Albany Truck Accident Lawyers and Commercial Driver Attorneys
Motorists who are involved in a truck accident with large commercial trucks are at a much greater risk of serious injury and death than those who collide with other passenger cars — and no wonder. Large commercial trucks with cargo typically weigh 20 to 30 times more than standard passenger cars, and the injuries they produce can be catastrophic with a lot of liability.
If you or a relative has been hurt or received an injury from a serious motor crash involving a large truck accident, you need help from the top-rated New York truck accident lawyers from the law firm Belluck & Fox. Our skilled lawyers and legal team will fight for the full and fair compensation you need to cover medical costs, property damage, negligence, lost wages and the many other expenses your family is facing for any truck accident injury. Our Albany truck accident attorneys have been recognized by peers at Martindale-Hubbell, Super Lawyers and Best Lawyers, and we have recovered more than $1 billion for our deserving clients suffering from different types of accident-related injury.
When you trust our professional legal team and attorneys, you can count on our experienced truck accident attorneys in Albany to:
- Develop a sound legal strategy based on your rights to recover the maximum possible compensation from punitive damages
- Identify each responsible party from the truck’s driver to its owner to the company that maintained the vehicle or insurance company
- Assemble a team of truck accident reconstruction specialists, medical professionals in related practice areas and financial experts from our law firm to explain what caused the crash and how your injuries have impacted your life from your truck accident injury
- Negotiate aggressively with trucking insurance companies for compensation and prepare your truck accident case lawsuits for court in the event that the at-fault parties do not agree to a fair and full settlement for your personal injury
- Treat you and your loved ones with the personalized legal attention from our accident lawyers and the compassion you deserve from the failure of others in your accident
Please call us at (518) 621-2699 or contact us online today to speak with a trusted New York truck accident injury attorney. You are welcome to visit our Capital District law office at 646 Plank Road, #105, Clifton Park NY 12065, or one of our skilled injury attorneys can come to you and review your injuries case.
A consultation about your truck accident is free, and you do not pay any fee upfront to start on your truck accident claim or lawsuits. In fact, you owe us nothing unless and until we recover money for your trucking accident personal injury.
Why Choose Our Top-Rated Albany Truck Accident Attorneys?
- More than $1 billion in compensation secured for deserving personal injury clients and accident victims
- Acclaimed law firm and lawyers with a long track record in handling complex truck accident cases
- Extensive personal injury experience in successfully resolving truck accident claims involving all types of trucks, including tractor-trailers, semis, box trucks, garbage trucks and moving trucks involved in trucking related injuries
- Available to meet with clients throughout Albany, Troy, Latham, Schenectady and Saratoga Springs that experienced accidents in our practice areas
- Always focused on achieving the best outcome for our clients involved in a truck accident
Who Can Be Held Responsible After a Truck Accident?
Big rigs and trucks are not only governed by an array of state laws and federal regulations, they also have complicated trucking industry operating systems. All this comes into play when determining liability for injury in a truck collision or accident cases. Depending on the particular circumstances and liability of your case, here are some of the avenues from which our Albany truck accident attorneys may pursue compensation for your truck accident:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- Construction Company
- Owners of the tractor or trailer that caused the crash
- Drivers of other vehicles, such as in a pile-up or a multiple-vehicle crash
- Corporations that hired the truck driver or trucking company
- Trucking company vendors or customers with a role in unsafely loading the cargo
- Distributors and manufacturers responsible for failed equipment or defective vehicle parts
- Any mechanic or garage that did not maintain the truck properly or failed to find a problem that caused the crash
Regardless of who or what caused the collision or truck accident, the Albany truck accident lawyers at Belluck & Fox will identify every possible party that can be held liable and build a strong case for full and fair compensation for your injury.
Common Causes of Albany Truck Accidents
Every truck accident and injury is different ─ different truck drivers, different vehicles, different circumstances. However, there are some common causes. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration identified several common factors in their Large Truck Crash Causation Study. Some of these include:
- Distracted or inattentive driving
- Fatigue or falling asleep at the wheel
- Being physically impaired because of a sudden ailment such as a seizure or a heart attack
- Over-the-counter or prescription drug use
- Driver panic or overcompensating
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions
- Tailgating or following other vehicles too closely
- Unfamiliarity with the road or problematic road conditions
- Equipment failure such as problems with the tires or brakes
- Interrupted traffic flow, such as congestion from another crash
Our skilled Albany truck accident attorneys will launch a thorough investigation into your crash or truck accident, including obtaining information from the truck’s data recorder and the trucker’s logs, to determine exactly what caused the wreck and who should be held liable for compensating you.
Common Types of Trucks Involved in Albany Crash Injury Cases
Thousands of innocent people are injured in serious truck accidents in New York each year. The experienced Albany truck accident attorneys at Belluck & Fox know that in these types of collisions, the type and size of the truck matter, as does the load it carries. For example:
Tractor-trailers (also known as big rigs, semi-trailers and 18-wheelers) have high centers of gravity as well as significant blind spots prone to truck accidents. Drivers must compensate for a wide range of differences in weight, such as when they are “bobtailing” without the trailer itself or driving without cargo. According to TruckersReport.com, tractor-trailers need 40 percent more time to stop than regular passenger cars.
Tanker trucks also have notable blind spots and high centers of gravity that can experience a truck accident. In addition to injuries from the collision itself, victims may face breathing hazards if toxic loads spill or leak or related injury.
Flatbed trucks can lose their loads in a truck accident that occurs because of poor road conditions, dangerous driving or improperly secured cargo. This can cause injuries not only to the people in the vehicle the truck collides with, but also to other drivers who crash due to the spilled load.
Tow trucks are often a help, not a hazard. However, drivers who are improperly trained can pose a powerful risk. Plus, vehicles that aren’t secured correctly to a tow truck can break loose and wreak havoc on the road and get into a truck accident.
Garbage and dump trucks operate regularly in residential areas, need to stop frequently and have large blind spots. This makes them risky and prone to dangerous truck accident not only for other drivers, but to bicyclists and pedestrians as well.
Contact the Albany Truck Accident Lawyers at Belluck & Fox for a Free Consultation
The veteran Albany truck accident attorneys at Belluck & Fox will review the circumstances of your case for free to determine what types of compensation we can pursue for you. Here are some examples of the types of compensation we may seek:
- Payment for lost wages and diminished future earning capacity due to truck accident
- Reimbursement for past medical expenses as well as payment for future health care costs related to your crash injuries
- Money to repair or replace your motor vehicle
- Awards for the pain and suffering you have endured as a result of the crash
- Punitive damages from the truck accident, which may be awarded in extreme cases where the at-fault party showed severe misconduct
Contact us today to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation, and learn how we will advocate for you. Call (518) 621-2699 or fill out our online form to get started.