LILCO Far Rockaway Powerhouse
You may be entitled to receive compensation. Mesothelioma and lung cancer victims & their families have been awarded over $1 million+ from easy access to funds. Call us today to apply.
Over the past 20 years, we've helped 1,000s of families claim the compensation they deserve with no upfront costs to them.
The original Far Rockaway, NY Power Station dates to 1899, when it opened as a steam engine generation plant.
In 1953 the Long Island Lighting Company (LILCO) opened a new coal-fired plant at this site. It was later converted to a 109-megawatt natural gas and oil-fired steam electric generation plant and became a gas-only plant in 1966.
The plant was shut down in 1980 and re-opened several years later before it was finally closed in June 2012 by Long Island Power Authority, which took over operations from the financially-troubled LILCO.
Years of Operation: 1899-2012
Address: Far Rockaway, NY
Lilco New York Locations:
- LILCO / Long Island Lighting Co
- LILCO (Shoreham)
- LILCO Babylon Powerhouse
- LILCO Barrett/Island Park Powerhouse
- LILCO East Hampton Powerhouse
- LILCO Far Rockaway Powerhouse
- LILCO Glenwood Landing Powerhouse
- LILCO Northport Powerhouse
- LILCO Port Jefferson Powerhouse
- LILCO Shoreham Nuclear Power Plant