Albany Truck Accident Lawyers
Motorists who are involved in crashes with large commercial trucks are at a much greater risk of serious injury and death than those who collide with other passenger cars — and no wonder. Large commercial trucks typically weigh 20 to 30 times more than standard passenger cars, and the injuries they produce can be catastrophic.
If you or a relative has been hurt in a serious crash involving a large truck, you need help from the top-rated New York truck accident lawyers at Belluck & Fox. Our skilled legal team will fight for the full and fair compensation you need to cover medical costs, property damage, lost wages and the many other expenses your family is facing. Our tenacious attorneys have been recognized by peers at Martindale-Hubbell, Super Lawyers and Best Lawyers, and we have recovered more than $1 billion for our deserving clients.
When you trust our professional legal team, you can count on our experienced truck accident attorneys in Albany to:
- Develop a sound legal strategy to recover the maximum possible compensation
- Identify each responsible party from the truck’s driver to its owner to the company that maintained the vehicle
- Assemble a team of accident reconstruction specialists, medical professionals and financial experts to explain what caused the crash and how your injuries have impacted your life
- Negotiate aggressively with insurance companies and prepare your case for court in the event that the at-fault parties do not agree to a fair and full settlement
- Treat you and your loved ones with the personalized attention and compassion you deserve
Please call us at (518) 621-2699 or contact us online today to speak with a trusted New York injury attorney. You are welcome to visit our Capital District law office at 646 Plank Road, #105, Clifton Park NY 12065, or one of our skilled attorneys can come to you.
A consultation is free, and you do not pay anything upfront to start on your truck accident claim. In fact, you owe us nothing unless and until we recover money for you.
Why Choose Our Top-Rated Albany Truck Accident Attorneys?
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Choose Our Top-Rated Albany Truck Accident Attorneys?
- 2 Common Causes of Albany Truck Accidents
- 3 Common Types of Trucks Involved in Albany Crash Injury Cases
- 4 Contact the Albany Truck Accident Lawyers at Belluck & Fox for a Free Consultation
- More than $1 billion in compensation secured for deserving clients
- Acclaimed law firm with a long track record in handling complex truck accident cases
- Extensive experience in successfully resolving claims involving all types of trucks, including tractor-trailers, semis, box trucks, garbage trucks and moving trucks
- Available to meet with clients throughout Albany, Troy, Latham, Schenectady and Saratoga Springs
- Always focused on achieving the best outcome for our clients
Who Can Be Held Responsible After a Truck Accident?
Big rigs are not only governed by an array of state and federal regulations, they also have complicated operating systems. All this comes into play when determining liability in a truck collision. Depending on the particular circumstances of your case, here are some of the avenues from which our Albany truck accident attorneys may pursue compensation:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- Construction Company
- Owners of the tractor or trailer that caused the crash
- Drivers of other vehicles, such as in a pile-up or a multiple-vehicle crash
- Corporations that hired the truck driver or trucking company
- Trucking company vendors or customers with a role in unsafely loading the cargo
- Distributors and manufacturers responsible for failed equipment or defective vehicle parts
- Any mechanic or garage that did not maintain the truck properly or failed to find a problem that caused the crash
Regardless of who or what caused the collision, the Albany truck accident lawyers at Belluck & Fox will identify every possible party that can be held liable and build a strong case for full and fair compensation for you.
Common Causes of Albany Truck Accidents
Every truck accident is different ─ different drivers, different vehicles, different circumstances. However, there are some common causes. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration identified several common factors in their Large Truck Crash Causation Study. Some of these include:
- Distracted or inattentive driving
- Fatigue or falling asleep at the wheel
- Being physically impaired because of a sudden ailment such as a seizure or a heart attack
- Over-the-counter or prescription drug use
- Driver panic or overcompensating
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions
- Tailgating or following other vehicles too closely
- Unfamiliarity with the road or problematic road conditions
- Equipment failure such as problems with the tires or brakes
- Interrupted traffic flow, such as congestion from another crash
Our skilled Albany truck accident attorneys will launch a thorough investigation into your crash, including obtaining information from the truck’s data recorder and the trucker’s logs, to determine exactly what caused the wreck and who should be held liable for compensating you.
Common Types of Trucks Involved in Albany Crash Injury Cases
Thousands of innocent people are injured in serious truck accidents in New York each year. The experienced Albany truck accident attorneys at Belluck & Fox know that in these types of collisions, the type and size of the truck matter, as does the load it carries. For example:
Tractor-trailers (also known as big rigs, semi-trailers and 18-wheelers) have high centers of gravity as well as significant blind spots. Drivers must compensate for a wide range of differences in weight, such as when they are “bobtailing” without the trailer itself or driving without cargo. According to TruckersReport.com, tractor-trailers need 40 percent more time to stop than regular passenger cars.
Tanker trucks also have notable blind spots and high centers of gravity. In addition to injuries from the collision itself, victims may face breathing hazards if toxic loads spill or leak.
Flatbed trucks can lose their loads in accidents that occur because of poor road conditions, dangerous driving or improperly secured cargo. This can cause injuries not only to the people in the vehicle the truck collides with, but also to other drivers who crash due to the spilled load.
Tow trucks are often a help, not a hazard. However, drivers who are improperly trained can pose a powerful risk. Plus, vehicles that aren’t secured correctly to a tow truck can break loose and wreak havoc on the road.
Garbage and dump trucks operate regularly in residential areas, need to stop frequently and have large blind spots. This makes them risky not only to other drivers, but to bicyclists and pedestrians as well.
Contact the Albany Truck Accident Lawyers at Belluck & Fox for a Free Consultation
The veteran Albany truck accident attorneys at Belluck & Fox will review the circumstances of your case for free to determine what types of compensation we can pursue for you. Here are some examples of the types of compensation we may seek:
- Payment for lost wages and diminished future earning capacity
- Reimbursement for past medical expenses as well as payment for future health care costs related to your crash injuries
- Money to repair or replace your motor vehicle
- Awards for the pain and suffering you have endured as a result of the crash
- Punitive damages, which may be awarded in extreme cases where the at-fault party showed severe misconduct
Contact us today to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation, and learn how we will advocate for you. Call (518) 621-2699 or fill out our online form to get started.