsuit take?
- 3 Why Choose Belluck & Fox? We Get Results.
- 3.1 Top-rated mesothelioma trial lawyers with decades of experience High-quality representation and compassionate service from experienced asbestos attorneys More than $1 billion in verdicts and settlements Recommended by mesothelioma patients and their families Focused on providing the best possible care and outcome for our clients
- 4 Legal Services – Mesothelioma
- 5 Client Testimonials
- 6 Top-Rated Meso Lawyers
- 7 About the Law Firm
- 8 About the Location
When you choose to work with the experienced Belluck & Fox mesothelioma trial attorneys, you can expect:
- A free, no obligation case consultation. We’ll meet with you in your home or at a health care facility, or even discuss your case over the phone — whatever is most convenient.
- An independent investigation. Our experienced trial attorneys will talk with you about your work history, time spent in the military, and other important details about how you were exposed to asbestos.
- Compassion regarding your diagnosis and treatment. We’ll gather medical records to document your illness, and we may consult with medical experts.
- Attention to details. As we investigate, we may track down former coworkers and colleagues to learn what they remember about asbestos products being used on the job. We may also gather relevant blueprints about where you worked (buildings, ships, shipyards, and so on).
- A thorough assessment of all your options. We’ll use the documentation we’ve gathered to make a strong claim for maximum compensation from all parties that should be held responsible. This could involve filing an asbestos lawsuit, as well as seeking payments from asbestos bankruptcy trust funds.
- Even though most asbestos companies would prefer to settle a claim rather than risk going to trial, some cases must go before a judge and jury in order to recover the compensation you deserve. Our skilled trial lawyers will fiercely advocate for you, so you don’t have to worry about whether you can travel to court to testify. We always put our clients’ health needs first.
How long does an asbestos lawsuit take?
Building a strong case takes time, but our extensive experience in this field allows us to work efficiently. Also, because of the severity of asbestos diseases, our attorneys usually request that the court resolve these cases within one year.
Why not talk with one of our dedicated personal injury attorneys to learn more about how Belluck & Fox will fight for you and your family? Fill out our online contact form now to schedule a free consultation.
Why Choose Belluck & Fox? We Get Results.
- Top-rated mesothelioma trial lawyers with decades of experience
- High-quality representation and compassionate service from experienced asbestos attorneys
- More than $1 billion in verdicts and settlements
- Recommended by mesothelioma patients and their families
- Focused on providing the best possible care and outcome for our clients
Legal Services – Mesothelioma
The decision to pursue an asbestos claim doesn’t mean you would be suing your former boss or the military. Rather, our attorneys will work with you to identify companies that made and sold asbestos products to which you were exposed.
Belluck & Fox Capital District legal services involve a review of your work history and any applicable military service history. This information helps us launch an investigation into when and where you were exposed to asbestos, which in turn helps us find the companies that may be held liable for your illness.
Depending on your circumstances, there are several options for seeking compensation:
If the asbestos companies responsible for your exposure are still in business, your attorney may demand compensation by filing a lawsuit. Even though asbestos companies often offer a settlement before a case can go to trial, our mesothelioma lawyers prepare extensively, taking depositions, collecting records, and hiring experts to help build a strong case. Our seasoned litigators know the only way an asbestos company will consider full and fair compensation is if we are ready to take your case before a judge and jury.
Asbestos Bankruptcy Funds
To protect asbestos victims, the law mandates that asbestos companies filing for bankruptcy must set aside money in special trust funds. Seeking compensation from an asbestos trust fund is different from filing an asbestos lawsuit. However, our attorneys prepare in much the same way: by determining which products exposed you to asbestos and providing proof of the damages you have suffered as a result.
Sadly, many veterans have been diagnosed with asbestos-related diseases such as pleural mesothelioma because they were exposed to asbestos products during their time in the military. Navy veterans are most at risk because asbestos was commonly used on Navy ships and in shipyards.
Veterans diagnosed with asbestos diseases may be able to obtain monthly benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs. Belluck & Fox has an attorney on staff who is an accredited VA claims agent and can help you file a VA benefits claim at no charge if we are handling your mesothelioma lawsuit.
The Social Security Administration considers mesothelioma to be a debilitating disease, which could mean you’re eligible for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits. We can help you with filing a claim for benefits by providing proof of your illness.
You also may be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits if you had to leave your job due to your asbestos disease.
Your unique situation will dictate how our asbestos attorneys pursue compensation for you. In many cases, our team may take action on several fronts. For instance, we may file a claim for compensation through an asbestos trust fund and also pursue a lawsuit against a separate asbestos company that was partially responsible for your asbestos exposure.
In addition, if you have lost a family member to an asbestos disease, our attorneys may be able to help you pursue compensation through a wrongful death claim.
Schedule a free consultation with us today to learn more about the asbestos claims process and get your questions answered.
Belluck & Fox is honored that our satisfied clients frequently recommend our trusted law firm to friends and family members:
“I want to express my sincere thanks to you and your team for your hard work and dedication to my case, words cannot express my heartfelt gratitude in how you and your team have change our lives for the better.” – Veston Lorde
“I know it was a lot, but I don’t think I’ll ever fully understand the amount of time, effort, expertise, etc. that went into finishing this job. When I was given the opportunity to find legal help, it was a true relief to hear that you would take the case. … Thank you for keeping me involved only when I needed to be – this helped keep my anxiety and stress at bay, so I could focus on taking care of my girls and myself. I am forever grateful to you all for every single moment of time you put into helping us.” – Amy
Top-Rated Meso Lawyers
Founded in 2002, Belluck & Fox Capital District lawyers have earned national recognition by the National Law Journal, Best Lawyers® and other prominent legal publications such as Super Lawyers® and Martindale-Hubbell® for our work in the areas of mass tort and product liability. We’re known for providing clients with personalized and professional representation.
About the Law Firm
For more than 20 years, the respected Belluck & Fox asbestos law firm has served residents of Albany and the Capital Region. We also serve clients throughout the State of New York from offices in Rochester, Woodstock, and New York City.
If you have been injured in Albany, Schenectady, Rensselaer, or Saratoga County, the dedicated Albany personal injury attorneys at Belluck & Fox are committed to helping you attain the compensation you need to get your life back on track. Our compassionate attorneys have secured more than $1 billion for clients who have been seriously harmed because of another individual’s or company’s negligent behavior.
Capital District residents have come to rely on our savvy team to provide the strategic legal plans and one-on-one attention they need to push through trying times. We’re glad to talk with you in detail about how we can help you. Please schedule a free consultation today with our Capital District personal injury attorneys.
About the Location
To best serve our many Capital District clients, Belluck & Fox has a law office at 646 Plank Road, #105 Clifton Park, NY 12065. Our office is about a mile from Clifton Park Center. Reach us via the Adirondack Northway (I-87) to Exit 9W, and take the first right onto Plank Road (heading away from the shopping mall).
Rest assured that if you live in Albany, Troy, Schenectady, Hudson, Amsterdam, Glenn Falls, or any of the other cities or towns in the Capital Region, you can count on easy access to one of most highly respected law firms not only in New York, but in the United States.
We’ll also come to you if you’re unable to travel. Our lawyers will meet with you at your home, in the hospital or wherever else is convenient for you. Help is only a phone call or a click away. Please call us at (518) 621-2699 or contact us through our website to set up a free initial consultation. We’re here to serve you.